What's new

ABC Australia Special on Scientology

MichelleAsWell

Patron with Honors
and then next installment looks even more damning...!

When the voices speaking out are more numerous than the "official" voices telling the lies, certainly that will be the turn of the tide?

how many more reps can they dreg up anyhow? they eliminate themselves from the pool by acting exactly the way they've been taught to--yet the vocal exes are more every day...

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
how many more reps can they dreg up anyhow? they eliminate themselves from the pool by acting exactly the way they've been taught to--yet the vocal exes are more every day...

It might be interesting for the media company to compile some sort of list of local long-term public, not necessarily exes but just everyone, and then go down the list one by one and see what they are like. I'll use letters instead of names and contact info, example only:

A. Ex, but off the record only
B. Ex, but off the record only
C. Ex, but off the record only
D. Couldn't locate
E. Ex, but off the record only
F. Ex, but off the record only
G. CofS, but off the record only
H. Ex, but off the record only
I. Ex, but off the record only
J. Ex, willing to speak now
K. Couldn't locate

Then they could just give the numbers. As in, "We used a list of people who had completed ___ by 2009 in a CofS publication. Out of 237 people on the list, we could locate 194. Of those 194, 3 were willing to support the CofS on this program; 4 said they supported the CofS but only off the record; 12 were willing to be critical of the CofS on the record; 6 weren't sure; and 169 were critical of the CofS but only off the record. The 'off the record' ones all told us — confidentially — they were scared of retribution from the CofS."

Such a survey would remove the main objections to such surveys, i.e., too small a sample size and bias in selecting it.

Paul

greebly

Patron with Honors
>>Virginia Stewart from the Church of Scientology in Sydney denies the church routinely separates family members.

"I don't actually agree it's been routinely done and I think in that instance in that family you would have to speak to the father and the mother about why they lived like that, why they chose to take that action," she said<<

This is a complete crock. I am Virginia's father, and she phoned me on the day she was joining the SO, and said she was sorry, but she could not longer communicate with me as she was joining the SO.

And she has kept that decision, that was in 1988 and I haven't had any communication from her since - 22 years later!

I even sent her a great gift for her 40th birthday, but not even a thank you card.

I was granting her her wish to do what she wanted, but this pisses me off. If my statement is wanted for the Oz enquiry, I'm now willing to speak up.

REgards, Allen

Thankyou Allen!

Good work by Scarlett and Sheila.
That will help a lot of other victims to start speaking too.

I think it might help some of the perpatrators to reconsider remaning in the COS.

All of OZ and elsewhere are not missing the COS witholds anymore, the witholds are being seen.
Perhaps that will allow some of those COS people to take resposibility and admit it, For some, that would mean leaving the COS.

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron
To dear Scarlett and Sheila :bighug:

You were both so brave, honest and real and it was definitely a direct hit at the Cult and exposing its treatment of its most precious people ... the children.

My heart goes out to you both and to all the children who were mistreated. With Scarlett speaking out this may give courage to others to speak out so the healing process can begin.

I feel ashamed that I have been part of and supported this organisation for all those years .... and this is so hard to come to terms with.

:heartflower: well done ..

Happy Days

>>Virginia Stewart from the Church of Scientology in Sydney denies the church routinely separates family members.

"I don't actually agree it's been routinely done and I think in that instance in that family you would have to speak to the father and the mother about why they lived like that, why they chose to take that action," she said<<

This is a complete crock. I am Virginia's father, and she phoned me on the day she was joining the SO, and said she was sorry, but she could not longer communicate with me as she was joining the SO.

And she has kept that decision, that was in 1988 and I haven't had any communication from her since - 22 years later!

I even sent her a great gift for her 40th birthday, but not even a thank you card.

I was granting her her wish to do what she wanted, but this pisses me off. If my statement is wanted for the Oz enquiry, I'm now willing to speak up.

REgards, Allen

Dear Allen this is so so sad but so typical of the Cult's operating basis. 22 years and no communication from your daughter ... where is the love and compassion for another...

I hope that exposing the Cult of its misdeeds, unlawful practices and criminality will bring it to its knees and you and others are reunited with family and friends...

For now good on you for speaking out.... :thumbsup:

Feral

Rogue male
It was a great interview.

You both did a great job and should be very proud.

I have to say though your stories sent me to bed shaking my head, it's just when you think you've found the bottom of the CofS's behavior a new low gets set.

Allan, it must have been infuriating and painful to hear Virginia say that. Sorry mate.

Wisened One

Crusader
Wowwww! Thank you for speaking out, Scarlett! :hug: Australia KICKIN" the Co$'s A$$$$$$!!!

And...did ya'll hear what they're goin' to air tomorrow night? :omg:

ULRC/S

Patron with Honors
Thanks for all the messages of support, guys.

Can someone give me the link to submit a report to the Oz Enquiry? I know I saw it somewhere but can't find it again.

Regards, Allen

Carmel

Crusader
Thanks for all the messages of support, guys.

Can someone give me the link to submit a report to the Oz Enquiry? I know I saw it somewhere but can't find it again.

Regards, Allen
They're not asking for those yet, and when they are, we'll let ya know. I'll pm ya now though, Allen. :)

Carmel

Crusader
<snip>
You don't know the riches you have in your own daughter. For this child to not blame you is so incredibly precious that for you to tromp on this with your militant scientology boots would be the greatest crime on your list.
<snip>
Very true, Arthur, and yeah, they "don't know the riches". They may now start to *feel* them though, now that she'll be gone from their lives due to disconnection from her coming into play, as a result of her speaking the truth and speaking out.

Outethicsofficer

Well done to you Scarlett and Sheila...it takes courage to stand up and speak out.
This whole journey is a bitter sweet one, in the end the wins are overshadowed by the facts of the hits taken by us all including those still in.

What a tragedy this whole Scientology thing has turned out to be I am so sorry that families are torn apart.

I doubt there is a family without harm thanks to Scientology, it's management and it's design, for that we have no one to thank but LRH, the architect of it all.

Fuck him!

James

Kutta

Thank you Scarlet and Sheila for your great courage. Scientology's attitude and treatment of children has got to be the worst of its crimes, imo. My 42 yr old daughter is still haunted by her time spent while I was in the SO and scarcely saw her. It was so damaging even though just for a few years. Just a few days ago, she asked me again, why did I do it. God, or whoever, forgive me.

Markus

Very well done!!

Scarlett and Sheila first of all :bighug: and :console:

I can feel your loss - I know the feeling much too well.

You both deserve my deepest respect for being so very couragous.

Love
Markus

Carmel

Crusader
<snip>...it takes courage to stand up and speak out. <snip>
It certainly does James, and even more so when ya know that you'll 'lose' immediate family members for doing it........As Scarlett, and you and Liz *well* know.

This whole journey is indeed bitter sweet - The "hits" which some have had to take along the way are tough to say the least, but the way it's going those hits won't be in vain.

Arthur Dent

It was a great interview.

You both did a great job and should be very proud.

I have to say though your stories sent me to bed shaking my head, it's just when you think you've found the bottom of the CofS's behavior a new low gets set.

Allan, it must have been infuriating and painful to hear Virginia say that. Sorry mate.

My sentiments exactly. I really felt that was a new low. Not having been in the sea org I know, even after reading so much on this board, there is more I don't yet know but I thought this was perhaps the worst yet. Despicable cult. This was excellent exposure.