ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

A Small Piece of Heavy Reading, a Psyche on Scientology!!!

Discussion in 'Books and Essays About Scientology' started by Sydney, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Sydney

Sydney Patron

Hey there people, I was trawling the net today reading various articles trying to find a document I read years ago in a public library to share with this site on mind control techniques, when I stumbled upon this doozy.
    A special thank you to the www.lermanet.com site.

It appears to be an excerpt from the writings of on Dr Benjamin Beit-Hallahmi of the University of Haifa, for those unfamiliar with the name, he was one of the external professionals that helped scuttle the "APA Task Force on Deceptive and Indirect Techniques of Persuasion and Control (DIMPAC)" from releasing its findings under the official auspices of the APA.

Although it makes for some heavy reading ,this mere excerpt delves deeply into scientology from an obviously unbiased and clinical point of view and yes it is extremely damning...surprising really considering the author was in no small part responsible for scientology going un-checked for quite some time.

But a good read never the less to some one concerned with just "WHAT SCIENTOLOGY IS" and the article also has a wealth of references to support its conclusions not to mention recommended further reading.

http://www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/MarburgJournalofReligion092003-2.htm

ENJOY!!!:happydance:
    Oh and feel free to leave a comment on your own thoughts if you read it, I'll listen .....honest :D