What's new

Agent Orange Victims Get Scientology Treatment (NY Times)

Terril park

Sponsor
I believe long exposure to high temperatures in a sauna is dangerous. It damages people. It can cause death, not always immediately, from tissue damage.

I am not aware of any possible mechanism by which sweat can remove pesticides or heavy metals or any other pollutants from the places where they are stored. This is loony tunes. Active people such as Vietnamese farmers sweat all the time and their bodies still store pollutants.

The dangers of niacin overdose are documented.

Hubbard's purification techniques are on a par with his understanding that you can get rid of radio-activity by washing.

He was a pretty good advertisement for his own discoveries. :eyeroll:

In other words this is just another Hubturd con.

Washing is standard opeerating procedure for getting rid of radiation.

http://www.wsu.edu/manuals_forms/HTML/SPPM/9_Radiation_Safety/9.40_Decontamination_Procedures.htm

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
When I read the heading, I thought it would be a new process:
1. Agent Orange is Good for you.
2. What Overts do you have on Agent Orange?

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader

Not quite there yet Terril, it does NOT 'get rid of radiation' but rather helps remove the irradiated particles of matter.
I know I'm being picky here but I feel it is important to make this distinction, especially on this subject in this forum, since many folks here have been exposed to Hubbard's junk science (he was pretty much clueless on how radiation works as proven in 'All About Radiation' which is laughably ignorant) and, like pretty much everything he wrote, can create a 'state of stupid' that definitely needs more than soap and water to get rid of.
Basically high level radiation passing through a living organism does it's damage by wreaking havoc on the DNA structure. Washing off contaminated carrier particles does not really get rid of it, just moves it from one place to another (body to water supply etc. etc.) thereby limiting potential exposure and cell damage (which is, to this day, irreparable).
:cheers:

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
DO NOT LET YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS UNDERGO THE NARCONON PROCEDURES!

I have a first-hand knowledge of these procedures because I had undergone a milder version of the Narconon treatment called Purification Rundown.

While vast majority of the rehab programs use certain medications to suppress drug cravings, the Narconon procedures are drug-free because the Church of Scientology does not condone the use of any medication, which is in line with the completely unscientific teaching of its Founder, L. Ron Hubbard. Because of the use of scientifically unsound methods of treatment of drug addicts, the Narconon success rate is ZERO. All success stories that you see at the Narconon websites are blatant lies.

To start with, the Narconon treatment is based on the FALSE premise of abundance of “impure substances” in the human body; the substances being the residues of poor quality foods and drugs. This is a scam designed to part people from their money; any toxicologist would tell you that it takes only 48 hours for a drug to leave the body.

L. Ron Hubbard, who did not have a degree in medical science, developed his own idiotic system of beliefs according to which the “impurities” could be removed from the human body via excessive sweating in sauna-like conditions. These conditions are the foundation of the dangerous Narconon procedures.

Hubbard “saunas” are improperly designed because they do not have dehumidifiers, which are essential in creating non-life-threatening conditions. In sharp contrast to the Finnish saunas with their dry-heat conditions, Hubbard “saunas” are the places of high humidity that put extreme strain on one’s heart.
=========================================================
A young man undergoing Purification Rundown in a sauna adjacent to the one where I was subjected to a similar treatment had fainted. Apparently, his heart was not strong enough to withstand excessive heat and humidity. Two men, including myself, were asked to remove him from the sauna. However, the CoS staff did not call 911. Instead, they let the man lie on a bench outside the Church facilities. It took him 20 minutes to regain consciousness. After that he was taken inside the Church building and subjected to Scientology “healing” procedures called auditing in Scientology lingo.

The man was not a Scientologist, the next day when I saw him he told me that he came to CoS looking for a refund. He also told me that recently he was diagnosed with a heart condition. His friend, who was a Scientologist, recommended him Purification Rundown as a means of drastically improving his health.

