What's new

Basics Books Bonza Buggerup

LongTimeGone

Silver Meritorious Patron
I have just checked the Brisbane city council e-libraries catalogue for copies of Blubbard "non" fiction.
There are 52 books from DMSMH through Scn: 8-8008, Dianetics: The original thesis, handbook for Preclears, Intro to Scn to Way to Happiness.
Also 2 DVD's a visual guidebook to the human mind.
There are 33 libraries in this area.
D.

xenusdad

Patron with Honors
Ireland Library Campaign

Here again they are claiming 100% success however the facts are very different.
Total number of libraries in the whole of Ireland, 470.
Hubbard books, 182, of which 80% are sci-fi.
Books on Dianetics and Scientology, 36.
The best part is they are all pre-2007! Most of them are actually early 1990s editions.

So the actual total of basics into Irish libraries is NIL!

How's that for a stat push!

(Exception: Trinity college we assume has a full set of basics as they keep a copy of every book ever published).

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Checked the National Library Database here in Oz last week and found a total of 270 2007 or later editions of "Basics."

I checked thoroughly but those suppressive library persons must have gotten rid of the other 15,000 they should have received by now to make up for the shortfall I reported at the start of the thread.

OSAspawn - thought you might like to know. :D

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Checked the National Library Database here in Oz last week and found a total of 270 2007 or later editions of "Basics."

I checked thoroughly but those suppressive library persons must have gotten rid of the other 15,000 they should have received by now to make up for the shortfall I reported at the start of the thread.

OSAspawn - thought you might like to know. :D

Yeah....but, now they have a new excuse to rereg for all new book packages to replace those that were destroyed by SPs. Wait...they'll probably spin it: Next staff briefing they'll say that folks who checked them out were so enthralled that they kept them..."Don't worry, we'll pull that withhold when they come in for service" (cue knowing little chuckles from staff ...) Better restock those shelves.:eyeroll:

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
Would we prefer that the books actually were in the libraries??

I think we should quietly cheer on our heroes and heroines that are our knowing or unknowing "Shindlers" for sparing the masses. :thumbsup:

I saw a Clear Body Clear Mind in a health food store the other day. I turned it around so the jacket couldn't be seen. :whistling:
After I left I thought of other things I could have done....

Coyote13

Thought Criminal

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
2010 saw the completion

http://news.yahoo.com/s/prweb/20110129/bs_prweb/prweb8100884_2

Sat Jan 29 2011, 6:00 am ET

2010 saw the completion of a two-year project to provide Scientology Founder L. Ron Hubbard’s beginning books of Dianetics and Scientology to every lending library on Earth. Today, through the placement of Mr. Hubbard’s books and audiobooks in libraries across 192 nations, billions now have access to the tenets and beliefs of the Scientology religion for the first time.

“I am the man who has the monopoly upon the wisdom of this universe.
It belongs to me not those who can use it to help themselves and others.” —David Miscavige

Los Angeles, CA (Vocus/PRWEB) January 28, 2011

To make L. Ron Hubbard’s books and lectures of Dianetics and Scientology broadly available world over, the Church of Scientology has been engaged in a massive translation and publication program.

This included the 2010 establishment of Church publishing houses in Los Angeles, California, and Copenhagen, Denmark. These publishing houses feature the largest digital printing-line in the publishing industry. The translation program comprises more than a thousand translators across 50 nations, and speaking virtually every language. To date, translations total more than 150,000 pages. (Watch the video: Bringing Scientology to the World.)

With the completion of translation and publication of Church Founder L. Ron Hubbard’s Basic books of Scientology, the Church initiated a project to provide all of those works to every public lending library on Earth—a project which culminated in 2010.

The full scope of this library donation program encompassed more than 4.2 million books, CDs and DVDs to over 150 thousand libraries across 192 nations. In consequence, the Scripture of Scientology is now freely accessible to 90 percent of the world’s population, in the following languages:

Afrikaans,Albanian,Arabic,Bengali,Brazilian Portuguese,Bulgarian,Chinese,Croatian,Czech,Danish,Dutch,English,Farsi,Filipino,Finnish,French,Georgian , German,Greek,Hebrew,Hindi,Hungarian,Indonesian,
Italian,Japanese,Kazakh,Korean,Kyrgyz,Latvian,Lithuanian,Macedonian,Nepali,Norwegian,Polish ,,Portuguese,Romanian,Russian,Serbian,Sinhalese,Slovak,Slovenian,Spanish,Swahili,SwedishTaiwanese,Thai,Turkish,Ukrainian,Urdu,Vietnamese

The Scientology religion was founded by author and philosopher L. Ron Hubbard The first Church of Scientology was formed in the United States in 1954 and has today expanded to more than 2 Churches, Missions and affiliated groups, with ten members in each 165 countries.

# # #

Karin Pouw OSA INT T/PR Aide
Church of Scientology International
(323) 960 3500

Last edited:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Quote from, Creation of human ability.
Scientology, general background.
Page 417. religion religious philosophy

If we, without therapy, simply taught our truths, we would bring civilisation to a barbaric West.

