What's new

A STORY FROM GREECE

opahgirl

Patron
I was born and raised in Athens,Greece.
My mom gave me the truth about scientology book as a gift for my 18 birthday.
I read it.I went to Athens org and had a personality test.
I wanted to punch the guy who evaluated me, like hell....but instead i satirized the hell out of him to his face and we became good friends(he had a good sense of humour).
I received two intro courses and decided i wanted to be a full time staff member.
I had a line up to become a word clearer although i clearly stated i only came in to become an auditor.....
I was sent in Copenhagen for my training.
A super Power recruiter talked to me about becoming a super power auditor.I asked what training would i have to have and she told me it required a huge amount of training(which i loved)and auditing,of which i had a little in copenhagen and loved it......(.I had a sweet 17 year old sea org member auditing me and she really was a lovely person,full of love).
By that time i had grown to really like the s.o members i met in Copenhagen and so thought it would be a great idea to become one of them.
I was told i would of course be replaced in my org ,back in Greece.
I did my EPF in Copenhagen and being used to having fun,had a lot of fun doing it.Although i started getting in trouble and dragged to the ethics officer for all my jokes and doing handlings.
I completed the EPF and went back to greece to prepare my stuff and say good bye to family(non scientologists,except mom who was friendly towards Scn)and staff in Athens and get my visa to fly to Florida.
I came and redid my EPF,which i protested as i had done it before.
Long story short i joined the TTC for Super Power.
Did ok on study ,great on theory(applying the tech)and had a great time auditing SO staff, EPFers and sometimes VIPs...(on the lowest grades).....
That was my pride and joy.........
I LOVED auditing......pcs wins on ethics sec checks was my greatest pride.....smiling faces.......even floating TAs on examiners,was really validating for me and kept me going....
I definetely believe that,if later on i was allowed on post and was auditing through out the huge ethics cycle that followed,i would still be there today.............Although i'm glad this wasn't allowed.
I got stuck on my metering course big time.
I got stuck on my grade 4 internship.and so did NED course theory and PTS S/P course while stuck in my internship.
On december 2003 i called home to wish my family for the hollidays.My mom was happy to hear from me.Although she told me my grandma (age 80 at the time)was not living there anymore and i should call my uncle to find out more,as she didn't care....(note my mom was a public of Athens org at the time).I called my uncle who said my grandma wasn't there and that he would not under any circumstances tell me where she was or give me her telephone number(as her cellphone was dead for months-the phone,not granny)he said if i was REALLY interested i would be there not in the US...he said my mom had almost killed my grandma (which i never believed,and both mom and grandma proved to be an exaggeration)and he had A POLICE REPORT in his hands verrifying her savage beating from my mom....he said only if i came there would he tell me where she was and give my her number..........
I was really upset..........I was crying in the Fort Harrisson public phone booth for about 15' straight.
I called back my mom and explained.....she didn't care......Although she lived at her house at the time and i suspected she had kicked my grandma out(they always went into huge fights).
So i did what i thought i had to do.
I was in the S.O for well over 3 years and never had a day off.Iwas told i was allowed to have 3 weeks leave of absence every year.So I did a Complete Staff work and asked to use 3 months to goback to greece find out what was really going on,handle anything that i found and get back to Florida as soon as i am done,even before the 3 months are over,in case everything was over faster than that>
OF COURSE my csw was disapproved.I begged the HAS to call AThens org and verify what was the deal.....had my mom really gone nuts and bit my 80year old grandma?if yes had she blown scn?
was there someone in Athens org that could handle her instead of me.then?
After a lot of my personal pushing....they DID call osa athens who said they talked to my mom and she sounded fine..........
No mention of my grandma or her whereabouts.........
That made it even harder for me to push though my loa cycle.
It's really hard for me to keep it short,but i'll do my best.
An MAA wrote i am trying to make up this story(for which i have police documents with dates on them to verify it)because i wanted to blow.
I explained that i wanted to be an auditor and have tried so but i keep on ending up on ethics cycles for various reasons(i 'll make a special entrance for that)and thus i am getting tired of trying and it's true i am not allowed to do what i love most .........
But i made perfectly clear that if i wanted to blow i would definetely blow
At the time all i really wanted to do was solve the fucking family mystery and returning......
Endless discussions,sec checks,fprds even in order to verify what i said was true......
I finally wrote a csw which stated as follows...(i giving just a summary of it)