The heat exhaustion is caused by the dehydration. Diane and I knew that, every 20 minutes we were stepping out of the sauna to get a drink of water from the water fountain. But the others did not know that because they did not receive instructions from the unqualified Purification Rundown staff; they were spending long hours in the sauna without replenishing their bodies with the water. They ignored Diana’s warning about getting dehydrated because “she is not a staff member”.

Laurie was feeling mighty sick that day. She walked out of the sauna and vomited several times, which was a clear sign of heat exhaustion. I told her not to come back to the sauna. But a stupid staff member, who had no medical training, ordered her to return to the sauna. When I asked him what he thinks is wrong with Laurie, he replied, “She took too many vitamins”. Obviously, the thought that Laurie, 14, could have a heat stroke did not occur to him. I call him an idiot and told him if he won’t let Laurie go home, I will smash his head against the wall. That worked. Laurie went home and never came back. The idiot was transferred to another facility after I had complained to his supervisor about the dangerous decision to send Laurie back to the sauna. I could say anything I wanted at that time because I was no longer a Sea Org member.

Diana told me that when I was not in the sauna, its door was kept locked because the staff did not want anyone to interrupt the procedure. They knew that, most likely, I would break the door if they try to keep me inside. They tolerated me because I brought my 5 non-Scientology friends to the Purification Rundown program, and promised to bring even more people. It’s all the matter of money for the Church -- if you can convince your friends to participate in non-Scientology programs, the CoS staff will take a lot of crap from you.

Almost all drug addicts are in poor health, their bodies cannot take much of a heat and high humidity. I am sure that the individuals who died at Narconon Arrowhead were forced to spend too much time in the sauna without being able to leave the hostile environment.

Sandra was rocking to and fro and saying the same phrase over and over, “I was wasted, I was wasted…”. When I tried to talk to her she was unresponsive. I knew that she had to be taken out of the sauna, but was not sure how to do it -- the sauna staff were nowhere to be found, carrying out a pretty girl in my arms could be seen as a sex harassment (I wished she were a homely and chubby girl, so there would be a little chance of being accused of sex harassment). Luckily, there were other girls in the sauna; following my advice they carried her out. It took her 5 minutes to recover. She went home that day and never returned. I still do not know what was wrong with her; I do not think she was suffering from heat exhaustion because the girls told me that she begun acting strange 10 minutes after the “treatment” begun.

Terril park

Sponsor
Not quite there yet Terril, it does NOT 'get rid of radiation' but rather helps remove the irradiated particles of matter.
I know I'm being picky here but I feel it is important to make this distinction, especially on this subject in this forum, since many folks here have been exposed to Hubbard's junk science (he was pretty much clueless on how radiation works as proven in 'All About Radiation' which is laughably ignorant) and, like pretty much everything he wrote, can create a 'state of stupid' that definitely needs more than soap and water to get rid of.
Basically high level radiation passing through a living organism does it's damage by wreaking havoc on the DNA structure. Washing off contaminated carrier particles does not really get rid of it, just moves it from one place to another (body to water supply etc. etc.) thereby limiting potential exposure and cell damage (which is, to this day, irreparable).

Understood. Anyone have the text where LRH talks about washing to get rid of radiation? Washing skin to remove particles is a good idea. If one's
thyroid has radioacrive iodine thats a whole different ball game.

Terril park

Sponsor
[snip]

This is a scam designed to part people from their money; any toxicologist would tell you that it takes only 48 hours for a drug to leave the body.
[snip]

Except for the authors of these websites?

And try a half life of 7 years for Dioxins in the body.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_do_drugs_stay_in_your_system

http://pathwaysrecovery.com/blog/drug-detox-time/

"For chronic drug users (AKA dug addicts), drugs can stay in their system much longer during drug detox due the frequency and length of use and also as a result of damage caused by the drugs to the organs that metabolize the drugs.
Because of the various factors involved, the length of drug detox varies from person to person. The severity of withdrawal symptoms during drug detox also vary from person to person based on many of the same factors."

