ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Boston

Discussion in 'North America' started by myrklix, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

At Boston Org when I was there (1980's) I don't recall any requirement for the people working the night security shift to be HCO.

I think all non-exec's were fair game to get roped into this.

I don't recall any incidents during the shifts I was working, but I did sleep through some of those shifts, so who knows. :biggrin:

2. Leland

Leland Crusader

It was a great World's Series!

3. Gib

Gib Crusader

scientology, a fiction story written by hubbard, to be played out in real life, with real people and real money

it's such a mystery, for there are secrets we know, and others want them. LOL

4. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

They are leaving Brady short of supporting cast.

You won't beat teams like Seattle with make shift players.

5. o shit...

well we'll see...

belly check is a canny coach and maybe what others think are makeshift players have had their bellies checked and an extra portion of guts discovered...

but...

we are obliged to respect mr. klix's genteel and just request to take boston sports somewhere other than the thread about the boston org and it's denizens

so let's talk about what a maggot-brained scuzzbucket count alex berzerkski was...

was he actually a count?

anyone know?

i never met the prick myself but i was hanging around bobby ford's cambridge mission in '72 had a brief entwinement with sara white then a former boston staffer. she told me of hearing alex leading a staff meeting and one day sneering "...the earth is going to be covered with glowing craters and we're going to fly by in our spaceships and go 'haw! haw! haw!'" and she wrote that up and put it on the SO #1 line asking in innocent wide-eyed little sugarplum fashion if that was what scientology was all about and was pleased to have "ron" write back that no, it wasn't...

6. myrklix

myrklix Patron with Honors

Major progress on Boston Ideal Org...

...Not! :no:

I happened to be passing the Idle Org location on this beautiful spring afternoon so I thought I'd stop and take a few photos to show the progress since the last time I posted photos in November, 2010:
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?7231-Boston&p=496892&viewfull=1#post496892

You'll notice that the major change is that the smaller building to the left of the dilapidated historic hotel has been removed by order of the city due to bricks falling onto the sidewalk. Other than that they seem to have done a good job of maintaining the attractive slate-blue plywood over the window openings. Still the same tenants on the ground floor. Nothing like stability! (Oh, please excuse my snarky 1.1 comments.) For some reason I noticed a real window on the 3rd floor right side front of the building. Curious. Just a reminder that this building was purchased in Jan. 2008.

Here's a Google Maps view:
    https://www.google.com/maps/@42.336...!1e1!3m2!1sgeBXvJCsOBEpm7MtPcFQ1A!2e0!6m1!1e1

IMG_0794.jpg IMG_0795-med.jpg IMG_0796-med.jpg IMG_0792-med.jpg IMG_0791-med.jpg

7. Pooks

Pooks MERCHANT OF CHAOS

Re: Major progress on Boston Ideal Org...

Thanks for the update. I would love to know more of what is going on in the Boston Org. They've already sold 448 Beacon Street for lots of money but I'm guessing it's not enough to over the costs of renovating that place. Plus 14 years ago when I left Scn there were very few active public. Maybe 300. I think Boston and Scn overall has a personnel problem as well as a "membership" problem. You need qualified people to get this done.

8. Operating Wog

Operating Wog Patron with Honors

To chime in on "security", for a time I was in charge of making the list. Foundation had to do it Monday through Thursday, and Day org got it Friday through Sunday. At first it was only men, then it became OK for women to do it. But never only div heads and below. It was never an HCO thing only. So M-T, 2 people per night, you needed 8 eligible people, and there weren't always 8 eligible people, so I had to double up some weeks. Nobody liked that. People who had day jobs would pay others to do their security for them. It ranged from $10 to $25 for a shift over the years I was on staff. Not bad considering just about everyone slept through most of their shift anyway. The worst night to have security was Wednesday night because so many staff stayed really late, somehow clearing the planet at 2 a.m. apparently, so you couldn't sleep until everyone left.

You were also supposed to do "rounds" x number of times per night. Generally they were done once some time before the day staff came in, just to make sure all the windows were closed and lights were off, so that it at least looked like you'd done rounds.

