Brian Culkin on Scientology

Discussion in 'Scientology-related Videos' started by WildKat, Jul 12, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. Gib

Gib Crusader

I hear yah Mike Laws,

and just as an aside nothing related to Brian or anything,

quite interesting an applied religious philosophy is in fact all tied to "legal" statements signed by the folks getting the service, there goes the exchange in abundance hubbard talks about.

But as Brian says in his talk, Brian says hubbard said give a person his money back if he wants it back. And he was run thru the legal process.

2. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

I truly hope it works out well for you, Mike, and I do respect your personal judgment. I can't see it that way based on what I know, but if Brian has more to say I am certainly willing to listen. Goodness knows he does not need my approval in life, but I don't wish him ill. I was terribly angry. Now I guess I am just annoyed and incredulous. I wouldn't easily trust him, but I hope he will not make a fool of you. I think it's wonderful that you took the time to talk to him and typical of you that you try to help others. That is a strength not a weakness no matter what happens.

3. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

''

Can't make my mind up about Brian. I had thought he might just be thick but having watched most of WBM's video, that doesn't appear to be the case. I am left with the idea that he has been taken advantage of by Scientology via either or both of two means: 1) being falsely presented with an opportunity to finish his dealings with Scientology once and for all and/or 2) Scientology has something in his auditing folders which is being held over him. Hopefully we will get to see him on oath and, perhaps, be able to derive a greater understanding as to his motives. Not that they are particulaly important to the overall case, it is what it is: simple fraud. Brian's statements as to his complete lack of fear about Scientology ring true, but not his apparent claim of being afraid of Indie Dependents because of their spittle-flecked invective, nor even the silliness heaped upon him by my fellow basement-dwelling colleagues in Anonymous. It seems more of an excuse he has given to Scientology to get out of being deposed and is now being used by Scientology lawyers to drag the case out even longer.

I wonder also how this happened. Mike Rinder knows exactly how the cult operates, including its use of as many lawyers as possble so as to preclude them from litigating against the cult on "conflict of interest" grounds, so why did he involve Bob Johnson in the first place and then tell all those Indie Dependents in his little club? Again, it proves to me that if someone is taking legal action against Scientology, avoid involving the M&M Show and their associates in any core planning and implementation.

4. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

I think the big difference here is that Mike is Brian's friend. As Brian's friend, Mike has much more information than the rest of us do -- shared conversations about far-ranging subjects, time spent together, back stories, and everything else that goes into a "gut opinion" about someone's character. Likewise, Geir Isene (who defended Brian here several months ago) also knew Brian IRL.

The rest of us do not have that kind of information. Brian isn't my friend. I've never met him. Thus far, I've seen only the apparent results of what Brian did and the care he did or didn't exercise.

I continue to think he acted in an incredibly naïve and irresponsible fashion. I continue to be appalled that he seemingly thought and acted like a babe in the woods when he had plenty of foreknowledge to understand he was dealing with the devil.

From where I sit, it appears Brian was motivated partly by something akin to arrogance that made him believe he could negotiate with the Church without any legal counsel and waltz out of there without causing any harm to himself and others.

And from where I sit it also appears that he behaved in ways that reflect he cared little whether his actions would harm his prior comrades. I realize he was not a party to their litigation, although the possibility of his joining similar litigation against the Church was the subject of scores of meetings he took with them. I imagine they trusted him, too.

Maybe I'm seeing it all wrong. Maybe a very different view of all this will come clear when more facts are revealed. I look forward to learning more about what happened from Brian's deposition, when and if that happens.

Finally, I appreciate how uncomfortable Brian must be if he is indeed gagged from speaking publicly as a result of his agreement with the Church. Unfortunately, that's the price of making this deal with this devil. I hope that somehow Brian can find his voice again.

TG1

5. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

I have no problem discussing it here. Scientology attorneys are free to subpoena me. I'll wipe my ass with it & return it to them, like I did with the last 2 subpoenas.

6. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

I'm curious about the relative value of the money that was involved.
    Was it actually 350 000 bucks that was paid back to Brian? It is so much money to me
    that I could never have been in his situation to begin with, but against Brian's wealth
    and assets I get the impression it would not have mattered if he never did see it again, from a financial point of view and that he needed it back mostly balance the wrongdoing he suffered. This is a guy that lived at flag for an entire year in conditions he described as luxurious.I don't think he needed it for anything urgent.