Then re Dioxin:-

http://www.agentorangecanada.com/dioxin.php

"Q: Can you get rid of dioxin?

A: Yes, but not easily. There's a general process within the body of accumulation and removal of toxic substances. Dioxin is accumulated in fat which is hard to get rid of. If you lose weight, you lose some dioxin with the fat. If you're breastfeeding, you get rid of it through the breast milk. Infants get their greatest dose of dioxin during breastfeeding because it's concentrated in breast milk and because the infant is so small that the dose per pound of body weight is quite high. The benefits of breastfeeding still outweigh the risks of dioxin, though we'd rather not have to make such a choice.

Q: How long does it take to get rid of dioxin?

A: Dioxin's "half-life" in the human body is about seven years. In other words, it takes about seven years for half of the dioxin in your body to be removed and then another seven years for the half of that amount and so on. This means your body will never be free of dioxin contamination."

Then among other awful effects is this:-

"Q: How powerful a carcinogen is dioxin?

A: It is the most potent substance ever tested by the USEPA or by any private or government research center. Dioxin causes cancer in multiple species in multiple organs in both sexes. Cancer in animals has resulted from exposures as low as 200 ppt."

No wonder the Viernamese Government6 wants to do something.

DLRH you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
This ^^^^ may be true but all it shows is that a sauna is not going to move dioxins.

We all sweat all the time. Hubbard had a lot of unbaked ideas about the human body. Look at his own medical history; well, on second thoughts, don't.

Why would anyone accept this money-grabbing charlatan as an expert?

secretiveoldfag

Washing doesn't get rid of radiation. At best it moves radio-active materials from one place to another.

If you have been damaged by radio-active materials landing on your skin you can wash them off but the damage persists.

It is not necessary to have direct contact with radio-active materials to be damaged by them.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Understood. Anyone have the text where LRH talks about washing to get rid of radiation? Washing skin to remove particles is a good idea. If one's
thyroid has radioacrive iodine thats a whole different ball game.

"LSD apparently stays in the system, lodging in the tissues, and mainly the fatty tissues of the body, and is liable to go into action again - giving the person unpredictable "trips" - even years after the person has come off LSD ...

Radiation is apparently enormously water-soluble as well as water removable. According to researchers, one merely has to take a hose to a building surface or a road to wash the radiation off of it. This factor is well known to defense trained personnel."

[L. Ron Hubbard, Clear Body, Clear Mind, 1990 edition, pp. 25, 47]

C.Owen said:
Hubbard evidently had learned nothing about physics or biochemistry in the twenty years since the London radiation lectures. LSD is very water-soluble and is usually flushed out of the body fairly speedily; there is no independent evidence that it lodges in the fat cells. Hubbard is even more confused in his statement on radiation: he appears to have forgotten about the difference between radioactive substances and the sub-atomic radiation which they emit. It is true that radioactive substances can be dispersed with water jets (although one then has the problem of dealing with a lot of radioactive water). It is not true, however, that radiation can be dispersed with water. A glass of water does not contain innumerable dissolved photons and infra-red rays. Electromagnetic rays would not even notice a jet of water.

Source link~ HERE

secretiveoldfag

The score now seems to be HubTurdians 0, The Rest >9000.

But it strikes me that HubTurd's pernicious influence is going to persist in the minds of the vulnerable long after his Cult is dead just as Agent Orange persists in the bodies of the Vietnamese long after the war is over.

Terril park

Sponsor
This ^^^^ may be true but all it shows is that a sauna is not going to move dioxins.

We all sweat all the time. Hubbard had a lot of unbaked ideas about the human body. Look at his own medical history; well, on second thoughts, don't.

Why would anyone accept this money-grabbing charlatan as an expert?

Might be useful to think of Hubbard as an ideas man. Auditing apart he
didn't do a lot of research.

