ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

anonycat?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Commander Birdsong, Aug 28, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. no i'm not looking for droids and yes SAVE THE LURKERS!!! get on me fast and fierce and witty and well.

i'm here. i'm not in CoS. i wish i could recommend the training but i can't. still what i write might prompt readers to begin a study and i don't want to be responsible for some schmuck getting his tits caught in a wringer. if someone reads what i write and wants to go be an auditor i want your writing and others to make that person informed and forewarned. i'm glad i don't have to be greatly critical and i can speak well of the subject precisely because you and others write my own criticisms for me

2. thank you...

i'm not a great biblical scholar and i often have scripture i have read misarrayed. and posters are awfully good at correcting various errors i make. thank you

i still think there is truth and propriety to my misduplication of this verse of scripture however

3. there's a bottomless question...

who knows?

where would i be if i had not committed adultery while i was married?

where would i be if i had wasted only half the time and money i've wasted on pot?

who knows?

point of fact i didn't have very much auditing. i did get HUMONGOUS!!!!!!! benefit from training and being an auditor

but...

giving clear specific response to the question...

i think the ARCSW grade had much effect. i think it can muscle up the "file clerk" and give it washboard abs. i believe my fine mind to be substantially more agile after my active period compared to before

4. what proof?

no one is ever going to prove or disprove anything in a forum like this. dianetic auditing IS known to aleviate EII etc etc

this is long and well demonstrated and attested and acknowledged

but...

this can NEVER be proven. maybe the effects attributed to auditing are actually caused by little invisible faeries hovering around auditing rooms or exterrestrials on the moon with a healing ray machine...

proof is a word too much bandied and poorly so on this board...

5. i didn't notice this before anonycat...

so...

i post a quick lively bit of chat with one of the posters on the thread and you, LOSER! LOSER! LOSER! twist and distort it into, "oh commander birdsong never had anything to say anyway and he's said it, we win goodbye"

you can leave the field if you choose.

commander birdsong and the honor will remain

and commander birdsong can and will be hitting the reply with quote button all over the already posted material at length and welcome more...

6. this is good. this post presents a..... Finding!

there's something of.... Scientifc Method!

Science...

involves the examination of Findings

i've got plenty to say off of this post and would like to see other posters say what they will about the...

Finding...

that former scientologists "suffer" longer than other former culties

and i have put up a quick response to the Finding and don't want to make further comment at this time but i do want to attach a footnote to my first comment

7. see plato's analogy of the cave

8. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

OK. Here's a quick primer; I'm older than dirt but appear younger than dust. I loaf productively every day and do whatever takes my fancy. I'm NEVER grouchy though I sometimes allow myself a mild dramatisation of tetchiness, for entertainment purposes only. I wake every morning and the first thought I have is always along the lines of, "Oh wow! Another day!!!" I appreciate every moment of my life, good or bad, for what it is. I work occasionally but only do so because I enjoy that work more than anything else I could be doing with my time. Most importantly, I know that I am blessed with the friends and companions I keep and all of the above would be null and void if it weren't for them. My purpose in life is "To enrich the lives of others".

We (you and I) have a lot in common, believe it or not. :)

9. i always thought we did. i'm glad you think so too

10. of course some cavemen with charred toes said the same of fire

11. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

Note to self....Incorporate above post as definition in ESMB's new tech dictionary for 'Insouciance'. :biggrin:

(Yes the new tech dictionary is coming....I promise....no really....it'll be a part of ESMB's Basics Package).

12. yes

very many former students of the subject say the same

once again...

i was "active" for three years. i walked away almost forty years ago. and i still say not only did i get much from it, i have learned more about the subject since i left than i learned while i was in

like "motivator hungry"

sure, i was starrated on the concept in the academy

but it was attempting to converse with the mother of my sons in the period after she pressed for a divorce when i said to myself "oh. THAT'S what 'motivator hungry' means"

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  13. Gib

Gib Crusader

alright.

A bit of a doublethink there what I highlight in red, no?

What do you mean by "greatly critical"?

What's your definition of critical that you are thinking with in your writings?

14. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

[​IMG]
    Grasping at straws, $cientology believers/defenders/apologists only defense.

