What's new

ANYBODY CARE TO PREDICT THE MOSEY LITIGATION OUTCOME?

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
One of the things that interests me is how Tommy Davis will respond to being deposed. Once the cults stalling tactics have been dealt with & Tommy gets in front of Ray Jeffrey, where will his loyalties lie?

Does he lie & say that DM never ordered him into Texas to deal with John Brousseau as he has done in a previous deposition, or does he come clean because of Warren McShane's version of events as told to the Riverside County deputies.

Either way he's toast. Lie (again) and commit another act of perjury, or come clean & hang David Miscavige.

Now that he & Jessica are out, have they decompressed? Is the real Tommy Davis (who everyone says is a really nice guy) ready to come out and tell the truth? Or does the snivelling coward who looks straight into a camera and denies disconnection exists show up on the day?

Can't wait to find out. :biggrin:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I see it as kind of like the Peak of Winter has passed, and we are well into the Spring heading for Short but very Hot Summer. And I am not talking just the seasons on Earth but a galactic change of seasons.

Does the hole any longer exist? Are abortions any longer being coerced? Are IAS events being stalled out? Is the Super Power plan turning to a super fiasco? Are essentially all the cults organizations corraled by the TRO in force. Could public opinion of scientology get any worse? Perhaps the 10 icicles of KSW are melting in unison till they are no more.

Just think of KSW and it's 10 points in reference to this. The longer and brighter the sunlight of all the stars exposing(shining) the cold hearted lies of Scientology and it's 10 points ..they melt..shrink like the snow in the forest as spring slowly but surely melts or disolves the 10 points until the roaring heat of the summer completely vanquishes the cold and bitter.

Fair Game has come home to hammer out of existence the Incorrect tek itself.

Lone Star

Crusader
FWIW I looked into the eyes of both Mosey and Marty at the hearing. I didn't see dollar signs. I saw the resolve to fight and defeat an evil entity. They're angry. It's a dedicated and focused anger.

Last edited:

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
We know what Miscavige is about. We're going to see what Rathbun is about. I don't have a prediction on the outcome.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Do we know he is living off of Mosey's income? Is that his only income?

I expect we'd have heard if he was doing a normal job and as he isn't a scientologist anymore (lol) I assume any auditing he was doing has dried up and his books were never going to make his fortune ... but of course I'm only guessing (and shouldn't be) and I truly wish them luck however it ends up.

:yes:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
With all due respect, HH, "the settlement" and "both sides" imply Mrs. Rathbun faces only one opponent across a single settlement table - and I don't think that's true, given the number of individuals/entities named in her lawsuit, do you? :coolwink:

What stops Mrs. Rathbun from negotiating a settlement with RTC, CSi/Co$, Miscavige, 'Private Investigator', etc. individually?

Any negotiated settlement agreement between random Party X and Mrs. Rathbun would likely include a clause binding her to silence about the settlement amount ($$) - surely.

But, and this is important, whatever else Party X wants Mrs. Rathbun to be silent about raises the price tag to...whatever the market will bear.

If, for example, Party X wants Mrs. Rathbun to agree never to give an interview about, say, how it felt to be spied on for years, then Party X will have to pay for the privilege of Mrs. Rathbun's future silence about her feelings. Thus, for each type of silence Party X wants from Mrs. Rathbun, a price tag attaches. Easy-peasy...and very expensive.

Less easy, with no visible peasy in sight however, is how Party X will fashion an enforceable clause within a settlement agreement with Mrs. Rathbun that effects silence from her husband.

I don't think such a clause can be included within the body of a settlement agreement with Mrs. Rathbun -- but it doesn't preclude Party X from fashioning an altogether separate contract with Mr. Rathbun - his silence for financial payment. At any time prior to Mrs. Rathbun's lawsuit, of course, Party X could have offered such a contract to Mr. Rathbun - and nothing appears to preclude such an offer now or in future.

RTC, CSI/Co$, Miscavige, etc. are each alleged to have caused harm to Mrs. Rathbun. As the discovery process continues, there's a reasonable chance additional allegations and/or additional named parties will be added. Who does it most benefit to settle right now? Who does it most benefit to wait?

