ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Attorney Ray Jeffries WINS! Scientology LOSES!

Discussion in 'Monique Rathbun' started by Idle Morgue, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Idle Morgue

Idle Morgue Gold Meritorious Patron

Hip Hip Hooray~!! The Church of Scientology LOST their motion to disqualify Attorney Ray Jeffries - looks like the tactics that used to work for the Cult have lost their effect - they are oh so going down fast!!

Posted on Tony Ortega's Blog - The Underground Bunker

Ray Jeffries - 1

Scientology - 0

:party::party::party::party::party:

2. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

I'm sure the cult's attorneys have been busy all day drafting their appeal to the Texas Court of Appeals, even if Waldrip has robbed of them of any chance of succeeding. :dancer:

3. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent Silver Meritorious Patron

Great news! :yes:

4. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

Awesome news!

Take that you two-bit obsolete toxic cult! :yes:

5. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

:dancer:

http://tonyortega.org/2013/10/01/ra...tion-denied-in-harassment-lawsuit/#more-10576

6. Udarnik

Udarnik Gold Meritorious Patron

The busier they are doing that, the less time they spend trying to think what Jeffrey's next move is going to be.

Rope a dope! Rope a dope! :boxing:

7. PTS

PTS Elliott

Once again my inner child says
    NEENER NEENER NEENER!
    [​IMG]

8. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

QFT :biggrin:

9. SpecialFrog

SpecialFrog Silver Meritorious Patron

How long before they seek the removal of the judge? My guess is after they fail to get Miscavige and RTC out of the suit.

10. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

That's a really smaht loya.:yes: Keep em busy blazing trails to the abyss.:biggrin:

They seem to forget that he has access to thirty years of their litigation tactics and there overall operating basis which never changes. It's called lying their asses off.:redface:
    It's because they can't change their ways that he will snare them in the trap.:giveup: He KNOWS them, and he knows them well.:read:

11. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

Exactly, it's like reading a fighter who constantly telegraphs their moves before hand with flinchs and overused ploys, after awhile you know exactly what's going to happen.

12. sallydannce

My take also. The cults legal tactics are completely predictable.

Dear Judge,

You is reading them well. You is a good reader.

xx

13. JBWriter

JBWriter Happy Sapien

I've no doubt there is a junior attorney working on the motion to remove this judge at present -- and agree with you that it will be submitted with appeal filings if Judge Waldrip rules that he retains personal and subject-matter jurisdiction over RTC/Miscavige.

Side note: Friend just called to say she's been reading-reading-reading to catch-up about Co$/etc.
    She kept pronouncing the name as, "miska-viggy", which I corrected, even as I giggled.

It occurs to me that Ray Jeffrey would do well to use an old lawyer trick if he indeed gets the opportunity to depose DM.

Addressing him using exaggeratedly deferential tones as "Captain Miskaviggy" throughout a videotaped deposition would consistently and effectively rattle DM's cage. No one likes to hear their own name mispronounced and all but the truly warped find it abusively offensive.

Side of LULZ with your popcorn, deposition viewers?

JB

14. sallydannce

Bring. It. On! Mock Capptaaain MisssKavigggy....deficient dickhead! (the latter being my latest bitch-slap for those I have zero respect for).

15. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

What chance do they have to remove Waldrip? I think the days of finding skeletons in the closet of judges is risky for them. No one is perfectly clean but I would guess Waldrip presiding this case wasn't random.

And if they did, I'm sure the state of Texas has a replacement lined up that will make them wish they courted Waldrip with greater respect.

The CO$ is not an unknown factor anymore and they're STUPID. The legal system wasn't born yesterday.

16. jenni with an eye

jenni with an eye Silver Meritorious Patron

17. JBWriter

JBWriter Happy Sapien

I'm asking the very same question (bolded above) as you are, Freethinker, and agree that the publicly-known history of Co$/scientology's use of 'dirty tricks' will be considered by Texas officials should they be called upon to decide issue(s) as they relate to this case.

That won't, imo, stop Co$/scientology's attorneys/agents from making allegations about the judge and/or his conduct -- but they also have to support such allegations with some evidence. That's where I think they will fail; evidence-gathering isn't their historical strong point.
    Maligning, yes; proving to a minimum standard, no.
    Look at their ridiculously vapid 'smear-sites' -- hurtful/harmful, yes; but they provide no real evidence for a viewer to consider.

I'll add here that although most pre-trial issues are kind of boring, this case is still very early in the discovery stage. It will perk up considerably, if, for example, Mr. Jeffrey deposes an individual -- from OSA or RTC or CSI, etc. -- in the next few weeks, and he 'discovers' evidence of additional 'bad acts'. In such a scenario, the plaintiff can then add a charge or two - or another defendant or two - directly to the Complaint.

JB

18. Pooks

Pooks MERCHANT OF CHAOS

I want to have Ray Jeffery's babies.

19. SpecialFrog

SpecialFrog Silver Meritorious Patron

Would it have to be anything fancy? I figured they would just claim bias or religious persecution.

20. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

Oh, they are definitely going to try that, but I think the system has seen them pull that so many times that they are going to steer clear of that area.

I personally think that that is what happened in the Debbie Cook trial and that judge saw it coming and clamped a lid on it.

I think this judge is smart enough to stay out of religious issues and the fact that the cult went after someone who is not of their relgion keeps that out of it. Last I knew, cannibalism wasn't declared a religion. :no: