What's new

A small piece of the story-me as an OOT

The Oracle

Gold Meritorious Patron
In the early 90's a mission was fired out of Int to go to all the Sea Org service Org's and tear out all of the chapels.

I just know I don't know of any Sea Org members allowed to take off for sunday service at any church.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
In the early 90's a mission was fired out of Int to go to all the Sea Org service Org's and tear out all of the chapels.

Really? Why did they want them to tear out all the chapels?

I seem to remember a big "Sunday Service" push in the SO orgs. Wasn't it around that time?

Sky

Patron with Honors
Hey--check it out!

I was getting rid of an old computer that I haven't used for a couple of years, and thought I'd check to see if there were any files I wanted to hold onto. Guess what! I found a few photos from when I was at Flag. I'm in most of them, but there were a couple I wasn't in that I thought I'd share just for kicks...
MVC-001F.jpg

This is one of the rooms I stayed in. It was just big enough to fit two sets of bunkbeds against one wall, and one set against the other wall.

MVC-006F.jpg

This is our room from the outside.

This was a total blast from the past! I also found a scanned copy of a Sea Org contract (think my ex-husband must have put that on the computer) along with a text file of the staff application form. I would have posted those too but I'm not sure if it would violate any kind of copywrite laws. Anyone know if that'd be okay?

Last edited:

everfree

Patron Meritorious
That looks like one of the two motels they bought in the late ninties to house OOTs. I stayed in a room very much like that on a later trip there. The back windows overlooked a pretty canal and there was a swimming pool I never had time to use.

Previously, OOTs were housed at the Hacienda, even though it meant kicking SO staff out of their quarters and moving them god only knows where. I always felt kinda bad for them.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Wow, Celeste. I just noticed that that room actually had an air conditioner!!!
:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

It's the freakin' luxury penthouse at the Hilton compared to the berthing in PAC.

Sky

Patron with Honors
That looks like one of the two motels they bought in the late ninties to house OOTs. I stayed in a room very much like that on a later trip there. The back windows overlooked a pretty canal and there was a swimming pool I never had time to use.

Yep, it was one of those. When I first arrived they were putting us in the Mariner, which was another motel that was for FSO staff. Since I arrived during an evolution, they were pretty packed. As more people completed their training and left, they moved us into the student motels. There were three of them when I was there.

It's the freakin' luxury penthouse at the Hilton compared to the berthing in PAC.
Yep, we had AC.:bleh: It's too bad, since I probably would have gone straight home if there hadn't been any when I arrived in the middle of the Florida summer!

Bea Kiddo

Crusader

The only reason they had AC was cause if you dont in Florida, you will end up with mildew all over everything. By the way, if you turn off your AC in your room during the day and it results in mildew, you will be spending the day in ETHICS (no joke).

Blast from the past Sky!! My room was just like that at Flag. I huge improvement from SO berthing, that is FOR SURE.

Plus the caretakers there weren't so bad either. Pretty nice and helpful. Weird cause I was not used to people being friendly, and they were.

Sky

Patron with Honors
I haven't posted anything on this thread for a long time, but a couple of things have happened recently that were kind of interesting...

For several weeks, I'd been coming home from work to find messages on my voicemail from the Continental Justice Chief saying that she had some Exciting News! and wanted to talk to me about it. There were a couple of times when she would call late at night too but I just wouldn't answer the phone (I love caller ID!)

Finally I got tired of her calling and answered the phone one night when she called at about 11 pm. She said that they were contacting people who had been declared SP who had only run into some slight Ethics trouble and who could easily get it "handled." (OK, now if being a Suppressive Person is that easy to handle, what's the big deal about being an SP? Or whatever. You get what I'm saying.)

I told her that my life has been much better since leaving Scientology and I wasn't interested in her offer. She didn't seem too surprised, and told me if I changed my mind "the door was always open." (I have to admit that I thought about getting into it with her, but I kind of felt sorry for her--I would hate to be in her shoes, and who knows if she's just as trapped as others have been and as I felt I was.)

So today I get a present in the mail from International Justice Chief himself! A DVD of the event where they released the re-re-re-technologicallified materials. And a letter telling me to give him a call. Right.

My fiancé who was never a Scientologist was curious and wanted to watch it, just to see what a Scientology event was like. So we popped it in the DVD player and got some great laughs. For the first hour or so. Then it got kind of old and we just fast forwarded through to the end to see how long it was. I can't believe I used to sit through three hours of that crap. One hour was more than enough, even with being able to poke fun of it.

Just another little reminder of how happy I am to be out, out, out!!!

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Thank you for the update!! I had been wondering about you!!

So what kind of offer was it, do you know?

Were they still expecting you to do the A to E steps? Or were they offering to cancel?

(If they are offering the cancel, that means they are admitting they are wrong...?)

No call for me.