The links on Dioxin I posted comment how it stays, particularly in the body fat, for a very long time. The purif needs updating IMO, but is designed
to recycle body fat.

Another section of that link:-

" Q: What does it mean to have dioxin in our bodies?

A: The USEPA has found that the body burden level of dioxin in animal studies can be relate to adverse health effects observed in both animals and people.

They have also found that the average level of dioxin found in the general US population is very close to these levels. EPA interprets this to mean that there is little or no "margin of exposure" left for most people. We see this as meaning that we are nearly "full" and that any additional exposure of dioxin can result in adverse health effects. Some people already have body burden levels that are above the average and they are likely already suffering adverse health effects."

With a half life of 7 years and more accumulating all the time an aggressive detox regime seems to be called for. The Purif is I believe the most aggressive available. But should also contain chlorella/cilantro additions which are known to be good at removing Dioxins and heavy metals. In fact one must beware of products which in manufacture absorb
too much dioxins and heavy metals. This is on my to do list.

Terril park

Sponsor
Thanks for quotes about radiation.

This line is very bad science.

" Radiation is apparently enormously water-soluble"

secretiveoldfag

Might be useful to think of Hubbard as an ideas man. Auditing apart he
didn't do a lot of research.

The links on Dioxin I posted comment how it stays, particularly in the body fat, for a very long time. The purif needs updating IMO, but is designed
to recycle body fat.

Body fat does not 'recycle'. It stays put. If it did recycle it would carry dissolved substances with it to its next resting place. Fat deposits are well out of the way, in non-active parts of the body, with minimal circulation and little or no metabolic function.

A sauna affects body temperature, sweat, electrolyte balance, blood pressure and heart function, most of them adversely. It can and does cause heatstroke, tissue damage and death.

Sure dioxin is bad stuff but it doesn't move around. That is WHY it is bad stuff.

An aggressive detox regime is very much needed but HubTurd's Purification Rundown is NOT IT.

It is a CON.

SpecialFrog

Might be useful to think of Hubbard as an [STRIKE]ideas [/STRIKE]man. [STRIKE]Auditing apart[/STRIKE] he
didn't do[STRIKE] a lot of[/STRIKE] research.
FIFY
With a half life of 7 years and more accumulating all the time an aggressive detox regime seems to be called for. The Purif is I believe the most aggressive available. But should also contain chlorella/cilantro additions which are known to be good at removing Dioxins and heavy metals.

So your recommendation is to take junk science that is known to be dangerous (but made you feel good) and add something you've vaguely read about and then try it on human beings who already have serious health issues.

Am I getting that right?

Terril park

Sponsor
SECRITIVEOLD FAG

"Body fat does not 'recycle'. It stays put. If it did recycle it would carry dissolved substances with it to its next resting place. Fat deposits are well out of the way, in non-active parts of the body, with minimal circulation and little or no metabolic function.

A sauna affects body temperature, sweat, electrolyte balance, blood pressure and heart function, most of them adversely. It can and does cause heatstroke, tissue damage and death.

Sure dioxin is bad stuff but it doesn't move around. That is WHY it is bad stuff.

An aggressive detox regime is very much needed but HubTurd's Purification Rundown is NOT IT.

It is a CON. "

You said " body fat does not recycle." However links already posted by me show how Dioxins are reduced with weight loss and breast feeding.

The half life of 7 years I cited implies recycling. Or Magic.

Fat deposits do have minimal circulation. Which is probably why the body
puts them there. Minimal does not equal zero.

Sauna, turkish bath etc are age old practices of traditional medicines and
detox regimes are more than 5000 years old in India as one example.

The Finns and Turks are still with us!

Please let us know the agressive detox regime you favour.

You said:-

"Sure dioxin is bad stuff but it doesn't move around. That is WHY it is bad stuff."

Contradictory. If it dosn't move around we need not worry about it. It
wouldn't affect us.