Lots of questions about settlement options/strategies to mull over in this case, but if spending upwards of $300k to have a dozen attorneys argue a piddling motion about the 'disqualification' of your opponent's attorneys is indicative of 'legal strategy tekk', then the 'settlement offer tekk' as applied to Mrs. Rathbun should be equally as fiscally irresponsible.

JB

If there is a settlement, I think it is very safe to assume that it will be a "global" settlement.

All or nothing. That's how those things play out.

There would be no purpose for any Scn entity to settle if the matter was not fully concluded with waiver of (future) claims and indemnification agreements all the way around the table.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
One of the things that interests me is how Tommy Davis will respond to being deposed. Once the cults stalling tactics have been dealt with & Tommy gets in front of Ray Jeffrey, where will his loyalties lie?

Does he lie & say that DM never ordered him into Texas to deal with John Brousseau as he has done in a previous deposition, or does he come clean because of Warren McShane's version of events as told to the Riverside County deputies.

Either way he's toast. Lie (again) and commit another act of perjury, or come clean & hang David Miscavige.

Now that he & Jessica are out, have they decompressed? Is the real Tommy Davis (who everyone says is a really nice guy) ready to come out and tell the truth? Or does the snivelling coward who looks straight into a camera and denies disconnection exists show up on the day?

Can't wait to find out. :biggrin:

If you're correct and Mr. Davis does have to appear for a deposition, it's reasonable to think he will prudently review all available material about a number of events to refresh his own memory.

Such preparation cannot help Mr. Davis during the deposition, however, if at that time, Mr. Jeffrey provides statements/declarations/affidavits recently made by other individuals whose recollection of events differ from his own.

Slice of irony pie: "Captain David Miscavige" wholly withdrew his reliance upon Mr. Davis' ability to communicate DM's command intent effectively...only to wholly rely upon Mr. Davis' ability to communicate DM's command intent effectively now.

JB

If Mosey settles, how much do you think she could/would get?
If she doesn't settle but is awarded damages, how much do you think she might get?

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
What's the title of Marty's latest book?

Latest book? You mean books!

His decalogy will be released as a handsome
box set for Christmas gift giving and available
at an indiependent bookstore near you! :coolwink:
:coolwink: :coolwink:

attachment.php

Seriously, I bought and read Marty's latest, Memoirs of a Scientology Warrior, and thought it was pretty good.

Filled in a lot of history I still had questions about. I have to give props where due.

But, at this point, I would estimate the case is already worth $6M - $10M for the cult to make it go away.

I think with three lawyers involved, it has to be a large settlement so everyone can get paid.

As much as I want to think not . . . I think everyone has a price (as long as does not involve harming another), especially when older and you can't to a redo on your entire life. Make up for lost years, lost opportunities, lost income.

No disrespect meant to anyone, but when the right number is slide across the table things can change in a hurry. I've seen it.

This VVVVVVV

I want to believe this (above) but for some reason, if offered enough, I think they will take the money and the gag and go and enjoy the rest of their lives in relative peace ... possibly knowing that the next person (Hello Mike) is ready, willing and able to finish the job off . . .
>> I think that Marty has already done his "data dump" and it's on the Internet forever now. I'm sure everything he's published is saved or mirrored somewhere. I think maybe he's already done his maximum damage.

>> He can pass the torch to Mike R, who's actually doing more nowadays to document and expose, IMO. I think Marty's more in the "research phase" now.

>> He's fought for 4 1/2 years already and this kind of guerrilla fighting with little support takes its toll on a person. Can't go on forever.

>> The Indie movement he originally envisioned has not taken off but instead faltered, AFAIK.

>> There's more about other authors and practices on his site now. Interest in LRH is waning over there from what I can tell. Transcending and life after Scientology is the next mantra. Ancient wisdom, new age, quantum physics, etc.

>> No way DM can afford to have his dirty laundry, the deepest and darkest secrets, aired in court at this point. Slogan from the 60's is relevant today: "the whole world is watching." He's spent $20-30 million fighting lesser and less important adversaries. An ultra-big payout here is not out of the question. Any price is a cheap price right now.

>> With millions in the back pocket and a newly purchased villa in Europe, one can push aside a lot of previously important ideas and, and I hate to say, personal acquaintances. I've seen this happen in life again and again.

Now all that said, I don't know Marty and I've never spoken to him. I could be dead wrong.

