ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Australians in Scientology

Discussion in 'Reconnecting with Old Friends' started by haiqu, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

That explains it. They won't take my page down! :omg:

2. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Yes, that'd do it. Now we just need someone with time on their hands. :biggrin:

3. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

the little problem with it is that different ESMBers would know different ones on the list who were deceased, out etc, so the list might have to get reposted a couple of times. But it would be fun to see repostings with more and more cross-outs.

4. Free to shine

I have the time to do it, just not the info. I wouldn't want to out anyone who didn't want to be either. I can edit it with the few I know are well out though?

5. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Deleted.
    See latest list further on the thread.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  6. Panda Termint

Yes, that's kinda the problem. Probably more than half that list are out/deceased but, apart from the names on the Big List Of Exes Who Have Spoken Out, I'd be guessing as to how happy they'd be about being named as "out" (the dead ones probably won't hold it against us).

Note: If we're going to do it, it's probably best to have one main list which keeps getting updated, my scrolling finger abhors walls of repeat-text. Maybe we can drop the names on this thread and you can do the [strike]strikeout[/strike] on the main list?

7. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

It would be fun if you crossed someone out who was still in and they had to come here to tell you they are still in. Then we could kidnap them and deprogram them!

EDIT For Zombies. This is a humourous post and is meant entirely to motivate a few people to open their mouths and laugh. It is not to be taken literally. I do not and have never condoned any illegal acts including, but not restricted to kidnapping, nor have I ever suggested that anyone actually carry out such an act. Deprogramming is not a favorite of mine neither.

8. Free to shine

9. Miss Pert

Miss Pert Silver Meritorious Patron

I don't know how to cross stuff out so the next person to change stuff can take me off, Cheryl Turner, and Daphne Jefford is deceased. Thanks!

10. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

I only knew 3 or 4. I am assuming someone in OZ knows quite a few. If I see a more up to date version go up. I'll delete mine to reduce clutter.

11. Petey C

Petey C Silver Meritorious Patron

I suppose there's no list of anyone who's ever been in Scn in Oz. I see very few of my vintage, which I hope means they've mostly buggered off. But I also don't see some names of people I knew to have been in and are still. Well, exaggeration, one couple and their son. This list also doesn't include people in the SO, with a few exceptions (eg Vicky Alpe in the NZ list though she married Larry Lester at one stage).

It would be GREAT to have a really big list. FTS, if you're doing it, I'll send you some names.

12. Panda Termint

Yes, there are literally hundreds of names of "came and went" former scios not included.

I've commented before that it'd be a hell of a lot less work to just list those remaining than trying to list out who has left! :biggrin:

And, yes, Petey most of the guys from those days HAVE buggered off (one way or another).

13. Free to shine

Changed it on my post.
    You just highlight the text to be crossed out and click the T with a strike though it.

14. Happy Days

Happy Days Silver Meritorious Patron

I've put a strike through for one's I know are out and of course indicated if they are deceased.

This list is about the year 2000 and has public listed from orgs and not just Sydney public so not too sure where the list was generated.

15. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

June Budgeon (wife of Ron) is deceased. Died in about 1970-1.... Ron Budgeon was my partner in business at the time.

The scilons were really trying to boost up their numbers with this list!

R

16. Panda Termint

Nah, June Budgeon (formerly June Turner) is still with us, Roger. You must be thinking of an earlier-similar Mrs Budgeon.

For some recent info on June, see this Feral post http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...now-this-woman&p=573310&viewfull=1#post573310

17. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Ahh, OK. Both his wives were named June :melodramatic:(the man was a sucker for it :eyeroll: bless his heart.)

But I recall you are right. June #2 was actually a staffer, either St Hill or LA . . . and I think ex SO.

Budge was a good man. Quite decent and well meaning. His death would have been rather recent, in the scheme of things, in the last few years, and he would have been quite old, into his 90's if he were still alive today.

I see Jessie Gray on the list . . . if she's still alive :melodramatic: she might be a hundred-plus! She was a real trooper. She was Wally Burgess's ex 2D when he lived in Oz, and she did around 100 hours of CCH1 on me in around 1961.

In 1981 she told Wally to tell me I could have my bloody hand back! :yes: :hysterical: :hysterical: :thankyou: :thankyou:

Rog

18. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

I worked with June at Saint HIll when I first got into the SO, she is from Hawick in Scotland. Glad to kn ow she is still going!

19. Petey C

Petey C Silver Meritorious Patron

When I was reading a post by Rene Descartes the other day I burst out laughing remembering a guy I regged at Sydney Day years ago. He said his name was Soren Kierkegaard. Innocent that I was, I said oh, like the famous philosopher. I think this Soren was a bit taken aback but he said yes, he had the same name. At the time I thought this was a wonderful coincidence. Now I know he was using a pseudonym that most of the org (including me) was too stupid to see through.

Anyone know what happened to "Soren Kierkegaard"? He did a Comm Course and some auditing, I believe.

20. Panda Termint

LOL. Soren is still around, Petey. That's his real name. He stuck it out and got up to OT5, methinks.

I like him a lot. We've been casual friends for all that time but seldom see each other. He keeps a pretty low profile these days but is a good guy as far as I'm concerned, I wish him well.