What's new

Are there references in Scientology that condone keeping or writing in a journal?

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron
On the LOC course, there is a department that included keeping a journal.

Flow 0, communication from self to self also seems to apply.

Are there any other references on this?

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious
Depending on what the journal covers.
If it gets too personal, it could be considered 'self-auditing' which would not be allowed.

renegade

Depending on what the journal covers.
If it gets too personal, it could be considered 'self-auditing' which would not be allowed.
I thought the self-auditing definition was more like taking a list and asking yourself the questions and answering. Like the Self Analysis book.

So, the org would frown on this practice even though it is on the org board on the LOC?

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious
I thought the self-auditing definition was more like taking a list and asking yourself the questions and answering. Like the Self Analysis book.

So, the org would frown on this practice even though it is on the org board on the LOC?
Solo auditing in the sense of doing a prescribed set of procedures (like Self Analysis) would be allowed if the Case Supervisor says so.

Self auditing without a pattern or following a strict procedure (like writing deep thoughts about yourself and why you did this or that or have certain 'issues') would be frowned upon.

One of the definitions of Self Auditing says, "Solo auditing occurs in session with a meter. Self-auditing is out-of-session wondering and chewing on bank." ("Bank" is generally the person's case.)

Gib

Crusader
Solo auditing in the sense of doing a prescribed set of procedures (like Self Analysis) would be allowed if the Case Supervisor says so.

Self auditing without a pattern or following a strict procedure (like writing deep thoughts about yourself and why you did this or that or have certain 'issues') would be frowned upon.

One of the definitions of Self Auditing says, "Solo auditing occurs in session with a meter. Self-auditing is out-of-session wondering and chewing on bank." ("Bank" is generally the person's case.)
the self analysis book is solo auditing in that you have this little wheel provided in the book to audit yourself. You know, recall times, recall perceptions, recall this or that. However in the book Self Analysis Hubbard claims you are not actually solo auditing but using the commands or questions asked to recall, thus Hubbard is the auditor, thus not solo auditing, this is Hubbards rhetoric.

It's too funny really how he duped us. The SA lists are used on ARC Straightwire which are free using the SA book, but yet you pay money for doing them on ARC Straightwire. LOL And then given a certificate for completing ARC Straightwire which means as the EP as "knows he/she won't get any worse".

It's all rhetoric and sublime IMO.

I liken the SA lists in the book with the little wheel as recalling good old times. One can do this with friends such as high school reunions, just friends anywhere or anyhow, or having a party inviting one's friends without the little wheel. LOL

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Also, a C/S can order that the stuff in the Self Analysis book be done by an auditor (with an e-meter) on Life Repair which is before ARC Straightwire.

Anyway, as cakemaker said...

Last edited:
Reactions: Gib

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
I liken the SA lists in the book with the little wheel as recalling good old times. One can do this with friends such as high school reunions, just friends anywhere or anyhow, or having a party inviting one's friends without the little wheel. LOL
That's right. I was reminiscing with my friend the other day. He recalled a time when he was happy. And I asked him, "what smell did you get in the perceptic?" Then he reminded me of the time when we were having a great time at a party together. Great recall. And, at his prompting, I recalled the compass direction in which I was facing. A nice, natural-flowing reminiscence about the good ol' days.

renegade

An OT 8 that went to the ship for an ethics interview was sent home with a couple of FPRD lists and told to go over the list to jog their memory and write up their O/Ws. Would that be considered self-auditing?

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
I was doing transcendental meditation when I found Scn. I started doing the SA lists, since they were free, and soon found I felt a lot more calm after doing them than I did from meditation twice a day.

renegade

Self-auditing is out-of-session wondering and chewing on bank." ("Bank" is generally the person's case.)
I've done both of the above doing conditions formulas and it seems you would have to. Same with O/W write ups.

It seems anything that might make you feel good is frowned upon. The taboo list was meditation, yoga, acupuncture, massage, astrology, counseling, aromatherapy, etc.

Gib

Crusader
An OT 8 that went to the ship for an ethics interview was sent home with a couple of FPRD lists and told to go over the list to jog their memory and write up their O/Ws. Would that be considered self-auditing?
that's a goofy comment. They would never do that, an OT8 would never be sent home to do FPRD lists. FPRD lists are by an auditor and a person, no solo auditing.

Solo auditing at the OT levels involves holding the emeter cans in one hand, the cans are separated by a plastic insulator. The other hand is used to control the emeter.

There have been so many treads and discussions about the emeter, but yet I'm not too sure how many discussions have been had on solo auditing using the cans. Now, supposedly the using the emeter between two hands induces a electrical charge in the body, that goes across the body. Arnie Lerma was big on this.

But, solo auditing on the OT levels using the cans is only between one hand, LOL. There is no electrical charge going across the body. LOL

As I said in my post above:

"However in the book Self Analysis Hubbard claims you are not actually solo auditing but using the commands or questions asked to recall, thus Hubbard is the auditor, thus not solo auditing, this is Hubbards rhetoric"

So I would say in other words, Hubbard is the hypnotic operator using rhetoric, or the art of persuasion.

Gib

Crusader
I've done both of the above doing conditions formulas and it seems you would have to. Same with O/W write ups.

It seems anything that might make you feel good is frowned upon. The taboo list was meditation, yoga, acupuncture, massage, astrology, counseling, aromatherapy, etc.
when you do O/W's you are being controlled, by the rhetoric or hypnotic operator, that is LRH. LOL

You are not self determined but to think you are becoming self determined.

Of course, if you do anything else other than scientology that makes you happy or feel better, why that's why Hubbard poo poo'd the other practices, he wanted a monopoly, a Bridge to Total Freedom, a cash cow to total freedom. LOL

renegade

that's a goofy comment. They would never do that, an OT8 would never be sent home to do FPRD lists. FPRD lists are by an auditor and a person, no solo auditing.
The OT 8 was told to use the lists as a tool to help jog recall of past O/Ws to write up that may have been forgotten. It was not used to run a solo FPRD.

Perhaps this would be considered Squirreling today. Prepared Lists were also used to recruit people prefaced with "On joining staff..." around that same time period.

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
The OT 8 was told to use the lists as a tool to help jog recall of past O/Ws to write up that may have been forgotten. It was not used to run a solo FPRD.

Perhaps this would be considered Squirreling today. Prepared Lists were also used to recruit people prefaced with "On joining staff..." around that same time period.
dude, I'm married to a OT8. You speak complete and utter conjecture.

OT8 is done on the ship with an auditor, and not solo auditing as done on OT7.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

I am surprised that any listing would be done outside of auditing sessions.
Now, I am curious about the calendar year when this occurred.

Last edited:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was a Class V C/S and FPRD auditor. The idea of giving someone some FPRD lists to prompt their memory of O/Ws seems to me to be nuts. If I'd heard of someone doing this I would have written a KR on them.

renegade

dude, I'm married to a OT8. You speak complete and utter conjecture.

OT8 is done on the ship with an auditor, and not solo auditing as done on OT7.
Perhaps I did not make this clear.

The person did OT 8 on the ship with an auditor. At a later date, after doing OT 8, and returning to the ship to do a course, an ethics cycle was done on this person.

The FPRD Lists were NOT used as a solo auditing action. It was used as a tool to assist their memory in writing up O/Ws. This person was NOT told to run the FPRD on themselves.

renegade

I was a Class V C/S and FPRD auditor. The idea of giving someone some FPRD lists to prompt their memory of O/Ws seems to me to be nuts. If I'd heard of someone doing this I would have written a KR on them.
Totally agree!

I wondered if this was a valid scientological application, but you just tell yourself, "Well...they're OT 8 and trained and the program was given by someone on the Freewinds, the top tech delivery level on the bridge, and..."

JustSheila

Crusader
Perhaps I did not make this clear.

The person did OT 8 on the ship with an auditor. At a later date, after doing OT 8, and returning to the ship to do a course, an ethics cycle was done on this person.

The FPRD Lists were NOT used as a solo auditing action. It was used as a tool to assist their memory in writing up O/Ws. This person was NOT told to run the FPRD on themselves.
You are relaying a story that you said you heard about from someone else.

I also see a lot of problems with this story. MAAs and Ethics Officers are not auditors or C/Ses. All ethics and auditing actions at COS are videotaped these days. An MAA giving out the confidential FPRD lists to someone as part of an ethics action is pretty weird. Why would the Freewinds have someone just give these to someone when they had an opportunity to charge a mint for the action? Besides, what MAAs do is covered in policy.

To give them to someone would give the person a chance to flatten any reads on their own and nullify the questions. An MAA trying to get someone off the hook might do this if he was risking his neck for someone else's sake to keep them out of trouble, maybe. I can't think of any other reason someone would do that, and I worked as an SO MAA.