What's new

Battle Of Britain - 1974

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Paul, he must have been a truly confused man to have caused such tidal waves.

Honestly, I though he must have been around for months.

Did he only spread his love to Saint Hill and London or did he attack the other Orgs too?

When I walked into the Circus tent I really was hallucinating from lack of sleep and food, I saw him arriving in a Nazi open staff car. He seemed to be giving his Nuremberg address from a boxing ring.

One moment of my life I would like to relive is when he first came to London he said that we were free to go if we wanted to. I should have walked out at that moment. Never mind I walked out in the end.

I was in that tent too, I think we found a way out under a flap or something. :coolwink: There, I could have met you!

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Well I got to SH in November of 76, well after the great trauma. I, of course, heard all about from almost everyone... I had not realized what Sibersky had done to the collective psyche until 1977 and Dave McCarthy and I were on mission at AOSH (putting Hank Laarhuis on post as CO god help us) and there was a power outage and someone - not sure who - said on seeing all the candles etc "wow reminds me of Sibersky and the BoB".

In ten minutes it seemed that the rumor had run around the entire org that Sibersky was back - by the end of the evening the stats had crashed.

Interesting.

I later met Alex at Flag - seemed like a nice guy to me. HIs wife, Maggie was stunning.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Free to Shine, I wouldn't have remembered, if I had met you it is all a blur of images from films memory and imagination.

I would have thought I'd remember seeing a puffin, lovely birds. Give my regards to your flock. Glad you found a covert exit by the way. I suppose I must have stayed until told to go.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Looking at what the Battle of Britain was actually about I fail to see how the title was used, except maybe to insult anyone old enough to remember the real group engram. One line in this video though does ring a bell, fatigue, the people worked day and night, the government had to to cut down the hours as fatigue was getting in the way of production. (its right at the end).

Mick, yes I heard that Maggie Siberski was a stunner.

That's funny about just thinking he might be about crashed stats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaeHnMn3Mig&feature=related

Terril park

Sponsor
Hmm. So Ron Hopkins - what was his role in all of it? And what was he like?

I only interacted with him briefly as one of his juniors [ ED London day].
He was quite charming. He was probably the best product officer the UK had,
and he was considered a really excellent auditor. Despite being a tough
product officer he was very much liked by all. Never heard an opposing opinion.

He had an eye for the ladies, and married probably the most gorgeous scientologist in the UK.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Pandora, Hoppy was someone who got people to work for him, very charismatic, he also believed that you could do other things, he was an amazing flamenco guitarist. He didn't mind people having time off, but got the best out of them work-wise too. Oddly balanced for an Exec.

Not sure what he was doing during the BofB though.

pandora

Patron
I only interacted with him briefly as one of his juniors [ ED London day].
He was quite charming. He was probably the best product officer the UK had,
and he was considered a really excellent auditor. Despite being a tough
product officer he was very much liked by all. Never heard an opposing opinion.

He had an eye for the ladies, and married probably the most gorgeous scientologist in the UK.

Fascinating! Would that be Diana Coventry? Heard she's out of the Sea Org now...

Terril park

Sponsor
Pandora, Hoppy was someone who got people to work for him, very charismatic, he also believed that you could do other things, he was an amazing flamenco guitarist. He didn't mind people having time off, but got the best out of them work-wise too. Oddly balanced for an Exec.

Not sure what he was doing during the BofB though.

I have a snapshot. Can't remember where from, but
referring to the BoB.

He said he got producting from up lines on up main stats. He commented that as an HCO member he wasn't working on GI and tech completions. But
got heavy producting anyway.

Was after BoB when he said this.

Last edited:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Free to Shine, I wouldn't have remembered, if I had met you it is all a blur of images from films memory and imagination.

I would have thought I'd remember seeing a puffin, lovely birds. Give my regards to your flock. Glad you found a covert exit by the way. I suppose I must have stayed until told to go.

:hug: Funny bunny you.

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron
I don't know if it has been written here, but the mission orders for BOB were written by Diana Hubbard.:ohmy:

I remember reading them when in Alex's office at the time. :whistling:

The trouble was that Alex did not follow the MO plan. He made a lot of it up as he went along.:omg::angry:

The "tent" event was Diana's idea. How it was carried out was entirely Alex.:duh:

Dart

I was there too!
The Siberskys got back to Flag and were promptly busted by LRH and MSH for doing that crazy stuff we witnessed without his authority. He and his wife left the SO about a year later after the RPF I heard from my Mum who was in the first RPF on the Flagship Apollo at he time because she had filled in a questionaire that asked if people had been "Loyal Officers" or "Rebels" of the Galactic Patrol Command. She filled in "Loyal" like some others and was busted the next day. They had to undergo a mock "Demonic" Ritual in the ship's hold where they were forced to destroy carboard mock-ups of the Orgs in front of the crew as punishment.
The stats for the 1974 Battle of Britain campaign were crap and appalling. Zero recruits (who stayed for no more than a month), huge expenditures and bad PR in the press in the UK, at a time when the country was going through tough times with the economy and the three day week.
We UK Sea Org staff were cold, hungry, tired and bullied at a time when we should have been treated fairly and decently whilst working together in a nice way.
Seeds of Doubt were sown then about the whole thing.
Hubbard seemed to be supporting the efforts of little hitlers and penalising the efforts of the hard working staff people who were there because we thought we could help Mankind and ourselves in the process towards a saner world.
I seriously believe that David Miscavige believes what he is doing is best based on his personal contact with LRH and MSH and his reaction as a result. He really thinks he is doing good to save Scientology from the imagined monsters and was prepared to steam-roll over anyone who got in his way. As witnessed by my brother was a senior CMO Officer who worked in DM's office in the 1980's. He was on the WDC.

Christopher Van Buren.:blush:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
As far as I can find out Sibersky was declared and offloaded in the late seventies.

He had a good reputation as an auditor, but he had an evil reputation as a missionaire. He was seriously frightening and a complete fruit cake. Fear of his wrath is what caused me to make my biggest overt ever, I stayed when I should have walked out shouting ''see you suckers!''

I hope he's doing well and over the trapped wind or whatever it was that caused all the mayhem. He did much to destroy scn in the UK, so I bear him no grudges. But I really wouldn't want to meet him ever again. Sorry Alex if you're reading this, but you seriously scared the living shit out of me, I hope you're over it and do well.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I can find two Alex Siberskys in the US. One is aged 66 and living in Manhattan, and the other is a woman. The phone number of the NY one is readily available via www.zabasearch.com.

Personally, I do not want to speak to him.

Paul