Terril park

Sponsor
SPECIAL FROG

"So your recommendation is to take junk science that is known to be dangerous (but made you feel good) and add something you've vaguely read about and then try it on human beings who already have serious health issues.

Am I getting that right? "

I've done the purif twice. As opposed to vaguely read about it,
and studied the issues. Properly supervised, which it mostly isn't in
CO$ and narconon, I think it would be very useful.

What would you like to do if your body was overloaded with Dioxins and
there was extreme risks of multiple health problems including the greatest
likelyhood of cancer? They are the most potent carcinogens known.

The risks of the purif are minimal and are probably all down to gross
incompetance of its administration and penny pinching re actual medical supervision.

But then the alternative, specially in Vietnam, is do nothing, live with the 7 year half life of dioxins, breath in the air and drink the water containing Dioxins, eat the food that has up the food chain concentrated the Dioxins
and hope you escape unscathed. While your Dioxin levels increase.

One of many websites related :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3798581.stm

Then me and thee and all here have been exposed.............To a lesser degree than Vietnam.

SpecialFrog

I've done the purif twice. As opposed to vaguely read about it,
and studied the issues. Properly supervised, which it mostly isn't in
CO$ and narconon, I think it would be very useful.

The bit you've vaguely read about is adding the chlorella, cilantro, etc. Also, you didn't exactly do the purif for dioxin poisoning.

What would you like to do if your body was overloaded with Dioxins and there was extreme risks of multiple health problems including the greatest likelyhood of cancer? They are the most potent carcinogens known.
So you figure people without better treatment options may as well turn to Scientology? It's not like the purif has any evidence to indicate it is useful for getting rid of other toxins.

The risks of the purif are minimal and are probably all down to gross incompetance of its administration and penny pinching re actual medical supervision.
Aside from the known effects of toxic amounts of niacin, what is your basis for saying the risks are minimal? Lots of people have done it and only some of them have died, so you are prepared to declare it safe and chalk up any issues to misapplication?

But then the alternative, specially in Vietnam, is do nothing, live with the 7 year half life of dioxins, breath in the air and drink the water containing Dioxins, eat the food that has up the food chain concentrated the Dioxins and hope you escape unscathed. While your Dioxin levels increase.
So the only options are:
a) Do the purif and then go back into a contaminated environment
b) Don't do the purif and stay in a contaminated environment
Really? Those are the only possibilities?

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
nytimes.com said:
Last month the United States began a program to clean up the soil at a former American air base in Da Nang, the first major program by the United States to address the legacy of Agent Orange since the end of the Vietnam War. Many Vietnamese believe their health problems, and the birth defects of their children, were caused by exposure to the defoliant. The Vietnamese government has cooperated with the Association for Better Living and Education since 2005, when the association provided financial help “to build steam baths and buy the vitamins and minerals,” according to the Vietnamese state news media.

Dr. Vuong said Tuesday that the association had helped “transfer technology on detox and purification.”

“They are not preaching religion,” he said.

Emphasis added.

Goodman, J.D. (2012, 5 September). Agent Orange Victims Get Scientology Treatment. The New York Times. Retrieved on 8 September 2012 from http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/06/world/asia/agent-orange-victims-in-vietnam-get-scientology-treatment.html?_r=1

This is the main theory/indoctrination material for "New OT IV", aka the OT Drug Rundown. (Ref.: Scientology Grade Chart, right column at Purification Rundown and at OT IV.)

I'm posting the theory section of this 8 page HCOB in the public interest. Hubbard clearly did not care about his truthfulness, but still, given his followers' history and their drive to execute command intention, when he declares that they are doing or discovering things that are "absolutely deadly," it is inadvisable to assume they are not duplicating what he says, or not getting that part literally literally.

The Scientologists and their ABLE International arm should not lie about the "religious" nature of the Purification Rundown. It is as religious and as much a part of Scientology scripture as the victimization of wogs who speak the truth about the Scientology religion and its founder.