Give the devil his due, he may be a man of 100% principle . . . now. We'll see, won't we?

I know in a decade of Scientology watching on the Internet to be prepared for unthinkable surprises, plot twists, sudden swerves, and well . . . simply not-to-be-believed "incredibles." :omg:

I suspect though for the reasons above, there's a cash settlement before it's over. :eyeroll:

I think Marty and Mosey will have quite a lot of stamina, if, as the thing continues, they appear to be winning ground, as they do so far with the COS's appeal for disqualifications being rejected by the judge, and the Judge looking like he is not going to be BSed around forever by COS.

He-man

Hero extraordinary
I think they will be offered alot of money, take it and exit to their new mansion wherever that will be. Everyone will be dissapointed, and the wheel will keep spinning for a decade or two while the church keeps decomposing slowly but surely.

Sindy

Crusader
I hope you're wrong too. The thing that keeps me believing that it won't happen is Marty. Look at him. That guy doesn't bend over. The only thing that might get him to do it is the toll it's taking on Mosey.

Does he really have any say in it at all though? I mean peripherally, yes, but directly? Is it not essential that the lawsuit is solely Mosey's and very much not Marty's?

I haven't been paying as close attention as I'd like to but that's what I have picked up so far.

HelluvaHoax!

I expect we'd have heard if he was doing a normal job and as he isn't a scientologist anymore (lol) I assume any auditing he was doing has dried up and his books were never going to make his fortune ... but of course I'm only guessing (and shouldn't be) and I truly wish them luck however it ends up.

:yes:

I think Marty made an excellent career choice by letting the fledgling field practice go and doing what he does best. I mean the man has some serious skills in orchestrating strategic campaigns to bring an enemy to their knees. I am not being facetious, his combat skills and generalship were finely honed over decades of wars in different theaters of battle.

Quickly assessing the strengths and weaknesses (sorry, I enjoy military strategy, lol):

Miscavige - Strengths: Viciousness, sociopathic "conscience-free" ability to lie or do anything to anyone without the slightest care or hesitation, an army of willing/corrupt cult zombies and over a billion dollars to pay attorneys or throw truckloads of money at litigants to make them go away. Witness intimidation. Weaknesses: Extreme emotional volatility devolving at times into juvenilely vengeful episodes;impulsive. Extreme insecurity/paranoia; Impeachable lying; Megalomaniacal assuredness resulting in his "fingerprints" existing on a vast number of fraudulent and criminal transactions, inurement & perjury, along with eyewitnesses who can so testify.

Rathbun- Strengths: Superior battlefield generalship with excellent conception of the next several moves on the chess board; outstanding guerrilla fighting skills enabling him to exponentially leverage very limited resources; having the truth on his side. Weaknesses: Lack of financial resources; "Dirty Hands" track record compromising his credibility; potential conflicts of interest (personally) which might limit his willingness to expose Scientology's, Hubbard's or his own malfeasance.​

Essentially, Marty/Mosey have solved the single biggest weakness of their position (lack of finances) by retaining a world class litigator who is a proven cult killer, on a contingency basis. There is no apparent reason that the Rathbuns won't score a huge financial settlement based on the simple truth of their complaint, but their willingness or unwillingness to agree to post-settlement restrictions might delay an otherwise readily available payout. They should still bank major dollars at the end of the day, but it might require sustaining their efforts through a completed trial.

If the Rathbun case was an IPO, I'd buy stock! LOL

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Does he really have any say in it at all though? I mean peripherally, yes, but directly? Is it not essential that the lawsuit is solely Mosey's and very much not Marty's?

I haven't been paying as close attention as I'd like to but that's what I have picked up so far.

Legally, he doesn't have any control of Mosey's determinations in the case.

But, if Marty can get Mosey to agree to fasten her seatbelt for just the deposition/testimony portions of the case/trial, the rest should take care of itself with Marty running interference and liaising with the brilliant Ray Jeffreys at the helm.

Last edited:

The_Fixer

Class Clown
If Marty's resolved to revenge, he may not be after the payout but will go all guns for a full smackdown on DM.

If Monique is pissed, chances are Marty will want to kick some ass for that.

Based on that I'm gunning for Marty fighting all the way or gets a monumental payout to settle.