I am here on this post which i love.
I want to be here.
There has been some serious suspicions of things being really fucked up with my family.Athens org won't handle it.my mom won't handle it.Sea org won't handle it.The greek police might handle it.
But i prefer that i handle it.
My family has raised me(although they're greek ,thus completely nuts)with lots of love,and in their hour of need,i will be there to comfort them and solve any and all problems they have.I remember saying(not quite sure if i wrote it in the csw too,but its quite possible as i was really pissed)I AM GOING TO GREECE TO HANDLE MY FAMILY..tHE ONLY QUESTIONIS ARE YOU GOING TO ALLOW MY TO DO IT ON THE L.O.A. I AM ENTITLED TO,OR WITHOUT IT,THAT IS ENTIRELY UP TO YOU.I AM GOING THERE NOMATTER WHAT YOU SAY OR DO.IF IT'S ON A LOA I GET TO COME BACK AND GO BACK ON POST.IF IT'S NOT,I REALLY DO NOT GIVE A FUCK WHAT HAPPENS UNTIL I DO HANDLE MY FAMILY.......

Needless to say they asked me to say i wanted to leave.I said i did(it often came up on my leaving sec check that i actually didn't want to go,and i even got one comm ev to go and another one to stay)....but they decided that if i wanted to stay i would have to do the RPF......
I answered i have not had sex for more than 3 years and i"m just a 23 year old and i withstood that only to be able to be on post and productive.So i would certainly not go to the RPF for something that to me was my human right and their wrongfull handling and missapplication of ethics tech....

Finished off my route out got an airplane(my mom had sent me 2000 dollars wrapped around a olive oil bottle(I know it supports the greek stereotype,that makes it even more funny for me)and came back......by that time my pronounciation of greek was affected by speaking only english for 4 years straight,and i could not fit anywhere....i truly felt like an alien......

I asked a review of my comm ev...i got one in italy,but i was still declared an sp.....

I got my freeloader bill that was around 35.000 us dollars.....
I said i don't mind the money,but i am not a suppresive person and i strongly disagree.
The ethics terminal i spoke to(from flag,i dont recall here post title)said that can't be changed.I said a supressive per definition had to have an evil intention and i HAD NONE..............so i will not be doing any handling for something i was not.....
I told her that my first choice if i knew i would end up an sp anyway,would be sex and not wastin 4 years of my life and not being allowed to be want i truly wanted to be,an auditor......

ANyway,my mom asked me if we had to disconnect.I said she should ask the Athens org ethics officer.She did and asked me then (my mom)if i was planning on paying my freeloader debt.I explained i had no job,and even if i di pay it,i would never do the steps required to get back in good standing as i believed that was their thing to do with me,and not the other way around.....
She smiled and said,she is proud of me and much prefers to be in comm with me than with them.........

After handling my grandma(who was 30 klm away from home,in a place for old people,sad and terriffied,and dissapointed at her brothers who sent her there,instead of taking her in their house in her our of need,she had serious health problems and was kicked out of her own house and from my uncles as well..
I handled my mom to rent a house and move.
I fixed all the house alone and got my grandma back in.I found a jib an a house of my own.
i went to the trial that was pending against my mom(charged for beating up a 80 year old)and with my grandma as a witness,cancelled the charge.
My mom and grandma until today visit each other regularly and love each other(though i make sure they don't fight for more than 5'or it gets intense from both sides)and they lived happily ever after............
I HONESTLY DON'T SEE HOW THIS COULD BE HANDLED WITHOUT ME TAKING OVER.......WHEN ALL SCN MEMBERS INVOLVED KEPT SAYING I WAS LYING AND NOMTTHING WAS WRONG...........
Me and my family, were this situation to be continued with out me stepping in,could have easily made it to the tabloids......it could have easily ended on this endless catalog of people negatively affected by Scn.....

I honestly wanted to be there.....

Just 7 days ago i pressed "SPs" on facebook and i ve read and seen a lot of videos.......
I have slept a total of 24 hours in these last 7 days,studying all i could find........
I am sad to say,i believe most of it....even the worst of it......
I know greed and know what it can do to people.......(from personal experience in a very tender young age).......