Hubbard said:
HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE
Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex
HCO BULLETIN OF 29 JANUARY 1980​

Limited
Distribution
OT III & above
ONLY.
(NOT for issue
to Solo Auditors.)
AO Auditors & C/Ses
(OT III).
NOTs Auditors & C/Ses.
Class XII Auditors
& C/Ses.

C O N F I D E N T I A L
THE OT DRUG RUNDOWN

(THE TECHNIQUES GIVEN HEREIN ARE ONLY FOR
USE BY AUDITORS AND C/Ses WHO HAVE BEEN
TRAINED ON THIS RD, AND IS TO BE DELIVERED AS A
WHOLE RD, NOT BIT AND PIECE NOR MIXED IN WITH
OTHER RDs, NOR AS “HOURS” OF ANOTHER SERVICE.
IT IS ITS OWN RD AND PACKAGE.)​

( References:
HCOB 15 Nov 78 DATING AND LOCATING
HCOB 25 Oct 69R CLUSTER FORMATION, CUMULATIVE
HCOB 6 Feb 78RA THE PURIFICATION RUNDOWN
HCOB 8 Jan 69 DRUGS AND “INSANITY”, NONCOMPLIANCE AND ALTER-IS
HCOB 17 Oct 69RA DRUGS, ASPIRIN AND TRANQUILIZERS BOOK: ALL ABOUT RADIATION
BOOK: SCIENCE OF SURVIVAL
HCOB 15 Jul 71RB C/S Series 48RC DRUG HANDLING Issue III The OT III Pack)
BTs, CLUSTERS & DRUGS

BTs and clusters are affected by drugs. They mock up the biochemistry and they mock up the drug and drug incidents. Drug taking in this lifetime restimulates earlier incidents of drug taking on the track. When the case is viewed as a composite of BTs and clusters, you will see that drug taking in this lifetime causes a highly multiple restim. A drug incident can be a cluster making incident.

Earlier drug cultures on the track were much worse than this drug culture. In some cultures the psychiatrist, priest and medico were all one and the same person and frequently used drugs.

Some implanters used drugs, either as part of the implant incident or to keep a population enslaved thereafter. When BTs and clusters who have whole track drug incidents are restimulated by a this lifetime drug incident, there is a multiple restim, and if severe enough can form a new cluster composed of the BTs and clusters thrown into restimulation by the drug.

The residual drug remaining in the body tends to keep these BTs and clusters in restimulation, and they by mocking it up, tend to hold onto the drug and keep the drug pictures in restim.

There are two factors regarding drugs: (1) There is the factor of residual drugs in the body, and (2) There are BTs and clusters who are stuck in whole track drug incidents which they are mocking up. These two factors are interactive.

The residual drug deposit in the body causes a drug effect and tends to keep BTs and clusters in restimulation. It is this residual drug deposit that is gotten rid of by sweat out on the Purification Rundown.

BTs and clusters who are stuck in whole track drug incidents continue to mock it up. They actually mock up the drug as well as the incident. This can give the apparency that the drug is in the body. After all a thetan can create MEST, and because they are mocking up the drug, and because they are stuck in it totally, you can get the apparency that there is a residual drug remaining in the body.

Where you have both factors present, (the residual drug deposit in the body and BTs/clusters stuck in drug incidents), it’s absolutely deadly. The drug deposit in the body tends to hold onto BTs and clusters and to keep them in restimulation. And BTs and clusters who are stuck in whole track drugs mock up the drug and the drug incident giving the apparency of drugs in the body. These two factors are interactive both ways, the actual residual drug in the body affects the body and keeps BTs and clusters in restim, who, because they are mocking up drugs that they are stuck in, are creating the apparency of more drugs in the body, and so it goes.

