ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

"At some point you will probably come to realise that Scientology is just a sham".

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by michaelangelo, Oct 9, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. michaelangelo

michaelangelo Gold Meritorious Patron

A while back someone told me that on the end of the PDC tapes LRH said:
    "at some point you will probably come to realise that Scientology is just a sham".
    Has anyone heard that themselves?. Or anything similar?.

2. KnightVision

KnightVision Gold Meritorious Patron

If LconH didn't say if directly... he sure 'nuf said it in numerous other ways through out his texts. Ultimately he knew he was a bastard and would become the scorn of mankind; that's really what all the legal protections as well as the creation of OSA was all about.

3. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Crusader

I did all of the PDCs and don't remember it said. Of course sometimes he says stuff like "You actually already know this..." But I couldn't tell you which of the 76 lectures ...or maybe an ACC.

4. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

It's HOW it was said...

I recall this, or similar, being said in some early lectures - but the inflection and context was curiously "tongue-in-cheek" and kind of taunting in a way - it gave me the impression that some would "get it" and some would not - and thus think it was a sham...:confused2: Naturally, I was confident that I was one of the chosen who WOULD get it and thus "escape" via "The Bridge" :yes:

Hubbard was always throwing this sort of stuff out that "we" could put many and varied interpretations on depending upon our particular state of mind (case :duh: ) at the moment.

I bit. Hard. :duh:

EP

5. Good twin

Good twin Floater

Me too EP. I have similar recollections.

6. EP - Ethics Particle

Something I heard...

"Great minds run in the same channels." :smoochy::coolwink: Mike

7. GreyWolf

GreyWolf Gold Meritorious Patron

I didn't hear it. Wish that I had. I, as well as countless others, learned it the hard way.

8. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Exactly, I remember that, too. EP.

9. HappyGirl

HappyGirl Gold Meritorious Patron

Me, three, EP, GT (hey, that rhymes). :)
    That being said, I would really love to get that quote now, because the Doc Crs was my favorite (of course it would be - it was the only one with "spirit of play"). I sure don't remember hearing anything like that. Who on ESMB is good with quotes?

10. EP - Ethics Particle

HG!

Hey HG! :biglove::smoochy: EP

11. HappyGirl

HappyGirl Gold Meritorious Patron

Hey back, you. :love8: :love2: :kiss: (Hey, can we do this here?) :D

12. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

All is illusion.

13. Moonchild

Moonchild Patron with Honors

I suppose Hubbard meant that Scientology is a construct, or more exactly perhaps, a series of constructs that the individual agrees to with the ambition of bettering himself...a means to engage with what's going on 'inside' so-to-speak.
    This seems to resonate with the idea expressed in the 'clear cognition': that you're mocking-up your reactive mind.
    Having made such agreements however you automatically place yourself in jeopardy of manipulation; but no...how can I wax so cynical? :coolwink:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009