What's new

An honest critique of Scientology

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
What science is considering to be "dark energy" is very likely just this space.

guest_week_jeffrey_rowland_overcompensating.png

Vinaire

Sponsor
Consistency in observation tells me that awareness has to be a property of space. There is no awareness beyond space.

"God", "soul", "thetan", Newton's "spirits" etc. are not beyond space. All of them are made up of space.

And space itself is a manifestation.

Beyond manifestation is "no manifestation."

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Consistency in observation tells me that awareness has to be a property of space. There is no awareness beyond space.

"God", "soul", "thetan", Newton's "spirits" etc. are not beyond space. All of them are made up of space.

Why is awareness a manifestation?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Can you ever be aware of "something" that is not manifested?

Well you can't even call it "something" if it is not manifested.

I can be aware of nothing.

I'm still not getting why awareness is a manifestation.

Can you see awareness? No.

Can you smell awareness? No.

I'm not saying it is, but why is awareness a manifestation?

Vinaire

Sponsor
I can be aware of nothing.

I'm still not getting why awareness is a manifestation.

Can you see awareness? No.

Can you smell awareness? No.

I'm not saying it is, but why is awareness a manifestation?

You can only be aware of your own consideration.

If you can be aware of nothing then you are looking at your consideration of "nothing."

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am sorry too that you don't get it.

It is an assessment of what you see.

Okay. Everything is something in this place. It is motion, directed attention, matter, energy. But things exist as things here.
Why are you chirping? We're just talking.

paradox

ab intra silentio vera

I think you may have it backwards, i.e. space is a property of awareness. Or, dropping considerations of cause-and-effect, that space and awareness (among other complements) arise together, spontaneously. In Buddhist terms, I think it is, "this arises, that becomes" ... subtly different from cause-and-effect thinking, implying more of a complementary manifesting.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
"You can only be aware of your own consideration. "

Untrue in many contexts (and apologies if off the mark here too), it is by making one's self aware of the considerations of others, especially a variety of them, that you gain further knowledge and viewpoints for your own musings, or for that matter to find things that may solidify your own point of view via agreement/disagreement.

As for 'An honest critique of scientology' then here ya go~ Its a bunch of horse-twaddle designed to ruin all your critical thinking skills and mold you into a believer of a 'tech' that is totally fail. If you attempt to validate any of Lron's rubbish trying to use its own terminologies and parameters, then you have invalidated any sort of ability to assess it honestly, at best, and at worst merely end up playing in the same poop, its not the model you are trying to make out of it but the materials you are using.
At the heart of the matter is you, and striving to seek your balance of beliefs with rambling re-worded disertations, though often interesting, still does not change the source or the fact that you are still a seeker trying to find answers from that which, in my honest opinion, is worthy of the deepest shunning of mankind.

Last edited: