ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Boston - Part 2

Discussion in 'North America' started by Pooks, Jan 21, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. NoIdea

NoIdea Patron with Honors

This pretty much describes my viewpoint to a T. I think almost everyone in Scn thinks they are doing something good for themselves, others and humanity. I even think that about DM and LRH. But egos kick in and humans are fucked up things and you wind up with some crazy 1984-like logic like people must all be controlled to be free. I know myself that I did some fucked up things in the name of "clearing the planet". I like to think I learned a lot from the experience. I question myself a lot more these days, especially when I am really convinced about the rightness of something.

2. Boojuum

Boojuum Silver Meritorious Patron

JustSheila and Type4_PTS like this.
  3. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

@Boojuum

Sure, we can take some of those concepts and use them to our advantage. But did Hubbard really invent ANY of those things?

His modus operandi was to take ideas from a multitude of sources and claim them as his own, writing HCO PL's or HCOB's, thereby making them part of Scientology.

I love the concept behind CSW's (Completed Staff Work) and the policy he wrote on that, but he lifted that right out of the military. It's not as though he recalled that policy from his previous experience in the Galactic Confederacy (as he did with the Org Board). :D

Clearly the CoS IS evil as the LRH policies & advices with which it runs on require marketing fraud, abuse, and exploitation of its own members, and many other evils that are documented on this forum and elsewhere. LRH used enemy tactics on not just those he characterized as "SP's", but on Scientology public and staff members as well.

While some of the "tech" in the right hands has helped some people, it is not based upon any scientific research, and has also harmed many.
    Hubbard intentionally created mental illness in his members, implanting phobias (such as fear of psychs), and used other enemy tactics against us.

For anyone who has mental issues they want help with, or wishes to improve their abilities as a spiritual being, there is plenty of non-Scientology "tech" which is far superior IMO.

Sure, we learned some things. But what have we failed to learn by not investing all those years into other things?

I don't think you need to justify your involvement though.

Hubbard was a professional con artist and created an organization which furthered his purposes. Some very sharp people fell for it, including some who were at Boston Org. At least one of the staff members I worked with there went to school at M.I.T. Many other very intelligent people were there on staff and as public.

One thing I believe is very important for EX'es and is often overlooked (including by myself until recently), it's necessary to forgive ourselves for getting sucked into the cult. I long ago forgave many who got me involved or did harmful things that negatively impacted me while I was in, but only relatively recently did I actually forgive myself for getting in.

Some of the benefits I got from the experience of getting sucked into a cult and then eventually later getting away, learning about how individuals and organizations can negatively manipulate you, etc., I probably never would have gotten had I not gotten involved with Scientology.

They were hard lessons and I wish that I had learned them in a different way. :D

But they are useful lessons just the same, and ones that I trust will serve me going forward.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  4. Boojuum

Boojuum Silver Meritorious Patron

Great post!

I would add this one point and it only popped up to my wee brain yesterday.

My involvement in the COS was originally only to help me to further MY OWN GOALS. I enjoyed the comm course and the HQS courses very much. Tons of fun and a certain amount of enlightenment. Subsequent courses were fairly brutal but I felt well worth the effort.

Only after a GREAT DEAL OF COERSION, LOVE BOMBING and EGO BOOSTING did I decide to join staff and from that point eventually become a true Kool Aid drinker, impoverishing myself while working ridiculous hours under a fair amount of stress for years. Staff life is bad for one's health. It's extroverting, which is good but full of craziness that doesn't easily go away.

I just wanted to point up that the COS manipulated me into giving up my goals and adopting those of LRH.

I think this single point is one of the most abusive bits of Scientology. Reading Leah Remini's book allowed me to see that even the royalty of Scientology have to submit their one personal goals to the CoS. That's simply horrible.

5. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

Very true!
    Major step in true recovery: forgive ourselve For getting sucked into this cult!
    Only then, healing can take place.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  6. myrklix

myrklix Patron with Honors

Hey @bambino, it's now been a full year since we got an update from you on the latest at the Boston Quincy Org. Wondering if there's all sorts of excitement about Davey's latest strategy of all orgs going "Idle" simultaneously. That new, potential Idle Org building sitting idly overlooking the Mass Pike is ripe for a big Scn sign for the thousands of cars driving by each day for its occupants to see. What's up with that?
    Give us an update, please.

7. myrklix

myrklix Patron with Honors

@bambino !!! You only have 2 more days to put an update about the org on ESMB. Please, don't let us down.
    Besides, think of what an update will do to your weekly stats. C'mon out of non-E. :)

8. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

I don't think he is coming back.

9. Red Valiant

Red Valiant Patron with Honors

Anybody here know the current whereabouts of Frank Ofman, the once OSA station chief at the Boston Org?

=======================================

"[Scientology] … the greatest anti-intellectual movement of our times." ~ Alex Beam, The Boston Globe

10. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

No, but I heard he joined the SO and divorced his wife.

11. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

I know who Frank Ofman is, spoken to him face to face, if you think the above is inaccurate then state why.

12. Red Valiant

I haven't had any interaction with OSA Ofman since 2002 or 03. I would have no reason to believe what you say is inaccurate. Wow S.O., that's like jumping out the fire into the frying pan. His divorce doesn't surprise me.

13. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

It fits Franks pleasant personality.:cool:

14. Red Valiant

Indeed a charm school grad. He was assigned to *handle* Bob Minton, myself, and others in the Beantown area media.

15. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

Yeah he's Mr. Ethics alright and spits when he screams.

16. Red Valiant