I want to thank all of you who are out........well done.........
I want to make sure other people who are in can get these data and make up their minds...........
I want to congratulate all of you guys who had the courage and the balls to make videos and get into all the details of what happened.....
.....I want to thank especially the people who have been cadets and managed to get out,or had parents who were or are scnsts and despite the blackmail of disconnection had the courage to take action............
I love you guys.............
since 2004 (april i think)that i routed out,i have not spoken to anyone about my experiences in the s.o or in scn in general........................
I have more to say,but it will come up in due time now that i found you...............hahahahahahha
0thank you emma for this forum.......

Please bare with me as i am not an expert on computers and the way forums work...........

thank you for reading my story,please leave a comment,any at all here.......as ot is the first time i open up about this and it is very important for me to have some kind of answer,....

any comment at all......

i also have a lot of loved ones that i met in copenhagen or clearwater and i spied on on fb and saw they are in good standing(poor souls).......
and also some declared..............
some i have no idea if they even are alive...........
and i would love to hear from anyone that was in FLB from January 2000 till April 2004..............

wish you all the best..................

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
Hi Opahgirl.

Thanks for your post. Glad you straightened out your mother's and grandmother's problems...and got your grandmother a place to live.

Interesting story....Sounds like you dived into the deep end of the swimming pool....and made it out OK.

All the best to you.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi and welcome to the forum.:welcome:

You are not the first good person to be labelled an SP. There are thousands of us! In fact I'm sure there are more people labelled SP than there are current members of the Scientology organization.

You did great in getting out. Very well done.:thumbsup:

opahgirl

Patron
Hi and welcome to the forum.:welcome:

You are not the first good person to be labelled an SP. There are thousands of us! In fact I'm sure there are more people labelled SP than there are current members of the Scientology organization.

You did great in getting out. Very well done.:thumbsup:

I definetely know.......on all the sp declares that i personally know i have never seen a bad person being labeled as an asp....maybe this wad true befora i even was born.....but reading all i've read so far....i even doubt that.......hahahahahah:)))

Terril park

Sponsor
Welcome from another SP, and very interesting story. :)

If you still want to audit I can probably connect you up
to Greek Freezoners.

Lesolee (Sith Lord)

Patron Meritorious
I was in the S.O for well over 3 years and never had a day off.
I got my freeloader bill that was around 35.000 us dollars.....
I said i don't mind the money,but i am not a suppresive person and i strongly disagree.

Well I don't know it's safe to communicate with an ACTUAL SP :no: :omg:

Oh well, what the hell. :handinhand: :hug:

:welcome2:

I hope you told them where to stick their "freeloader bill" :thumbsup:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
I definetely know.......on all the sp declares that i personally know i have never seen a bad person being labeled as an asp....maybe this wad true befora i even was born.....but reading all i've read so far....i even doubt that.......hahahahahah:)))

I don't think I've ever read an honest SP declare. They are always full of inval, eval and generalities.

Welcome to the church of suppression.

Lesolee (Sith Lord)

Patron Meritorious
I don't think I've ever read an honest SP declare. They are always full of inval, eval and generalities.
What were you expecting in an SP Declare, "good roads and good weather" :eyeroll:

Being full of "inval and eval" seems wholly acceptable.

Generalities, no, not acceptable.

Oh well, two out of three ain't bad. :hysterical:

I thought the biggest problem, which you didn't mention, was UNTRUTHS.:omg:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

to Greek Freezoners.

^^^ This is not a good idea. The last thing a person escaping Scientology needs is more Scientology.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
As one resigned Sea Org member to another, WELCOME to the status of "out ethics degraded being"!

Lesolee (Sith Lord)

Patron Meritorious
I got stuck on my metering course big time.
Yes, I can relate to that. I just couldn't be bothered to get stuck on it. I was on the SHSBC and they decided that the pre-reqs I had had to get on it were no longer good enough, so everyone on the BC had to switch to Student Hat retread, Pro TRs retread, Upper Indocs retread, metering course again. I did the student hat bollocks, the Clay table processing, and TRs again :no:, and Upper Indocs again :angry:, BIs getting progressively worse. I knew I was never going to get through the dating drill so I stalled on that, got my pc though his Clay Table Processing and then routed off course. :coolwink:

I figured my auditing was plenty good enough, thank you, so I just solo'd from R6EW, through the Clearing Course, OTI, OTII, OTIII ... and am now on Solo NOTs.:buzzin: No inval, no eval, no org, no C/S, no counter intention, no regging, no fees, no stats :yes:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Given that the Op said

It doesn't seem unreasonable for Terril to make such an offer. :yes:

Given that the last thing a person escaping Scientology needs is more Scientology it seems entirely unreasonable that anyone would dangle temptation in front of someone fresh out of the cult. As well as being harmful to a person's recovery, doing so is also cruel.

opahgirl

Patron

to Greek Freezoners.

