What's new

BIBLE – A HINDU LOOK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomad

Patron with Honors
If that is an apology, I will accept it. To me it came as very much a thought stop. Alanzo brought up a historical fact that there were people who were racist, You stated your reply in a manner that implied that YOU agreed with the statement, making YOU the racist.

I have always here been stating that these are my beliefs, and while I think I am right, I will admit that I might be wrong and that something else is right. The impression I get from your statements are that you are so convinced that you MUST be right (at least on the broad aspects) that anything in conflict with it must be wrong, and must be illogical. I grant you the right to have your beliefs, I feel I am not given that right back. Please look back at how you have characterized things you disagree with.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
:sadsigh: I was looking forward to this. I love looking at how religions relate to each other. Probably not a subject that lends itself to discussion though.

-TL

RogerB

Crusader
Was Like a Dog Biting its Own Tale . . .

Man, I followed the thread for a while, but it ended up going around in circles, like a dog biting its own tale. There were even conflictive, self contradictory statements used to present viewpoints. Wild! Not the stuff to try and deal with:no: Would only get folks either pissed off or feeling put down.

RogerB

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Vinaire,
I also am total disgusted with the Racism in your comments on the races. It is now clear to me that you really are not look to find truth, but to try to spread your own beliefs by insulting others. I think I will consider myself done with this discussion, as one thing we learn is that when someone shows they are not open to listening to the truth about God, it is time to knock the dust off your sandels and leave the results to God.

A person can acknowledge, discuss and even joke about racial things without being a racist.

Vinaire is not a racist.

I was bullbaiting Vinaire on the viewpoint of the Christian Missionaries which have invaded the land of his birth for hundreds of years. These Christians saw the people in his country as "backward" and needing to be "saved". Chrisitans even colonized his country, and rammed all this crap down his ancestor's throats.

Those Christians were also largely ignorant of the wealth of spiritual knowledge his culture already had for thousands of years before these invading Missionaries had arrived.

American and European Christians have a tendency to forget the history of their Church's impact upon the world, and what their Church has done to people in faraway lands.

They seem surprised and insulted when that history is brought up.

At the least, you would think they could have a little bit more of a sense of humor about it.

It looks like if you are going to ever win the hearts and minds of the brown man, you are going to have to do a hell of a lot better than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.