ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Adelaide Protest 28th November, 1pm.

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand Pickets and Protests' started by Vox, Nov 20, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Vox

Vox New Member

Hello all,

AnonSA is planning a protest @ 1pm Saturday on the 28th Novemer. We will be holding banners, distributing flyers and may spend some time outside the org. For those who feel comfortable attending; we are nice reasonable anons.

We're planning flyers to support Xenophon. Also we will continue educating the public about the human rights violations within the organisation.

I will update this thread afterwards with the results :)

For those who are interested in attending/planning visit us at: www.anonsa.org/forum

2. Lucretia

Lucretia Patron with Honors

I'll try and be there. 1pm at the Queen Victoria statue, Saturday 28th - right?

It would be good if other Adelaide exes could get along too. We need to support what Nick Xeonophon is doing.

3. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

Great to hear! :D

Will you be getting any petitions signed? - It might be a good opportunity.

Good on ya and all the best with it! :thumbsup:

4. byte301

byte301 Crusader

Have a good raid. Can't wait to see the video! AlbuquerqueAnon will be with you in spirit.:yes:

5. Lucretia

How do we get the petitions? Can we download them??

6. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

You could make them up, but I suggest you contact Sydney Anon, through their website, or through Kookaburra or Supafreak, who I think could send you the petition forms they have made up in exel, and then you could just print them off.

Let me know if ya have any probs with that...'cause we want all the petitions we can get.

Cheers, C

7. outtech

outtech Patron with Honors

There's one on the wwp wiki: http://wiki.whyweprotest.net/OZ_Senate_Petition

You could leave out the bit about tax-exemption as the scope of the proposed inquiry seems to be broader.

ie. "Honourable President and Members of the Senate of the Commonwealth of Australia,

Senator Xenophon said on 17th November that "what we are seeing is a worldwide pattern of abuse and criminality" by the Church of Scientology.

We, the undersigned, petition the Senate to

(a) support the call by Senator Xenophon for a Senate inquiry into the Church of Scientology, and

(b) support the referral of evidence tabled by Senator Xenuphon, suggesting conduct by the Church of Scientology and its members that is unlawful according to the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia and/or its States, to the police for investigation.

---

I affirm my support of the above from _____(PLACE)___ in ___(COUNTRY)____ on this day the _(DATE)nd_ of November, 2009

FULL NAME | ADDRESS | SIGNATURE"

8. Lucretia

Thanks outtech. I've printed up some petitions so I am armed and dangerous!!! Look out $cilons, here we come....

9. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Raid well!:thumbsup:

10. Vox

Vox New Member

Post Game Report November 28th 2009

The protest went well. Luckily the rain cleared just before we started. Eight people attended and we had a brand new banner. We gave out 400 flyers to a very supportive public (which included a toddler dancing to our Tetris Techno Remix).

The police showed up and asked us politely not to protest outside the org. Apparently they were contacted with reports of masked people yelling at them and banging on their window. However, it's likely the cos was making false accusations, as they have done in the past. Either way it didn’t hamper our progress educating the public.

Petitions are a good idea to support Xenophon and now we have until next year to get them signed :)

Videos will be uploaded at a later date.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you want more information or want to contribute, visit www.anonsa.org

11. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

LOVE the banner, clever and oh so true! :D

12. Zhent

Zhent Leakus Maximus

Good show Adelaide, nice to see your still going :)

13. Lucretia

I didn't get to the raid!!! I had my trench coat, sunnies and hat, 20 petition sheets on 2 clip boards, and my sign "Investigate $cientology Now" and I waited at the Queen Vic Statue at 1pm, but no-one turned up. When I got home I had a look on AnonSA site and I was waiting in the wrong place. Duh! Sorry guys. If I can, I'll be there next time. You look great with your sign and masks. Good on you.

14. Vox

Vox New Member

Excellent, I was wondering what happened. I'll post details for the next raid when we decide upon a date. Thanks for the encouragement :)