ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

AOLA Lorita Hill

Discussion in 'Reconnecting with Old Friends' started by Kookaburra, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

Does anyone know whatever happened to Lorita Hill? She was an auditor at AOLA, Class 6 or 8 I believe. Sometimes she would be sent on missions. I first met her in 1977 in Vancouver. I ran into her again in Copenhagan in 1988.

2. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

Lorita and Cathy Ho were both AOLA staff. They were both posted in Qual. Lorita was the Qual Sec. I think Kathy was the Intern Sup (I don't actually remember now.)

They blew together in the early 90s.

I don't think they stayed together after their blow. Lorita went back to Canada, which is, I believe, where she was from.

I know David Sonenfild went up to Canada to try and recover her. She wasn't the least bit interested.

That's the last I knew about her.

3. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks, Lulu Belle

That must be not long after I left. Must have been a shock to AO. At least she got out alright. I am glad to hear that. I liked her.

4. loiepoo

loiepoo Patron

Lorita Hill

I was a close friend of Lorita Hill from 1967 - 1982. I met her at Saint Hill, England in 1967. I worked with her at the Seattle Org from 1970 - 76. We came to LA together and were both auditors at the AO. We were both there in 1977 and she wasn't a SO member until 1982. So, don't think you could have met her in Vancouver in 1977. She wasn't there. She was in LA.
    I would love to get in touch with her again. She is Canadian. When we were declared and routed off staff at the Seattle Org, we stayed with her mom and dad in Albion, BC. I suspect her dad at least has passed away. She might be living with her mom in their old house. Her mom would be in her late 80's by now. I don't have her former address or phone number though. I think her mom's name was Erna Hill.

5. boldhawk

boldhawk Patron

I knew Lorita Hill from about 1968, till AOLA; not close friends, but warm acquaintance. We stopped and talked in the halls from time to time.

If anybody can find them, loiepoo, you're the likeliest.

6. HappyGirl

HappyGirl Gold Meritorious Patron

7. loiepoo

loiepoo Patron

Yes, you are right. She did join the SO in 1980-81. I can't remember exactly. She went to flag for her L's and training to be a Class VIX. I left Scn in 1982 and lost contact with her after that. The only thing we had in common was Scientology and I didn't want any part of it any more and she was fully immersed in the SO by then.

8. texasindy

texasindy New Member

I met Loreta when I was Mission Holder in Houston. She and Norm Hamilton, both from AOLA came in for a few days in about 1988. We had some field that needed some repairs from previous out-tech. Loreta was a real class lady and on helluva auditor. When I heard she had been declared I knew something had really gone awry. She trained at Old Saint Hill and I can't imagine her condoning gross out KSW.

9. IMMORTAL

IMMORTAL Patron Meritorious

WELCOME, Texasindy!!!! When you can (if you want), please introduce yourself in the introduction section with a little story. :yes:

10. joeblow

joeblow New Member

I was on staff at AOLA when Lorita and Cathy blew. We were more friendly acquaintances; I was new, spunky, and gung-ho. They were coming to the end of their run there and were burnt out I think; especially Lorita. She was so cool though. Cathy had a little bit more lively energy. It was an interesting dynamic; me being so new and full of expectations while they new better. The cool thing about them was they respected my interest in things even though they were losing interest. I don't know what else to say but they were both very cool people and respectful.