ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Books Make BOOMS

Discussion in 'Mike Rinders Blog' started by RSS Feed, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Voodoo

Voodoo Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow

No, I understand you perfectly. My only point was, Hubbard lied when he claimed that increased book sales would boom an org's stats.

In fact, heightened book sales never did produce booming orgs. They only padded Hubbard's bottom line.

Gib likes this.
  2. Veda

Veda Sponsor

That was the mid 1980s.

I recall being a B. Dalton bookstore and there was a big display of musty DN books, which obviously had been stored in warehouse after having been sold the first time. Now they had been dusted off and were being sold a second time.

That was done with Hubbard's sci fi novels - also released around that time. Scientologists were sent into B. Dalton to buy books retail, then, after they had been registered as having been sold - and thus would be counted as books sold this week with the goal of being on the "bestseller" list - would be returned by the Scientologists for a refund.

This resulted in giant stacks of returned Hubbard sci fi novels piled high in the upper storage shelving space of B. Daltons. Financial Scam: L. Ron Hubbard `HOT-AUTHOR' Status Exposed As Illusion

I have a feeling the same thing was done to DNs.

Gib likes this.
  3. Gib

Gib Crusader

yes, of course he lied, that's why I say it was hubbard's rhetoric (persuasion) to keep people trying to sell books. I mean it's in Policy, one was supposed to do what Ron said.

4. Gib

Gib Crusader

yah Veda, all those books that never sold were produced by free labor sea org members all buying into books make booms. LOL

But a lot of books were sold, did you ever read Jefferson Hawkins website when it was free, but now you have to pay for the book? He explains it pretty well.

With free labor such as the sea org staff and even mission or org staff, just get them to sell books as that will boom the org, supposedly.

Hubbard was a clever dude on how to make money from a captive audience.

Here's the question.

How many books were sold to public vs how many books were sold to members?

In either case, Hubbard made money.