Another fun fact. Both security people were supposed to be there the whole time, but that rarely happened. Often, the person on second shift would go home and come back later to do his shift. And the first shift guy would generally leave as soon as his shift was over and go home to sleep. All depended on where people lived and if they had a car.

I heard that after I left they shifted to a system where the org paid people directly to do security, and it was more voluntary. And I think I heard that they shifted to a automated security system in the last couple years, but not totally sure.

9. Boojuum

Boojuum Silver Meritorious Patron

Ideal Speculation

Methinks the COS Boston hasn't renovated and moved into the new Ideal Org is that same reason that runs throughout Scientology, to wit, it's all about the money. Anyone familiar with the Boston Org knows that there's at best 5 public who could spring for the renovation millions$$. Those 5 (or less) have been beat on mercilessly for decades. I suspect these whales have been informed that the Ideal Org project is a huge fail on a global level.

It's just stupid to get 7 story building to house 10 students and 2 pc's. It's just nutty, but what else is new.:duh:

And in that neighborhood:omg:, you'll need about 10 security guards around the clock just to keep the place from being burned down. :omg:

10. RaygunRogue

RaygunRogue Patron

Re: Ideal Speculation

I remember security. What an ethics trap. Working 70+ hrs that week you are then demanded to stay up one night till 8am then potentially have to work post the next morning. If you complained it was "CI" or (my favorite) "human emotion and reaction". Then to top it off a week or so later, if you got in session, the "overt" of sleeping an hour or so on that security shift would put you in lowers. The funny thing was, you couldnt do security if in "Lowers" so might as well take your time, haha. The EO would then hound you to get it done so you can be used for security again.

11. RaygunRogue

RaygunRogue Patron

Regarding Boston's Ideal Org, I believe the field is in apathy and the top whales are smart enough (NOW) to calculate and realize that theres no fukin chance this is going to work out. If only they could have kept their old building...all this trouble for what...personally I think the Ideal Org program is DMs exit strategy. All the property ultimately belongs to him. So evil...

12. Boojuum

Just LOOK at that building they plan to move to!!! 5 floors?!!

The "new" building is 2 times the size of the 448 Beacon St. address.

Anybody know what's going on in the Boston Org? How many students? Auditors? C/S's?

13. RaygunRogue

RaygunRogue Patron

I wish I knew, and what staff changes were made. Whatever happened to Perry Yeldham?

14. Boojuum

15. RaygunRogue

RaygunRogue Patron

Perry was a cool guy, a very independent man. Wonder why he left...

16. Boojuum

I can think of about 2 key reasons. He was a musician and was probably hounded to join staff. He was a musician and constantly hounded for more money. He was a musician and constantly asked to come into the org to borrow more money for services and join staff and join the SO and come in to talk to the reg or talk to the EO or talk to the word clearer or to talk to the staff recruiting officer or talk to the IAS reges or buy the basic book package or sign up for auditing and pay for his next course or take out a loan to get the DRD or patch up what didn't get done on the HRD or that bypassed clear thing.

17. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

probably because the second synapse finally fired.

18. RaygunRogue

RaygunRogue Patron

Those who knew him know he was an auditor for the org for a long time. I am curious of his org fate.

19. Boojuum

I would enjoy reading a current staff list. Anybody got one?

Who's auditing, C/S-ing, and supping and regging.
    ??

20. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

Perry was at least on staff on Day from the early 90's to the early 2000's. He went out with a team in the early 90's to do OEC- FEBC. He was in LA at the HGB for a very long time, at least two years where he was suddenly sent back for being out-qual'd for Executive positions.

It had to do with out-2D stuff.

He came back to Boston and did an amends project and an issue was sent down that he may never hold an Executive position.

Part of his amends was to renovate the basement where he and someone else put up some 1x4 pine to create a ceiling that would hide the network of wires and pipes hanging from the ceiling. it was open structured but served the purpose.

After that he was assigned to the HGC as an auditor. He was in session a lot and was a popular and requested auditor.

I received about three intensives from Perry where he related to me that he shattered his own leg. I don't mean by falling down but that he CAUSED it to shatter. He was in a cast for a very long time.

He is no longer with Robin and took up with an illegal PC named Sharmen who he lived with.

I don't think he is on staff anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.