ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Amanda Palmer Dramatically Answers Questions About Her Connection to Scientology

Discussion in 'Tony Ortega' started by Free to shine, May 31, 2012.

1. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Great article and terrific comments here:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runni...bters_about_her_connection_to_scientology.php

2. BardoThodol

BardoThodol Silver Meritorious Patron

And thank you Amanda Palmer for your erotic self-portrait.

3. StickbyMe

StickbyMe Patron with Honors

Am I the only one who can't stand her? Her voice sounds like razors in my ears. And I'm not impressed by her tits either.

4. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

I was unable to detect any talent or entertainment value. Have switched to listening to the sound of a rusty hinge whilst eating very dry and flavourless crackers.

5. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

Your preference brings Sarah Brightman to mind.

Mark A. Baker

6. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  7. StickbyMe

StickbyMe Patron with Honors

Although she would fit right in in the church. The number of horrible singers that were louded as being incredible artists... It was would be worth being declared to never have to hear Jeannie Deva sing at another event.

8. oneonewasaracecar

oneonewasaracecar Gold Meritorious Patron

So lets look at the facts
    1) There is internet chatter about her possible Scientology connections.
    2) She no longer has a recording contract.
    3) She is 'requesting' money from fans to fund kickstarting her career.
    4) She has to convince the fans funding her that none of the money goes to Scientology.
    5) She is posting naked pictures of herself on the internet.

This is an Anonymous success story. It has tits and Scientology career suicide.

9. Claire Swazey

Claire Swazey Spokeshole, fence sitter

Ooh, yah!!

I was watching PBS one night a few years ago and Brightman was giving a concert. So at first I was like, wow, how gorgeous, then after several minutes, I dunno...it just got super monotonous.