What's new

BlownForGood and Jason Beghe website!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Great idea for the site! I have a comment about the simplistic viewpoints, though. Example from the Myth FAQ:

Q: I work at a company that has a lot of scientologists that work at it or is owned by scientologists. Will I get fired for telling my story?

A: In most countries, it is prohibited by law for an employer to terminate an employee due to his personal beliefs or any supposed or imagined prejudices.

A more accurate simplistic answer to the question would be "If they hear about it, yes".

A full answer would includes both viewpoints, namely that although it is illegal to discriminate against an employee for religious reasons the company will be uncomfortable with you working there and will most likely find some way to get rid of you that is legally defensible.

Paul

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great idea for the site! I have a comment about the simplistic viewpoints, though. Example from the Myth FAQ:

A more accurate simplistic answer to the question would be "If they hear about it, yes".

A full answer would includes both viewpoints, namely that although it is illegal to discriminate against an employee for religious reasons the company will be uncomfortable with you working there and will most likely find some way to get rid of you that is legally defensible.

Paul

I think that's a good point; and the case could be made also in some of the other scenarios- that there's a chance that some type of revenge action might be taken or at least considered. At minimum it's logical to assume that one would find themselves "out of good favor" and treated as such. Personally if that happened to me... I would take the boss aside and take the issue up; it's time I believe that we stop cow towing the party line and change this bad policy. And if things get too sticky in some cases let's not forget that a business, just like the Co$ can be protested.:D

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
Paul,

There is a "contact us" section on the site where you can voice such concerns. I'm sure they welcome suggestions for improving the site and they will be taken into account if explained logically as in your above post.

V

MarkWI

Patron Meritorious
I think the site looks too much 'Heavy Metal', the tone level seems to be Anger. Don't know if this is good or bad. :confused2:
For those under CoS suppression like Mark who can't see his own mother and sistar, anger is certainly a proper tone level.

Neo

I think the site looks too much 'Heavy Metal', the tone level seems to be Anger. Don't know if this is good or bad. :confused2:
For those under CoS suppression like Mark who can't see his own mother and sistar, anger is certainly a proper tone level.

Wow, its interesting that you see it that way. I never got that impression. I never really picked up on any particular tone as such, more the fact that it is another great idea for highlighting the truth about the cult. And I'm glad they are doing it. I felt like I "resonated" with the site and its content and concept, and I don't see my self as an angry person.

It will be great when it goes "live", so to speak.

Neo

Wisened One

Crusader
Wow, interesting site, thanks for the link, FTS! And BFG and Jason working together? COOL! :yes:

Hope they make a movie, next! :yes: :drama:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Paul,

There is a "contact us" section on the site where you can voice such concerns. I'm sure they welcome suggestions for improving the site and they will be taken into account if explained logically as in your above post.

V

Sorry, I don't want to. It's not like it is just the one line--it is all through the couple of pages I read. If the person writing the copy wants to be as dishonest as that (strong word, but that is how I see it), or maybe can't even see that such answers are dishonest, I'm not going to spend the time trying to fix it. I'm kinda busy right now and just checked in on ESMB briefly.

Paul

Div6

Crusader
Sorry, I don't want to. It's not like it is just the one line--it is all through the couple of pages I read. If the person writing the copy wants to be as dishonest as that (strong word, but that is how I see it), or maybe can't even see that such answers are dishonest, I'm not going to spend the time trying to fix it. I'm kinda busy right now and just checked in on ESMB briefly.

Paul

Gawd...a guy invents a robot auditor and all of a sudden he is too good for ESMB.....:omg: :omg: :omg:

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't think they are trying to lie outright. They want more people to feel safe to come out and talk. The more people that do talk, the safer it becomes.
Telling someone they will lose their job and family isn't exacty confidence inspiring. :confused2:

I e-mailed them yesterday but have no reponse as of yet.

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron

Paul

I don't see anything dishonest about it.

On their opening page they do make mention of some harassment scenarios and what one can do to alert the FBI; even sending them an explanation of what one is doing, a copy of the the documents involved and following up by continuing to send info regarding any subsequent out-fall so that it gets filed.

I too would have liked to see some statements in the FAQ answers discussing the probability of some backlash by cos, scio members and employers and that it's a possibility that is part of the game.. (worded so as to inform but not instill fear).

Little Bear Victor

Paul

"Dishonest" certainly is a strong word for it.

I'm not sure what your point is.

The point of the website is obviously to make it safe for people to talk about their actual experiences in the Church of Scientology instead of allowing the Church to shudder them into silence.

V

dr3k

Patron with Honors
I'd do something with the design a little darker maybe modernize the code a bit but other than that, the site looks really cool. I like how he has turned his Internet handle into a meme (sorta) and that's the kind of fun I can promote.