I wouldn't blame him for a settlement if big bucks are on the table.

But just a minute! Isn't this Monique's case?

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
If there is a settlement, I think it is very safe to assume that it will be a "global" settlement.

All or nothing. That's how those things play out.

There would be no purpose for any Scn entity to settle if the matter was not fully concluded with waiver of (future) claims and indemnification agreements all the way around the table.

I'll agree with you that that's how these settlements have worked out in the past, HH, but respectfully disagree as to this case primarily because: (a) the litigation involves a 'never-in', not an adept/former member of Co$; and, (b) at this stage, Mrs. Rathbun has no obvious reason to settle at all.
Have these named entities ever been in such a legal position before -- with the public-at-large watching?

I'm not saying that a final, multi-page agreement made with Mrs. Rathbun won't include all/most of the named parties - but - I suspect each individual/entity will have negotiated with Mrs. Rathbun's counsel prior to that agreement's final version.

At this stage, RTC publicly claims it isn't even subject to the lawsuit's jurisdiction. To engage in settlement negotiations with Mrs. Rathbun's counsel now then, is to privately agree RTC is legally accountable. Any RTC attorney who discusses settlement with Mrs. Rathbun's counsel at this stage, may well want different type(s) of silence from Mrs. Rathbun than, say, what the CSI attorneys seek from her. And as new developments occur within this pre-trial discovery stage, RTC's settlement aims will shift, along with everyone else's - including those of Mrs. Rathbun.

Simple Google search made an hour or so ago: "Bert Leahy declaration". Developments happen and when they do, settlement postures shift, prices go up, and somewhere, a crazy man grabs a copper rod.

JB

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I think Marty made an excellent career choice by letting the fledgling field practice go and doing what he does best. I mean the man has some serious skills in orchestrating strategic campaigns to bring an enemy to their knees. I am not being facetious, his combat skills and generalship were finely honed over decades of wars in different theaters of battle.

Quickly assessing the strengths and weaknesses (sorry, I enjoy military strategy, lol):

Miscavige - Strengths: Viciousness, sociopathic "conscience-free" ability to lie or do anything to anyone without the slightest care or hesitation, an army of willing/corrupt cult zombies and over a billion dollars to pay attorneys or throw truckloads of money at litigants to make them go away. Witness intimidation. Weaknesses: Extreme emotional volatility devolving at times into juvenilely vengeful episodes;impulsive. Extreme insecurity/paranoia; Impeachable lying; Megalomaniacal assuredness resulting in his "fingerprints" existing on a vast number of fraudulent and criminal transactions, inurement & perjury, along with eyewitnesses who can so testify.

Rathbun- Strengths: Superior battlefield generalship with excellent conception of the next several moves on the chess board; outstanding guerrilla fighting skills enabling him to exponentially leverage very limited resources; having the truth on his side. Weaknesses: Lack of financial resources; "Dirty Hands" track record, compromising his credibility; potential conflicts of interest (personally) which might limit his willingness to expose Scientology's, Hubbard's or his own malfeasance.​

Essentially, Marty/Mosey have solved the single biggest weakness of their position (lack of finances) by retaining a world class litigator who is a proven cult killer, on a contingency basis. There is no apparent reason that the Rathbuns won't score a huge financial settlement based on the simple truth of their complaint, but their willingness or unwillingness to agree to post-settlement restrictions might delay an otherwise readily available payout. They should still bank major dollars at the end of the day, but it might require sustaining their efforts through a completed trial.

If the Rathbun case was an IPO, I'd buy stock! LOL

Yep, some would say he trained long and hard for the retirement package ... that he is about to collect.

Note to The_Fixer ... I know it's Mosey's case but come on ... they're married!

:)

Techless

Patron Meritorious
Very appropriate illustration here HH!

I thank you for it - and wanted to ask:
I hadn't seen this particular photo-shopped gizmo after perusing the available SupaPowa stuff on the web - Now: You think they just holding out and trying to surprise us all and unveil at the opening or,...whatta ya think??
I suppose it could have the real effects of people fainting, passing out and such...and just the whole awesomeness of it all!

"My Dreams can now come true!!!" - I hear people saying in their best-est OT telepathic communication kinda way...and sphincters tightening in "antici....pation..."

torture-cradle-1.jpg