What's new

ABC Lateline TONIGHT - Imprisonment on the Freewinds - 2011-11-28

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
Wow, just caught a promo for Lateline (on in an hour) about a new Scientology story.

The brief: Australian resident Valeska Paris Guider was held against her will on the Freewinds for 6 YEARS when she was 17!

I haven't heard any whiff of this report before, anyone in the know?

Can't wait for the full report, will keep you posted!

Update: Video posted below!

Edit: Text version: http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2011/s3378641.htm

Lateline:
[video=youtube;XWJlEWWLvLM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XWJlEWWLvLM[/video]
A Current Affair
[video=youtube;Ez-SBtRrYmU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ez-SBtRrYmU[/video]

Last edited:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Okay . . . ready now

gouda_popcorn_004.jpg

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Excellent program! I'm sure Zhent is working as I type. :biggrin:

I so agree with Valeska that Miscavige should be brought to trial.

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well done Valeska! And Ramana Dienes-Browning too, who also had a brief segment within the report. Whack whack whack!:punch:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Great! Thanks very much Zhent. Kudos to Valeska and Ramana. (Hey Ramana — come and post on ESMB!)

When Valeska had said that Miscavige is a psychopath and the announcer was reading out the CofS's response in a flat voice, "The Church of Scientology denies . . . " I hoped for a minute that he would say, "The Church of Scientology denies that David Miscavige is a psychopath." But they said something else. Shame. :)

Paul

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Great! Thanks very much Zhent. Kudos to Valeska and Ramana. (Hey Ramana — come and post on ESMB!)

^^^^^
This! :yes:

When Valeska had said that Miscavige is a psychopath and the announcer was reading out the CofS's response in a flat voice, "The Church of Scientology denies . . . " I hoped for a minute that he would say, "The Church of Scientology denies that David Miscavige is a psychopath." But they said something else. Shame. :

The CoS didn't deny that DM is a psychopath, so it must be true. :biggrin:

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
There's nothing better than waking up and watching entheta! Kudos and big hugs and thanks to the brave women in the story that stood up to and spoke out against the evil cult.

You're going down, Davey!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I am still stunned each and every single time I see a straightforward and honest victim of the church tell their story and the cult makes its blanket denials.

We didn't do that.
It never happened.
We have no proof of that.
They are wrong.
They are a criminal.
They are after our money.
They are insane.
They are the one that did it.
Everything they say is (absurd, ridiculous, untrue, a lie...)

I regard this as Scientology's greatest evil. The lying.

In earlier years, only Hubbard or his elite few execs had the power and gall to lie.

Now it is commonplace for any PR person to just stand up and DENY anything that is said, regardless of how ludicrous their denial is.

They might as well say "Scientology does not have a ship called the Freewinds and if it is proven at some later point that Scientology does have such a ship, then the party making these accusations would never have been allowed on the ship because they are a criminal, which is against our church's ethical policies."

There are times when it is appropriate in life to hate something.

I hate Scientology and the things that Scientologists do in the name of their religion.

It is a despicable and debased criminal organization.

Scientologists who are still clinging onto that thin hope that all this blazing pr mess is going to go away are quite deluded.

This firestorm of former CoS members will absolutely consume Scientology and anyone stupid enough to remain inside that rapidly spreading inferno.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS

I am still stunned each and every single time I see a straightforward and honest victim of the church tell their story and the cult makes its blanket denials.

We didn't do that.
It never happened.
We have no proof of that.
They are wrong.
They are a criminal.
They are after our money.
They are insane.
They are the one that did it.
Everything they say is (absurd, ridiculous, untrue, a lie...)

I regard this as Scientology's greatest evil. The lying.

In earlier years, only Hubbard or his elite few execs had the power and gall to lie.

Now it is commonplace for any PR person to just stand up and DENY anything that is said, regardless of how ludicrous their denial is.

They might as well say "Scientology does not have a ship called the Freewinds and if it is proven at some later point that Scientology does have such a ship, then the party making these accusations would never have been allowed on the ship because they are a criminal, which is against our church's ethical policies."

There are times when it is appropriate in life to hate something.

I hate Scientology and the things that Scientologists do in the name of their religion.

It is a despicable and debased criminal organization.

Scientologists who are still clinging onto that thin hope that all this blazing pr mess is going to go away are quite deluded.

This firestorm of former CoS members will absolutely consume Scientology and anyone stupid enough to remain inside that rapidly spreading inferno.

I couldn't agree more. I'm changing my sig line to Scientology: Lying Liars That Lie

FlagEmDown

Patron
So, how many gaggles of "just a handful of apostates" does it take to arouse the justice system?? I'm starting to wonder if the justice system has less brains than the slimentologists. :grouch::grouch::duh:

jojo

Patron
Wonderful way to wake up on a Monday morning! I have my Google News app alert me of the video and then to see that you guys are totally on top of it. Just when I thought they were never going to have to be held accountable, a new ray of hope appears on the horizon.

Speak out people!! How many can stories can be denied before someone says "Hey wait a minute...." :happydance: