ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

"Arslycus"???? Laughing my arse off!

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by DeeAnna, Dec 13, 2014.

View Users: View Users
  1. DeeAnna

DeeAnna Patron Meritorious

And here all this time I've thought that old Ron had no sense of humor!

I've just encountered the name of this "important city" in the LRH Space Opera while reading a review of "A Piece of Blue Sky" on amazon. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

2. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

Poor old Ron Hubbard often got things wrong when he tried to seem scholarly, like when he named his ├╝bermensch "homo novis" (if you actually study Latin for more than a few months, you'd know enough to make it "novus".

Never very big on background research, was old Ron. Arse Lickers would probably be OK for pulp Sci-fi, but in the writings of a pseudoreligion?

There isn't a word bad enough to begin to describe what an idiot LRH was.

3. DeeAnna

DeeAnna Patron Meritorious

How did he ever miss, I wonder, "Coccsuccus"?

4. oneonewasaracecar

oneonewasaracecar Gold Meritorious Patron

I never noticed that before you pointed it out because in the audio lectures, it is pronounced arse-like-us.

You've reminded me of a theory about mormons and the archangel moroni:

If you take a letter out of mormon and moroni, you get an idea what Joseph Smith probably thought of his followers. Like Hubbard, he concealed his contempt in plain sight.
    Well, we had to wait for his successor and the invention of texting before that was in use.

5. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

Oh goodie! Another J&D thread!

Somebody complete this limerick:

There once was a man from Arslycus......

6. oneonewasaracecar

Whose cat didn't very much like us.

7. oneonewasaracecar

It scratched and it bit, was a right little shit
    But at least the old man didn't strike us.

8. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Nor I. A bit embarrassing to think I missed that (now obvious) point for 40 years!

I had got the Moroni connection but missed on the Mormon one. Are there any more in there, like Creatin or Idirot or something?

Paul

9. oneonewasaracecar

I bet there are. Hubbard did them all the time, and he and Joseph Smith were the same animal.

10. oneonewasaracecar

There are another 14-15 million people who also missed it and use the term far more often than you.

11. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

Wrong ! Please update your archives !

There are currently well over 20 million active lickers !

12. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

14-15 million? Would that be those still working there?

http://www.newciv.org/nl/newslog.php/_v308/__show_article/_a000308-000185.htm

1. General Information

Arslycus implanted people to make slaves. They used false track implants, between lives implants, and body in pawn mechanisms.

They stripped the entire population from both this and the next inward spiral arm of the galaxy. That's probably around 500,000 inhabited planets. Eventually they bumped into the borders of the Galactic Empire which is in towards the central core of the Galaxy and were finally destroyed.

<snippity doo dah>​

Someone filled in some of the "facts" Hubbard had omitted.

:biggrin:

Paul

13. Elronius of Marcabia

Elronius of Marcabia Silver Meritorious Patron

I would imagine the man was absolutely giddy with how much money he was pocketing from all his duped followers.
    The more ridiculous it got the more they ate it up, must of felt like taking candy from a baby for old fatso.

But greed with no bounds he even took entire working lifetimes with his SeaBorg scam Sardonic black and twisted sense of humor IMO.

Mr Piggy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu0Q8CZ6now

14. arcxcauseblows

arcxcauseblows Patron Meritorious

yes welcome to esmb where we have the technology, it's no longer confidential

here's the timeline, at least going back 70 trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion years ago

http://scientology.wikia.com/wiki/Space_opera

15. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

Poor old Ron. What a goof! "The next inward spiral arm of the galaxy"... when in fact there are only two spiral arms to our galaxy (it's a barred spiral), so it would be better to simply claim "the other spiral arm". Ron's whole-track recall appears to have been on the fritz. Again.

16. oneonewasaracecar

Don't you mean weee haaa o'er wen he illion acti ickers?

17. oneonewasaracecar

Guys Guys...

I meant 14 million Mormons.