ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

ABLE ANZO now running Narconon Melbourne directly

Discussion in 'Narconon, Drug Free World, and Other Anti-drug Fro' started by scooter, Nov 13, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

I've been trying to confirm this story for a week now so I thought I'd post it anyway and see if anyone else has data. :confused2:

I was told late last week that the ED ABLE ANZO (who I was told several weeks ago was at NN Melb.) is still there and basically running the place, totally by-passing the actual NN Board. :omg:

She's apparently also looking "for the SP among the staff" as the stats aren't responding like they should. :duh:

Can't be me Bente - I got sacked from there end of May and no-one's been talking to me, just a few "graduates.":D

2. HappyGirl

HappyGirl Gold Meritorious Patron

I have no idea if Narconon Melbourne was involved, but this email I received is about a Narconon graduate who is an Aussie:

GRADUATE SUCCESS

Michael

Hello Happy Girl,

This is a very special graduate success story. Michael is an artist, a musician and an inspiration to us all. He also has a great sense of humour (!) and he titled his story:

“Turn Around…….. Thank you.”

(picture)
    Michael Today

“ I had been in Australia for 2 months drinking whisky and vodka, easily a bottle a day, plus lots of beer, smoking dope, playing gigs, getting barred from half the places I played and having to ask people how it was ‘cos I couldn’t remember. “ Did I do anything, er, you know,….too much?” I started playing with a new drummer. One day he showed me a text he had sent his wife, “met this really cool guy, I played with him then he turned into a psycho!!?!” Some remaining spark of sanity in me realised I had got about as far in my life as I was going to get. I was shaking, I couldn’t write clearly anymore and my body had started getting weird cramps. I could feel the dark clouds closing in and knew I had to do something serious about it.

I phoned my wonderful, long-suffering girlfriend, Lucia and told her I was looking to into detox/rehab. Not long after, Lucia phoned me back, “There’s one in England, it looks really good, I spoke to Ali and she says you can start in 48 hrs. I’ve booked your flight!” The Ali from Narconon phoned me and I confirmed I was coming. I was pretty convinced my choices were, clean myself up or go a little deeper into hell before I kill someone, or someone (including myself) kills me……

Hell was somewhere I was familiar with. I’d had a 5 year heroin addiction, five years amphetamine use and a mish mash of E’s, Coke, Ayahuasca (Indian hallucinogenic), Peyote, Opium, Crack, Benzodiazepines, Mushrooms, LSD, Ketamine; pretty much a case of you name it, I’ve had it. I’ve always been a musician too and I finally got to the point where I was sick of sabotaging my art and sick of being sick.

I tried lots of therapies; yoga, counselling, acupuncture, AA meetings; I always ended up getting mashed, nothing had worked, I was 39years old and needed badly to turn my life around.

I drank so much free whisky on the flight to London that I don’t have any memory of changing planes in Kuala Lumpur. But I made it. From Albany, Australia to Albany Road, Hastings…. EEEEK…… I hated those first few weeks of the program, as withdrawals, Communication Exercises followed by sauna, slowly took the long held toxins out of my system. I was angry, sad, violent, spaced-out or laughing my head off…. Like four seasons in one day, but replace the word seasons with psychos….

Then one day near the end of the sauna program I wrote on my daily report, “I feel unreasonably happy, it feels odd, I can’t work out why I feel happy, but I do, this has been going on for a few days now.”

Something had changed……………..

I worked through the rest of the course and work, here, is the operative word. I really got my head down and ploughed into the course books, through the Communication and Perception Course ( Wow! They can be quite something!), a million clay models (loved it!), spent a few days repairing my past ethics with my partner, Lucia, in Italy and after the final book, ‘The Way to Happiness’, PLOP! I was on the other side. My life had turned around.

(2 pictures of Michael playing guitar and singing to students)
    Michael Gathers the Narconon Students at his Graduation for a Mini Concert

I don’t want to take drugs, I don’t want to drink alcohol, it’s just not an issue anymore. I can go to a party and have cake and lemonade, it’s cool. I laugh my head off a lot, I have loads of great new friends, I started playing ass kickin’ music with fellow Narconon students, life is funny.

Thank you Lucia for finding Narconon for me.

Thank you Narconon for helping me find me.

And I thank myself for being one of the good guys and having the balls to get on with life.”

- Michael -

(picture of Michael proudly displaying his Narconon cert)
    Michael, Narconon Graduate

Best Regards,

Alison Withey

info@drugrehab.co.uk

Narconon London, Hastings Residential Training Centre
    Tel. 01424 420 036