Australians in Scientology

Discussion in 'Reconnecting with Old Friends' started by haiqu, Jul 17, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Couldn't agree more. Not only do stories help others, they help the writer. As you put into words what happened, amazing insights and changes of viewpoint can happen. You can find yourself explaining something "on automatic" and realising that is in itself terrific progress. IMO it's the most healing thing of all to write our experiences. If they involve other people who may read them here, so much the better as the door is then open to put things into perspective and maybe sort out past events previously viewed through the scn filter.

2. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

Yeah, fair enough. :)

We can all say what we want to say on this board (providing it's within the boundaries set by the rules).

Personally, I have no back off on mentioning names and telling it how it was and I like to see others doing that too (especially when those being spoken about are still "in" and doing harm - it can serve as a warning). On the other hand though, I won't always let fly on a rant that I might have with another in private, 'cause I believe I could or would find the consequences of doing so, regrettable. I think there's a difference between the two.

As I've already stated, each to their own - whatever one is comfortable with - it's all understandable.

3. Free to shine

I hope one day you will share your stories.

4. Free to shine

I remember Rudi too. I think Mick ended up at SH, I was so young at the time but my memories of him include lots of laughs. DOF may know.

5. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

I'm sure I will. :)

6. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Noel O'Donnell is running his own cleaning company in Sydney and doing fine the last I saw of him.

He was auditing OSA staff every so often and his son was on Syd F staff a few years back

Brian Rackam got Declared late 70s/early 80 and took himself off to Melbourne - I heard he's still here and back in good standing as of a few years ago.

7. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

A few years ago he and his wife left Melbourne to join the SO in Sydney where his son and daughter already were. But the last I heard they were all out (of the SO at least). Not sure about where they stand regarding Scio.

8. Feral

Feral Rogue male

Wasn't Brian Rackham SO at AOSH ANZO around 2000?

9. Feral

Feral Rogue male

Sorry Em,didn't see your post. :)

10. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Yes, he was, Feral.
    That was probably what "getting back into good standing" entailed during the ANZO Recruiting Crusade. :D

11. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

Brian was back in good standing for years before he went back to the SO in around 2000. I sup'd him through some courses in the years prior to that.

He could be a standoffish sorta bloke but I quite liked him once you got passed the surly facade.

12. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Mick was the first person I spoke to when returning to SH after signing my SO contract. I signed it around lunchtime and the recruiter (Tony Bonning) said "When can you start?" I said, "Well I have to pick up some things in London so it won't be until about 6pm, is that OK?" He said it was, probably trying to keep a straight face. So I got back to Saint Hill about 7pm and apologized to Mick for being late, but he was OK about it. I was a real wimp then. I liked Mick - he was always real.

I believe he is still at SH. If you search for "Parkee" here on ESMB you'll find various mentions of him.

Paul

13. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

About 2 cents worth.

I remember Phyll Stevens on tour in AK. She was scary.
    Steve Stevens, (earlier with John Parselle but later with his own minions including Fleur) .....They had worked out how to suck money out of people like a high pressure vacuum cleaner. Steve S. and John Parselle seemed to have "in people" and "out people".

The cool and the uncool. The uncool were regarded with contempt even as they coughed up their dollars (or as they left the Reg office).

That is what has been in my mind as I read this thread and other threads.
    The ego rubbing that came from being in someone's "in group".
    And the fact that whoever we personally like, or wanted to like us, that person may have been an absolute C*** to others that they thought were worthy only of contempt.
    Seems to be a common thing in the cult. Although there were some who were genuinely above that sort of thing.

14. DartSmohen

DartSmohen Silver Meritorious Patron

I remember their wedding. Didn't Liz have a sister, Marion, who married one of the Allcock brothers?

Dart

15. DartSmohen

DartSmohen Silver Meritorious Patron

There was a fourth one, Robert, who was in the GO Finance dept.

Dart

16. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

Crikey - I never knew that, nor had ever heard of him. :confused2:

Thanks for info. :)

17. ozzie

ozzie Patron with Honors

Ummmm no Nettie married one of the Allcocks and she still is in - means I am Marion - how are ya? Guess I must know you then.

Ozzie:yes:

18. ttamaad

ttamaad Silver Meritorious Patron

I love it when it all comes together :happydance:

19. mate

mate Patron Meritorious

Phyll Stevens

I must be the odd man out. I knew that Mystery Sandwich had the occasional run in with Phyll, but I never had a problem with her at any time. Except of course, the time when she and Jan Mullane conspired and succeeded in trapping me into signing a Sea Org billion year contract.

Phyll, BTW, was a full commander and the last I had heard, from a posting on OCMB, she was shipped off from FSO, or more accurately dumped, in a retirement home in southern Florida, without any scientology materials or contact with the CofS.

Regards, David.

20. ttamaad

ttamaad Silver Meritorious Patron

Not quite, Phyll recruited me for syd day staff when she was CO there. Then she looked after me the whole time she stayed at Syd Day and later on when she was CO ANZO... It was her idea that got the Cont TTC going and she made sure I got paid the equivilent of what I was earning in my wog job so I could supervise the Cont TTC full time.

If anything, she would go out of her way to make sure I was doing fine