I guess trying lesbianism is a GROSS SUPPRESSIVE ACT....:clap:

Sky

Patron with Honors
Hi Bea! From what she said it sounded like they wanted to work to help me get through the A to E steps. I have a theory that they were kind of hoping to get me back on staff, I've heard tell of upheavals at the local org and problems with keeping people on executive posts. Big surprise.

I also think that they've run out of people to sell those new re-releases to, and have resorted to trying to get us not-too-threatening SPs to buy them. :hysterical:

I don't know what the difference is between a mildly supressive person and a grossly suppressive person. We're all supposed to be dangerous, right? I'm sure they would be fine about you trying anything, as long as you were willing to pony up the big bucks to get it "handled." That's the problem with you and me: we're not willing to admit that we are misguided, evil, irresponsible people and subjugate ourselves to making amends for the next ten years and paying out the ass for the privilege.

I have popped in to check out the board from time to time, but have been pretty busy with work and college and planning a wedding! I hope you are doing well, Bea! I'll try to not be such a stranger.

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
I posted another thread but I guess it ties into this one ...

http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?p=76924#post76924

Who else here was at FSO during the orginal GAT evolution (before it was released)?

And those smocks were annoying. Trying to keep them clean.

And of course my original Flag OOT experience. The eggs in the morning that smelled like something had died.

Oh those were the days.

I wonder where Garia is? And Leif - my original supervisor at flag.. Ill have to post those questions on the reconnecting thread ....

Terril park

Sponsor
Hi Bea! From what she said it sounded like they wanted to work to help me get through the A to E steps. I have a theory that they were kind of hoping to get me back on staff, I've heard tell of upheavals at the local org and problems with keeping people on executive posts. Big surprise. [snip]

I know someone else in a similar position. They were asked to donate full sets of new books to libraries. Not sure how many, and I believe it was
steps on A-E.

How suppressive were you?

Maybe the new SP standard is
" No of Libraries." :)

My advice is to tell all callers a URL such as
www.xenu.net and one of the FZ ones. My sig line will do. Perhaps best is the TV program.

Go ahead, Be dangerous to the environment. :)

Kerry

Patron with Honors
Thanks for posting that Sky. I'm glad you and your husband had a bit of fun watching the first hour. Congratulations on achieving a new level of SP!

Well, it's well-known the CoS has been scraping the bottom of the barrel re new recruits and other members to reg. God, what's next? Inviting Tory, Chuck, Larry, ET AL back in? :ohmy:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hey Sky! Thanks for the update. I've been wondering about you too, wondering if you were OK etc. I'm glad things are good.

It's wild that they are contacting declared SPs. I mean think about it. It's a real measure of the level of desperation.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Actually I remember when I was in, a couple of times, there would be an evolution to recover declared SPs. As long as they had not publicly denounced Scn or attacked the church in the legal system, or gone to the press about Scn, they could be recovered.

They have had different programs of how to return them to good graces and get them back onlines.

I dont think they have ever approached one who was a public critic of the church to recover them. Only to get them to stop and find something else to do.

Correct me if I am wrong on that last para....

Sky

Patron with Honors
I think you're right Bea. I was kind of surprised that they didn't have me on a list of people who had gone public against Scientology--even though I haven't given my real name, I thought that I had put in enough details here and on OCMB that it would be easy to know who I was.

Maybe OSA has so many problems to try to deal with now, they don't have time to take interest in minor critics like myself!:thumbsup:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Well, with my whole story, you would think they would know who I am. Maybe they do. But they have not told my mother that. I would have found out.

So who knows?

I am suprised that they have not contacted me in any way. To shut me up, or to get me to give them money. Weird, eh?

Maybe I should write to CJC to find out...

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
Maybe I should write to CJC to find out...

Let's not be hasty! Let it go a few years and if they don't try to contact you, maybe it'll be because the Church has died in its current incarnation.

:p

I would love to see the day that DM is kicked out (and in jail), the whole organization restructures so that RTC and management organizations have no controlling powers beyond advisory, all GAT procedures cancelled or presented only as an alternate, all past auditor certs that have been cancelled reinstated, emeters sold under whatever brandname made by whoever, with Gold certifying all those that operate according to a consistent standard, all editing of books and materials cancelled, returning them to the orginal form, with edits presented only as alternatives.

Management and RTC would operate only off of interest on monies already collected and nominal fees for consulting only. All organizations subject to the same laws that apply to all religious institutions. Non-profit status only granted to individual organizations that can prove that no person makes a significant profit, only normal wages and health care.

I don't think it's going to happen that way, but it would be nice ....

Sky

Patron with Honors
I had the same thought when I first left, but I think it would be too much of an upheaval to be able to keep the organization together. I wouldn't be surprised if once the Church is completely kaput, several individual organizations pop up that practice Scn. There are too many people too deeply into it for no one to follow the practices even if the organization of the Church itself disintegrates.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
If you have to go back into session because of an Auditor "flub", why do you have to pay again? That sort of behavior has to be fixed as well.

If a surgeon leaves a clamp inside during an operation that requires surgery to remove, the patient gets compensation not a new bill.