Thank you very much.......I have never talked about any of this to anyone for almost 10 years now.....Now i am gettin g all the data I've been missing out on.....
I am far off from deciding to get back on those tracks.........although i will admit to smiling instantly just reading you comment......
Thank you.....:))
:yes:

opahgirl

Patron
Yes, I can relate to that. I just couldn't be bothered to get stuck on it. I was on the SHSBC and they decided that the pre-reqs I had had to get on it were no longer good enough, so everyone on the BC had to switch to Student Hat retread, Pro TRs retread, Upper Indocs retread, metering course again. I did the student hat bollocks, the Clay table processing, and TRs again :no:, and Upper Indocs again :angry:, BIs getting progressively worse. I knew I was never going to get through the dating drill so I stalled on that, got my pc though his Clay Table Processing and then routed off course. :coolwink:

I figured my auditing was plenty good enough, thank you, so I just solo'd from R6EW, through the Clearing Course, OTI, OTII, OTIII ... and am now on Solo NOTs.:buzzin: No inval, no eval, no org, no C/S, no counter intention, no regging, no fees, no stats :yes:

hahahahahhahahhahah:)))it really sounds awfull...at least you had a great supervisor.....he had a bright smile and his students where happy to be around him...........
I know what you're saying because even I being a fresh s.o. could see and hear disagreements....i had friends that told me(as an answer to the simple question how are you doing?)they said:dude,i have to be checked again to see if i am clear.............
so i can relate to the insanity a full retrain can couse....i did everything up to the metering course twice at copenhagen and then flag......so i BEGUN frustrated already...........ajahahahahhahah:))

smartone

My Own Boss
Hello Opahgirl, What a great story you told us and I'm happy for you that things are going well. How could they not now eh?

I lived in Athens for a few years in the Kolonaki area and absolutely loved it there. I learned the Greek language and hasapiko, sirtaki dancing. Loved the plate smashing too. Opah!

opahgirl

Patron
Given that the last thing a person escaping Scientology needs is more Scientology it seems entirely unreasonable that anyone would dangle temptation in front of someone fresh out of the cult. As well as being harmful to a person's recovery, doing so is also cruel.

:eyeroll:that's really thoughtfull.....but really i am a very strongly opinioned person ,since i managed to escape s.o with only scratches........every thing else is no problem.......
but still you are very thoughtfulll to think about the freshly out and temtation factor......Q)it's really relieving for me to be communicating on these things............
i also think it is kind of spookie answering any and all things i find,but ten years of silence have been a long fucking time........:)))soon hopefully i ll get over it.....(imagine it's two in the morning and i've been on line since ten this morning.....hahahahha:)))thank you for being here:)

opahgirl

Patron
Hello Opahgirl, What a great story you told us and I'm happy for you that things are going well. How could they not now eh?

I lived in Athens for a few years in the Kolonaki area and absolutely loved it there. I learned the Greek language and hasapiko, sirtaki dancing. Loved the plate smashing too. Opah!

:happydance:thank you for reading..........yeah after the movie "my greek big fat wedding people i hardly knew(at flag)called me opah.....couse of the sound people make when dancing in this film.........hahahah:)))

i truly believe that communicating just now is the first step to the OUTSIDE of me......:))

smartone

My Own Boss
:happydance:thank you for reading..........yeah after the movie "my greek big fat wedding people i hardly knew(at flag)called me opah.....couse of the sound people make when dancing in this film.........hahahah:)))

i truly believe that communicating just now is the first step to the OUTSIDE of me......:))

That's very cute. I saw that film of course and found it absolutely hilarious. Loved it!

Sindy

Crusader
If only that initial personality test evaluator didn't have a good sense of humor. You could have punched him in the face and gotten declared much earlier...saved yourself some (a lot) of trouble. :biggrin:

Welcome.