Argument from ignorance (appeal to ignorance, argumentum ad ignorantiam)"assuming that a claim is true (or false) because it has not been proven false (true) or cannot be proven false (true)."
    Argument from repetition (argumentum ad nauseam)"signifies that it has been discussed extensively until nobody cares to discuss it anymore."
    (shifting the) Burden of proof (see – onus probandi)"I need not prove my claim, you must prove it is false."
    Circular reasoning'when the reasoner begins with what he or she is trying to end up with; sometimes called assuming the conclusion."
    False attribution"an advocate appeals to an irrelevant, unqualified, unidentified, biased or fabricated source in support of an argument."
    Kettle logic"using multiple inconsistent arguments to defend a position."
    Appeal to authority"where an assertion is deemed true because of the position or authority of the person asserting it."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

/thread.

15. Claire Swazey

Claire Swazey Spokeshole, fence sitter

Panda's always struck me as a particularly mellow good hearted kind of bear.

16. Claire Swazey

Claire Swazey Spokeshole, fence sitter

The way I see it

We're all just people doing our best to figure out what we believe, what we reject and what we should do.

It's good to discuss those things. Particularly if it's done in a mellow good humored sort of way.

None of us on this thread- not one single one of us- are in favor of CofS in any way, shape or form.

17. it is pleasing to see the-poster-who-may-not-be-named taking an active interest in this thread

18. "pulled his punches"?

"scientology is a tour for which you must pay of hubbard's psyche"

is NOT a punch...

in pith it is blind and ignorant flailing that intentionally panders to the chaotic sentiments of the confused, the fearful and the aggravated masquerading as "The Voice of Authority" from a PULITZER! PRIZE!!! recipient and in piss it is "entheta"

lawrence wright is a professional writer. his publisher manufactures and markets books. larry wants a paycheck and the more copies sold the larger his paycheck. the publisher MUST turn a profit and the more copies sold the greater the profit.to be a popular book it is necessary to somewhat egregiously exploit controversy. but. you can't make a popular book out of pure diatribe. in fact the writer of a popular book needs to keep in mind "the intelligent reader" who understands these inevitable realities, can and will keep his or her own counsel while reading - can be entertained by stylish wellwritten gawbidge - and who wants to be informed of notable current events and wants some material that can be used to deduce some things not directly stated. i'm sure wright never says "dianetic auditing is known in many cases to relieve EII emotionally induced illness and psychosomatic illness and as well to reduce reactive behaviour while enhancing responsive conduct" but since the book sold well i'm sure much it's content carries that message to an intelligent reader and displays that the author is a decent, responsible citizen displaying his personal integrity while doing what needs to be done to make a paycheck

as i understand it, CoS has managed to block UK publication. i don't know jack about american libel law and as i understand it english libel law is quite different so i know nothing of the legalities involved but proper jurisprudence in both nations is well known to transcend the letter of the law. at bottom line i think CoS is saying the book is a garbage scow and the british people will be well served by not having it inflicted on them. and the wiggy set can see it is a garbage scow and MOST IMPORTANTLY! it contains no new dark revelations to give it some imperative. i know that because if it had any new revelations they would have been all over this board quickly. and it's UK publication probably isn't blocked but merely delayed because the guardians of english civilization not only want the citizenry to be notified the book is a garbage scow they also want to boost it's sales when it is released...

19. naaaah...

you should get a better grasp on the orwellian concept of "doublethink"; it's a very important concept and the word continues to be tossed about poorly and casually

there's abuses in CoS. my own writing on this board frequently and purposefully buttresses critical statements and also laughs with so much parody, lampoon and satire and i enjoy coming up with impish jests to prompt guffaws at CoS expense myself

i'm not going to dev-t myself trying to define "critic" and "criticism". there's plenty of fine dictionaries. the OED by god! IS the OED!!! and for a good desk lexicon i am fond of the cant of the American Heritage dictionary

and this is an excellent place to note i personally make a sharp distinction between criticism and critique and discipline my more serious posts in line with critique

20. the way CoS has the tech arrayed you can't do a scientific study per se

and i just noticed you came in the year i left

june's my month out, what's yours in?