The Purification Rundown will handle a lot of this by getting rid of the residual drugs in the body, and this in itself not only improves the person physically, but also will allow much of the BT and cluster pictures to drop out of restimulation, or at least to drop out of chronic restimulation.

There is another process pretty well forgotten about called freewheeling. This was discovered in earlier research, and is described in Science of Survival, II, p. 260, where it is pointed out that Guk (see All About Radiation) can cause the somatic strip to freewheel. The active ingredients of Guk being Vitamin B1 and Niacin, and these cause BTs and clusters to freewheel through engrams they are stuck in on the track, they don’t get down to a basic or anything, they unstick from the stuck point in a track engram. This permits that engram to drop out of chronic restimulation. So we have another phenomenon going on the Purification Rundown that persons below OT III case level would not be aware of. The B1 and Niacin by moving BTs and clusters out of the engram they are chronically stuck in, permits these BTs and clusters to drop out of restimulation, and thus cease mocking it up.

This too brings about an improvement in the case condition of the person.

You should also know that when the BT or cluster is Free-wheeling through such a drug incident it can turn on the apparency of that drug in the body. This could be puzzling if you didn’t know this datum. Maybe the guy has never taken LSD or Pheno-barbitol in this lifetime and doesn’t have any of that drug actually in his body, but the BT or cluster freewheeling through an incident containing the drug mocks up the apparency of that drug in the body, making the guy feel that he is on that drug. And there have been other drugs on the whole track quite different
from any drugs in existence today. So during the Purification Rundown you can have a BT or cluster freewheel through and out of a stuck drug engram, and while he’s going through it there can be an apparency of that drug in the body even though he’s never taken it in this lifetime, but when the BT or cluster freewheels on out of that stuck point, it ceases to mock up the apparency of that drug in the body. Hence get a two way result on the Purification Rundown by getting rid of both the residual drug in the body and the apparency of the drug in the body mocked up by a BT or cluster.

How many of these BTs and clusters actually blow during the Purification Rundown is unknown, but there definitely will be less of them present when he’s through the Rundown, and the case will be a lot better off, though not completely and entirely handled on the subject of drugs.

(Caution: The attention of auditors and C/Ses is called to the OT III data, that a person can also freewheel straight through Inc II - this is different from freewheeling out of a drug incident as described above in this issue - but should someone start freewheeling through Inc II, and we know of no instances of this having occurred, the possibility is that it can occur. The description of a freewheel through Inc II is given in the OT III materials and the handling is given in HCOB 2 Oct 68 OT III and 3RD NOTE, RUNNING INCIDENT II of 28 Oct 68 both of which are in the OT III pack.)

Normally we would run Objectives and a NED Drug Rundown after the Purification Rundown, and these actions, particularly running out drug incidents, would handle much of these BT/cluster drug pictures - without the case ever being aware of it at that level. But there are also cases who are Dianetic Clears who are in a body stuffed up with drugs (in fact there is probably a high incidence of Clears who are now doing the Purification Rundown), and these cases cannot be run on R3R or R3RA as they are Clears. This poses a problem of how to handle these Clears after their Purification Rundown.

Clears can be run on Objectives (though you must not re-run an Objective process that has already been run to EP); Clears can be run on recall or straightwire processes and thus can be run on Recall processes on Drugs and the L3RF and End of Endless Drug Rundown can be done on Clears (provided you handle reading lines by indication and do not attempt any R3R or R3RA).

These actions will handle a lot of the mental aspect of drugs and drug taking and will enable you to then get the case up the Grade Chart to OT III.

On OT III the Solo auditor will handle and blow many of these BTs and clusters without necessarily ever being aware of, nor having to address drug pictures. But some BTs and clusters can be so held down by drugs, or hung up in drug cluster-making incidents that the Solo auditor is unlikely to be able to audit or handle these, and will need auditing by an OT III Drug RD Auditor.

[...]

Hubbard, L. (1980, 29 January). The OT Drug Rundown.