Right where CofS is heading, except it never made it to civilisation, its own orgs and public are the barbarism.

Well that is a fine summary of the basics buggerup program. SIMPLY TEACHING TRUTHS

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I called central Wellington library regarding Donations of books,
the Compassionate librarian asked me what section, i said Religion, she asked what religion, I said Scientology, pause... its our policy we dont accept any donations , if we NEED any literature missing from a collection that is important we buy it.

It made me wonder ,i asked her, the Church of Scientology has per their internal PRopoganda been running an aggressive campaign to stock the priceless technology of L Ron Hubbard in all libraries, have the libraries been a Victim of this...

pause..".i wouldnt like to comment on that" she said.

I know very minimal Scio books have reached the libraries in wellington,
firstly i assume its because its a lie the money goes to books, a need to know basis, greatest good Lie.

and secondly some libraries arent interested.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
I called central Wellington library regarding Donations of books,
the Compassionate librarian asked me what section, i said Religion, she asked what religion, I said Scientology, pause... its our policy we dont accept any donations , if we NEED any literature missing from a collection that is important we buy it.

It made me wonder ,i asked her, the Church of Scientology has per their internal PRopoganda been running an aggressive campaign to stock the priceless technology of L Ron Hubbard in all libraries, have the libraries been a Victim of this...

pause..".i wouldnt like to comment on that" she said.

I know very minimal Scio books have reached the libraries in wellington,
firstly i assume its because its a lie the money goes to books, a need to know basis, greatest good Lie.

and secondly some libraries arent interested.

So true!! It's very expensive and time consuming to catalog a book -- libraries just won't do it for books there isn't a demand for. I'm sure that if they even reach the libraries, they either end up on the 50-cent table at the library book sale, or straight into the dumpster.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is where the only Theta and Lie Tech really come in handy.

of course the Button your such a hero for your donation flattery is payment enough.

Is it really that hard to catalogue a book?

or is it a Bridge pulication Number Isbn F_up.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is where the only Theta and Lie Tech really come in handy.

of course the Button your such a hero for your donation flattery is payment enough.

Is it really that hard to catalogue a book?

or is it a Bridge pulication Number Isbn F_up.

Yes, I contributed, felt so good about it! :eyeroll:

Actually yes. I was surprised at the time it took library staff to go through the cataloging process . . . for the first copy in the system it's about a 15 minute process per book (once the first one's in you can "tag on" for the other copies and that's pretty fast), and you have to order the labels etc. for the book (about $1.00 each plus the time it takes to find it and order it) or type them up yourself. When you consider the number of books a library gets in every week, and the low budget they have, they are understaffed and usually behind, they just don't prioritize books they don't specifically want and which they don't think will get checked out. And I didn't even mention the shortage of shelf space in most libraries. . . I would love to see the percentage of donated books that actually ended up on library shelves.

And, yes, I do believe that's the ISBN number!! :laugh:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
I don't think cataloging (spelling?) a book would take more than 20 minutes. Create database entry, print stickers, put stickers on book, put book on shelf. Done.

The issue I see, is space. Every cubic inch costs, and the libraries I've seen never have enough space. So if they have to decide whether to use that space for Hubturd's drivel that nobody wants to read anyway, or to use it for the latest bestseller from <insert celebrity author of your choice>, I think than a decision that's easy to make.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes space would be a major factor along with priority of whats fashionable.

If a central library has to do all the cata-logging then it could take up too much time resource.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't think cataloging (spelling?) a book would take more than 20 minutes. Create database entry, print stickers, put stickers on book, put book on shelf. Done.

The issue I see, is space. Every cubic inch costs, and the libraries I've seen never have enough space. So if they have to decide whether to use that space for Hubturd's drivel that nobody wants to read anyway, or to use it for the latest bestseller from <insert celebrity author of your choice>, I think than a decision that's easy to make.

That's about right MrNobody -- 20 minutes -- up to 30 if they decide to process/cover them. . . .so now think about getting a case of Scientology books . . . how many were in that basics book package? -- 18 books and a DVD so 19 books have to be cataloged -- at 20 minutes a piece that's 6.3 hours of cataloging at minimum . . . .up to 9 if they process books by covering them, which most libraries do. . . You've got to pay someone to do it and that's a lot of time to pay an employee. Cataloging/processing time is actually is something they think about believe it or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9WONcalmus

And yes, shelf space is a huge concern. Every year or 2 most libraries go through and pull the books that weren't checked out in order to make room for books that are in higher demand.

Last edited:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
well Tiger Lily when you put it like that....

as we found out too the Bridge ISBN fuck up (wogs conform to our way) made it alot longer per each book.(5x) .bit like org Standard operating emergency expansion getting no where, of each org on the Plaaaaanet!

(only 140 of them (org-ies)-remember that, itsi bitsi religion, a pimple on the arse of humanity- but they dont half give off a stench)

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
LOL, I thought about posting that video, but was too lazy to dig it out. And you're right, it's about space and time. Why waste any of that for books that no one wants?