ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Boston

Discussion in 'North America' started by myrklix, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pooks

Pooks MERCHANT OF CHAOS

Yes! That is elaine merkel, damn, she should color her hair!

And I think you're right, in the top photo, that does look like Heather Landry and Maria DiLiegro, who now goes by the name Marie Cecchini.

2. rickglass

rickglass Patron

thank you guys for your help, I hope you all find humor in the little jabs I take at your old friends :3

3. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

I worked in Boston!

Hi, my name is Larry Siegel and worked in Boston from about 1979 into 1986. At various times I was Course Admin, on the TTC, receptionist, telex op/Dir Comm. From there I worked out in Los Angeles for a while with Manor Hotel (VERY briefly) then with Social Coordination International (SOCO INT) which I guess is now "ABLE". I was non-S.O. when working there at SOCO, a very rare breed at the time I was there. Then worked briefly at Celebrity Center Int as an independent contractor, not on staff. I then worked briefly in the Sea Org in Clearwater with the SMI INT Expansion Office until I was RPF'ed and Declared back in 1989. I've got some interesting stories from my time in CW I'll tell when I have some time.

I'd love to hear from anyone that knew me or was around back then.

4. Nomad

Nomad Patron with Honors

Larry, I was a public in Boston mid 80's, was on "staff" at the Cambridge mission as part of the fail attempt to keep it going when the previous staff all blew at once, somewhere around 85-86 (I don't remember the exact dates). I was working on my Class 1-4 auditor course at that time and getting auditing too. Can't say I place your name, but I don't remember a lot of the names from back then. Need to get the time to finish up my story.

5. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Welcome aboard Larry!

Zinj

6. Boojuum

Boojuum Silver Meritorious Patron

PTS Type 4

Hi Larry

I remember you as a Fdn guy in the many posts you described. Welcome to the board!!! We'd love to hear your Clearwater stories. I'd also like to hear your Bsn observations from 79 until you left. :happydance:

7. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

Were you married to Elaine Siegel?

8. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

Heather Landrey used to be pretty cute. Calories kill.

9. myrklix

myrklix Patron with Honors

Ditto Elaine Merkel/Tomeo/Peters as well as several others. Given the lack of public in the org (and GI) how can they even afford the calories?

Welcome Larry. I was public in the early '80's then on & off through the mid-'90's so we likely crossed paths at some point early on. Glad to see more Boston folks coming onto ESMB. There are still many staff (likely ex's) that I'd really like to know what happened to them -- good folks deep down.

Where are they now?
    • Tony Sheppard, Fdn Academy Sup.
    • Vince Whelton, auditor
    • Nanette Ciano?, course sup. (still in I believe)
    • Alan Klebanoff, sup & other hats, possibly became S.O. after his child grew up.
    • Nick Petrunti (at some point went to mission in Portland, Maine)
    • Bishi Blanton (always public from what I remember)
    • Jon Smith, auditor & fine arts painter
    • Joe Nuccio, auditor (probably still on staff, had to re-train at some point for some probably inane reason)
    • Tom & Sue Ford (relentless reg. & auditor, respectively) - Didn't much like him but she was a sweetheart
    • Mark List, Class VIII auditor? Great auditor but probably too smart & thinking individual & booted 'cuz his father had connection to CIA
    There are more...just can't remember names.

10. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

Mark List is the Qual Sec of IFA, or was last time I talked to him, actually (2009). Jon Smith is/was in Clearwater, last I talked to him, his wife, former ED Mary Smith was on OTVIII and he was chilling waiting for her return when I last talked to him (2008). Nanette (I thought she was really cute, too) I don't know, but would like to. Klebs was a friend of mine. No news on him.

11. myrklix

Great hearing such current news! No goldenrod for you, eh? You seem to be in touch pretty recently. Impressive.
    Klebs was a pretty good jazz pianist -- used to play at one of the outdoor bars down at Quincy Market. What's IFA? Freezone?

12. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

IFA: International Freezone Association (or whatever A word).

I was goldenrodded in 1991. Mark understands I was railroaded by Mitra. Jon, I think, forgot that I was declared, or decided not to worry about it. I didn't mention it, neither did he.

Wasn't Nils Hansen also a musician? I never got to talk to him enough, he was always slaving over some publication or another. I really liked him. Steve Sidari and Jeff Maher: weren't they also both musicians?

13. myrklix

Nils is/was a drummer if my memory serves me correctly. I don't think I ever knew Steve or Jeff. Probably after my time there. Lots of staff had music as their passion since Berklee College is nearby and the students are easy marks. I remember once Chick Corea was in town & came to give a talk and then play in the old auditorium in the basement backed up by several hot-shot staff and a couple of regular public. Great performance.

There was also Jeannie (Deva) & Joe Scoglio, singer & drummer. I think they're out at AO or CC in L.A. doing their Voice Studio thing. Google will get you to them pronto. Also those two guys with Bristol Studios down Mass. Ave. across from Berklee - former staff now public - names slip my mind at the moment.

14. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

Steve and Jeff were on staff in 1989-1990, I'm not sure about later. Steve was the course Sup, day, and Jeff was the Course Admin, at least for a while. I remember Jeannie pretty well, and Joe Scoglio, also. Both big FSMs. Neither one, if they are still in the Church, is of interest to me. They never impressed me as other than big-money blowhards.

List, on the other hand, always struck me as a very good, independent thinker, and I was looking to get in touch with him for years after I found out he got out. Took a while. He's still very independent. My understanding is he also edits a newspaper, now.

15. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

deleted

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  16. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Lovely turn of phrase, U. God bless you.:)

17. Operating Wog

Operating Wog Patron with Honors

Tony Shepard went to NY for some ethics handling, wound up becoming ED of NYD or F for a while, then left. I saw him in a McDonalds a few years ago. He looked semi-homeless.

Vince was Fdn course sup last I knew.

I think Nanette might have left staff. Not sure.

Bishi pulled a gun on some dude in Harvard Square, or threatened to pull a gun. Got arrested. I don't think much came of it, but it kind of pulled him off lines.

Nuccio left staff years ago and was doing house painting while training and auditing.

Tom and Sue both went into the SO. Sue was an RTC auditor or something. Tom was pretty high up there, office of LRH Int or something. They split up but both seemed to persue their SO careers pretty steadily.

Lots has already been said about Mark.

18. Operating Wog

Operating Wog Patron with Honors

Alan Klebanoff broke up with Sue. He joined the SO and went to LA. I believe Sue wound up on staff in some other org. Their daughter Annie grew up to be a lesbian, which I'm sure one and all are quite horrified by. :)

Jeff Mahler, after years of loyal staff service, was deemed to be illegal due to past psych treatement. Routed out. married a girl named Kyle and moved to LA to do training.

Steve Sidare left a long time ago. Moved back to upstate NY and I don't believe was ever heard from again.

Nils was a great guy. Probably growing old in the basement. :(

19. Type4_PTS

Hi Nomad,
    If you saw a picture of me from back then you'd recognize me. For a couple years I was the first person you'd see walking into Boston Org. (On evenings/weekends anyways). I really wasn't too aware of what was happening with the Cambridge mission, or really any of them. How many staff were there when they all blew at once?
    Larry

20. Type4_PTS

Thank-You Zinj! Look forward to spending some time here. Maybe a billion years or so. ;)

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.