ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Bill Franks Interviews for UTR folks and new Exes

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by ILove2Lurk, Dec 22, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

And that is yet another reason that Scientology is so evil. Here we have a person who totally bought into Hubbard's whole "mass" and "entities" and "e-meter" garbage. Years and years later, he's still trying to "get rid of" his imaginary "mass" and his imaginary "entities".

Hubbard's "tech" obviously didn't work against these imaginary problems so he moved on to other techniques. This really is sad. Another example of the lasting effects of Hubbard's brainwashing.

2. pineapple

pineapple Silver Meritorious Patron

:thumbsup:

programmer_guy likes this.
  3. TomKat

TomKat Patron Meritorious

too hypothetical, and I'm not a teacher

4. TomKat

help for what?

5. TomKat

In my experience, the only people worried about what others believe are people with a predominantly religious mindset. I don't care what anyone believes, but I don't like being preached at by a materialist who keeps saying "prove it" over and over, and is so extremely concerned with my beliefs. I can't see his name or messages anymore (ignore), but he was as much a preacher as Jerry Falwell. And since the BBS days of the 80s, I learned that the longer the message, the less chance the person has anything to offer. Now, discussing "dangerous" ideas on this forum -- when I started back in the Alan Walter days, there was no such restriction. As far as I know there still isn't, otherwise I'd have been kicked off.

6. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

I doubt if anyone around here cares about what you believe in TK, perhaps because you are not trying to promote yourself as some kind of guru ... but you deliberately post with an antagonistic ('come at me bro') attitude which I assume is meant to wind people up ... and some of us occasionally play along.

;)

JustSheila and Type4_PTS like this.
  7. Gib

Gib Crusader

yah, I'm done with this jackal.

8. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Help with constructing sentences, they usually start with a capital letter.

9. George Layton

George Layton Silver Meritorious Patron

A shamanistic soul retriever knows that it's not how you start the sentence nor what you put in the sentence but what you bypassed with the sentence that counts.

10. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Oh yes, of course it is. It just slipped my mind momentarily so thanks for reminding me GL.

11. TomKat

gonna miss your childlike repartee

12. Bill

I have always considered "childlike" to be a compliment. It infers clarity, innocence, wonder, playfulness.

TomKat's comments are, on the other hand, childish -- foolish, naive, puerile, petulant, silly, annoying.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  13. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Do you post your beliefs about the wonders of Scientology to those who were hurt by it on the ex Scientologist forum because you have a "predominantly religious mindset," something you accuse of others?

Do you post controversial and objectionable items here so that you can complain that "others are concerned about your beliefs" when you are far too concerned about others' beliefs to leave the victims of Scientology alone on this forum without insulting them further?

The hypocrisy of your words is mind-blowing. :mindblown:

Type4_PTS likes this.
  14. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

( deleted)

15. pineapple

pineapple Silver Meritorious Patron

I hesitate to say this, but I'm going to go ahead and say it anyway.

@TomKat isn't really a scngst. From what I gather he's more of an occultist. His scn experience lead him back to where a lot of scn came from in the first place.

He still thinks some parts of the tech have some validity, still uses some of the lingo. But I don't know how much his "entities" have in common with BT's. I think they may have more to do with the occult.

TomKat is a "squirrel," an extreme one who's departed very far from anything that could be called standard scn, or even any kind of scn.

There are some other members of this board who fit that same profile. If you've been around this board for a while you can probably think of several. But those members are tolerated, and even highly respected. They never get attacked like TomKat did in this thread. Why is that?

I wouldn't say TomKat was trying to force his beliefs on us. He told us about them, but at no time did he say we had to adopt them. We have the freedom to agree or disagree with them. I disagree with them, and I said so, but I don't think he's harming me or anyone else by having those beliefs. He isn't here trying to recruit people as far as I can see.

Let's not make this a place where people are afraid to speak their minds. If we make it that kind of place we'll only drive people away, and I don't think that's what we want to achieve. in scn you're afraid to speak your mind. You shouldn't be afraid to do it here.

I'm not saying don't disagree, just try to be a little nicer about it, that's all.

:hide:

16. Bill

I will treat someone with respect if they treat me with respect.

JustSheila likes this.
  17. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

I like TK (and always have) but he definitely has an unfriendly attitude ... he knows exactly how many of his comments are going be received here but goes ahead anyway, as is his right ... some would say he leads with his chin or that he's actively looking for a fight and occasionally he gets one ... but I have no doubt that he knows what he's doing and gets some kind of a kick out of it.

;)

Bill likes this.
  18. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Thanks.

As ITYIWT mentioned earlier, it's his antagonistic posting style. He doesn't post that way back to everyone, though. To some of us, he answers with a "I'm right because you ... (insult, insult)." or "I'm right because you... ad hom ad hom."

Whether he still uses Scientology or not, he promotes it here and makes flippant responses about not caring if innocent people get caught up into Scn.

Those sorts of comments wind people up. Not a month goes by that we don't hear about some tragic story like a suicide or murder, or other untimely death or abuse at the hands of the cult of scientology. It's still happening! Yet TomKat flips that all off like it is all part of some distant past. When someone comes on here brushing off the destruction and insulting those who stand against it, it's pretty rude.

As Bill said, I'll treat someone with respect who treats me that way, too. Enough with TomKat's adhoms and belittling the harm of Scientology.