ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Boston

Discussion in 'North America' started by myrklix, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent Silver Meritorious Patron

Welcome, Angus!
    Hope you get your family back someday. Don't give up hope. It can happen.
    Not from Boston, didn't know ya, but glad you're out and talking!
    :welcome:

2. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Hi Angus, nice to hear from you again (I think it's been about 27+ years!) :)

Larry

:welcome2:

3. This is NOT OK !!!!

This is NOT OK !!!! Gold Meritorious Patron

4. Pooks

Pooks MERCHANT OF CHAOS

Angus MacDuffie, that's a blast from the past!

I believe I worked on the 4th floor when you were on staff.

Nice to hear that you are out and having a good life.

Patty Pieniadz Moher.

5. Boojuum

Boojuum Silver Meritorious Patron

Angus!!!! You MADE IT!!!!

I was waiting for you to appear.

Fantastic on getting out!!!

No small feat.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. HASbeen

HASbeen Patron

Thanks all for your warm welcome!

@Arthur Dent. Thanks Arthur, we can only hope that such things will happen. Certainly was impressive to see Leah and her whole family escape at one time.

@Larry. Great to see you're out! Live long and prosper.

@Pooks. Hi Patty, I do indeed remember you. Your post scilon activities are an inspiration to all of us!

7. Operating Wog

Operating Wog Patron with Honors

Hi Angus. I remember you being around Boston for a short while after I came on in '84. Didn't you go out to Portland for the crusade and then move there? Or maybe you were already there and visited Boston in 84. I don't remember. But I did know you briefly and remember clearly seeing your Goldenrod plastered all over the walls in Boston. Struck me odd at the time as you never seemed particularly evil. :)

8. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

I knew most of these people and it's amazing that so many are the same names as years ago. I refrained from quite a few comments but I will say that there are many names on that list who don't attend anymore.

I think that my name not being there is telling.

9. Pooks

Pooks MERCHANT OF CHAOS

I was just looking at the Church of Scientology Boston face book page and read the following

"Paul Coleman peacefully passed away early April 16, 2013 surrounded by friends and family. A celebration of his life with a special Sunday Brunch, and service at Noon will be held on Sunday, April 21st."

[​IMG]

10. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

That's too bad, I liked Paul. Is this a result of the heart attack? Was it some other medical issue? How old was Paul, I don't think he made 60?

11. Pooks

Pooks MERCHANT OF CHAOS

I don't know. That's the only thing that was posted on the C of S FB page.

12. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

I looked back and found a post I had written on April 16th about his heart attack, it's an eerie coincidence.

13. Type4_PTS

He was 55

14. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

His wife must be devastated. I remember all the abuse he took as a staff member. On the outside it didn't seem to bother him but I am sure it did on the inside.

15. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

Stress will kill you young.

16. Type4_PTS

Yeah, and attempting to clear planets when lacking the tech to produce "Clears" is very stressful.

17. Operating Wog

Operating Wog Patron with Honors

Man, that's a serious bummer about Paul. He had a heart of gold. I'm smiling thinking of all the time I spent working with him. Mostly remember cracking up about something with him. As much as I feel my many years on staff were a waste of time, I'll fondly remember many of the people I worked with, whether they ever got out, or died still under the spell. Paul was one of the very cool ones.

He also smoked like a smokestack the entire time I knew him. So not entirely shocking. But still. That's way too young.

18. myrklix

myrklix Patron with Honors

So with GATII well under way I was wondering how the new Idle Org in Boston was coming along, especially since the old (beautiful) building has now been sold. I haven't been by the new shell of a building but hope to swing by at some point in the coming months to report on all the progress on the renovation of the "Grande Dame" of a landmark. Would love an update if anyone has one.

19. Boojuum

Boojuum Silver Meritorious Patron

I frequently go past the building and a few weeks ago it looked the same--ratty looking beauty supplies store in an otherwise abandoned 100+ year old building. It's a huge project to fix that building, millions. I don't see how they can afford to even pay for the heating bill. On the plus side, there's lots of foot traffic and it's in an up and coming neighborhood. Not a bad investment. That being said, it's on the edge of Roxbury, Boston's version of Harlem and an unsafe place to walk around after dark.

The purchase only makes sense in the world of Scientology. To me, it's in the wrong place with no parking, 2 blocks from the methadone clinic, 6 blocks from the homeless shelter and all the GI going to heat and mainenance.:omg:

20. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.