Astrology

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Clay Pigeon, Jul 24, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Gold Meritorious Patron

Over in Korea a copy of Linda Goodman's "Sun Signs" came into my possession and piqued strong interest in the subject. My stepfather mailed me a couple Rosicrucian ephemerides and a Table of Houses so I could cast natal charts and I began a fairly serious study. This almost got me in ethics trouble early in my tenure with the subject which both unites and divides this board but many of Hubbard's students, not surprisingly are also conversant with the esoteric dimensions of the Firmament. Of course Astrology is renounced, for the most part, and particularly condemned in terms of "mixing practices".

Anyone here like to chat of this parascientific inquiry?

I'm a Libra with a Scorpio Moon and Gemini rising...

• Love Love x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  2. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

The book you mention is brilliant! I'm not into astrology at all (a friend of mine is very into it but she no longer posts here sadly) but I was stunned at how accurate that book is based on my own family and friends. She writes a full and very detailed chapter on each sign including compatibility.

I no longer have her books but I remember them well, she is the only astrologer I have ever read anything from who really surprised me with her accuracy.

I didn't bother telling anyone in the cofs about them (lol) or about doing yoga.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  3. screamer2

screamer2 Idiot Bastardson

[​IMG]

"Maximum number of angels for a given mass. The allowed region is bounded from above by the line c2R/2G=Nm (gravitational collapse) and the curve N=kD(M+Nm) (information density) which has an asymptote for mcrit, and from below by N=0. The maximal number of angels occurs at the intersection of the gravitational bound and the asymptote at mcrit"

More here:

Quantum Gravity Treatment of the Angel Density Problem

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  4. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Calling astrology a 'parascience' gives parascience a bad name IMO. How anyone can believe any of that nonsense is beyond me I have to say. Still, it serves its purpose I suppose; after 'do you come here often?' there's 'what star sign are you?' :biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  5. Clay Pigeon

Spoken like a true Scientologist Stratsie...

6. Gib

Gib Crusader

oh god, give me break. I remember as a young'in reading the daily horoscopes in the paper. Are you a Libra, a Capricorn, a cancer?

We would have conversations of such nonsense, but I guess it was fun. I thought I could pick up a chick, LOL.

Sort of like getting that little piece of paper in a fortune cookie.

Also reminds me of reading the Advance Magazines from Flag and AOLA of OT Phenomena, such nonsense.

https://www.relativelyinteresting.com/astrology-and-horoscopes-debunked/

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  7. Clay Pigeon

Astrology is a far more intricate study than what Sidney Omarr ponies up Gibby

Even if you deny a mystic relation between the Earth, The Firmament and wandering lights the best poets of the stars are worth reading.

• Love Love x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  8. Me and My Self

Me and My Self Self-born, Autogamous Unicorn

I am Pisces with Mars in Sagitarius rising ...

I used to study Astrology in depth ... however in my current quest I would hypothesize that those are no more than a self-fulfilling prophesy ...

Nevertheless, I still can't explain to myself why then specific character and behaviour traits do match most accurately among people I personally know.

Guess I'll have to study them under assignment of another sign and see if they still fit or not.

Oh. And I was born on the same month/day as Dr. Hubs ... thankfully recovered MY OWN birthday after leaving Scn ...

:buzzin::yay::party:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  9. Clay Pigeon

I got Venus in Sagitairy and I was born the same day and month as Dizzy Gillespie...

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  10. Me and My Self

Me and My Self Self-born, Autogamous Unicorn

THAT'S a KING!

11. Gib

Gib Crusader

give me a break, you are bullshitting once again.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • For you For you x 1
    • List
  12. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

Donna Cunningham was and is my favourite writer about astrology because she actually tells you what to do about the hard aspects in your chart. I'd describe myself as a friendly sceptic where astrology is concerned; I think there's more than likely something in it, but I also know that cognitive bias theory says that, for example, if you believe in astrology and know that someone's a Taurus you're going to notice aspects of their character which conform to what you think a Taurus should be like, so I could be wrong.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  13. Xenu Xenu Xenu

Xenu Xenu Xenu Patron with Honors

I think Ron Hubbard was born under the sign of Feces.

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  14. Clay Pigeon

An astrologer I knew who cast his chart said he had the stars of a man who is all about money

15. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

We didn't need an astrologer to tell us that.

:D

16. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

It's easily done with computer software now; interpreting it is a different matter. Here's Ron Hubbard's chart (birth data apparently very accurate);

https://astro-charts.com/persons/chart/l-ron-hubbard/

What a birth chart won't tell you, though, is the level of spiritual evolution of the person, which IMO is a consequence of the choices they've made in that life and the efforts they've made to grow. Ron made choices in his life, as we all do; he wasn't just the passive recipient of astrological influences.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  17. Clay Pigeon

Coooooooooooooool...

That conjunction between mars and uranus is intriguing wot?

18. screamer2

screamer2 Idiot Bastardson

Me thinks ye be confused and might rather be conjunctin' Arslycus with Uranus.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  19. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

My Dad's Dad (farmer) believed that crops should be planted during a certain phase of the Moon.
    My Dad never believed him but that was an item he was taught.

20. Wilbur

Wilbur Patron Meritorious

Cognitive bias theory is a biased theory. It came about as a result of observation, and what you choose to observe is heavily dependent upon your own biases. So according to cognitive bias theory, cognitive bias theory is biased: ignore it.