If it's his money and he lost it through fraud then he should get it back of course, but I sort of lose sympathy and even the ability to reason when thinking about the super wealthy, just as they seem beyond reason in how they spend their loot.

Could he not have waited a little, or were they going to disconnect the electricity at his place?

7. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

8. Idle Morgue

Idle Morgue Gold Meritorious Patron

Mike - so is Brian Culkin done with it now - all done and sitting on his $350,000 feeling VGI's that he is done? Brian needs to put himself in the shoes of others that he flung under the bus for his own gain. It is unfortunate what he did and I am sad that he did that - but he did it. His video clearly shows that he understand exactly what Scientology is.

What about Luis Garcia? How many years has he lost? How much money has he lost? He bought a $65,000 cross for Super Power - so did 5 others. He spent millions and 30 years of his life in Scientology and now is waiting and waiting and waiting to expose Scientology crimes. Brian just added time, money and more nonsense to the lawsuit. How do you think he feels right now?

9. Idle Morgue

Brian was speaking out for 2 years about his experience...if the church of scientology had stuff in his PC folders to blackmail him with - they would have done it. Read what happened again - he was putting off Mike Rinder as he was talking to Scientology. He did not tell Mike Rinder he was talking to Scientology. Scientology never posted a "hate website" that I could find. What is up with that?

10. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

According to Brian's affidavit, he was prepared to hire Graham Berry to represent him, until Mike Rinder trashed Graham as incompetent & untrustworthy. I don't trust anything that comes out of Blowhard Rinder's lips.

11. Idle Morgue

I contacted Graham Berry to represent a Scientologist with tons of money on account - he said he could not do it. Mike Rinder at least is doing some damage - give him a break. He is coming out of the bubble and will join the ranks of Marty soon - never to call himself a "scientologist" again. I predicted Marty would come out and he has. He does not call himself a Scientologist and introduces other stuff to "moving up higher". The narcissist that was implanted in both by being so tight with the devil for so long may never change - but at least the two of them did not take the "buy out"! You talk about being tempted to do so - no money, no family, no job - for cripsake - those guys are doing damage. Brian Culkin is nice and comfortable - 2 years of his life - look at the exes that spent their entire lives in the cult and are reeling from it yet they continue to do damage and won't be bought!

Theodore Babbitt needs to see Brian Culkin's video of his experience at Flag - should pose some interesting questions on his deposition!!

12. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

Have you seen this affidavit?

13. Idle Morgue

Go to Tony Ortega's blog - the entire unfolding of what happened is there - read the affidavit the Church of Scientology filed with the Courts to have all of the people on Luis Garcia's side removed from the case - the attorney's, Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder etc.

The Church claims on one site - that Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder were fired from Scientology and they never worked in management.:whistling:
    • :omg:

In the Luis Garcia case - they want them removed from the case due to their involvement with management.:omg:

May I have a hearty WTF for this insanity? That should fare well in the courts!! :whistling:

14. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Gold Meritorious Patron

Yeah, I wrote and signed checks payable to L Ron Hubbard for over 100,000 (1972 dollars) and they described me as a 'low level staffer'... Scientology LIES.

15. Boson Wog Stark

Boson Wog Stark Patron Meritorious

One possible explanation for Scientology not posting a hate website about Brian was that they were particularly sensitive about his story, and the potential power in it to do damage to their image. I think the full dimensions of that, for me at least, didn't come out until this video, how dangerous Brian was to them.

For the cult, the time they may have seen its potential was the St. Pete Times story.

Rinder and Rathbun for example, have very complicated back-stories that most of the public ignore because they can't grasp what's going on, and existing clams can write them off as entheta or PTS.

Brian, on the other hand, has a relatively simple story and it goes to the heart of The Money Machine -- the high fees Scientology charges to brainwash adherents and the system used to extract as much money as they can as efficiently as possible once you are in their grip.

I'll give you an example. If I had not seen Tom Cruise with Matt Lauer, and then the Tom Cruise video, I might not have have noticed Scientology.

Instead, if I had seen Debbie Cook talking about being slapped, and having her fingers bent back by the leader of Scientology's secretary, I might have not noticed it. I mean, come on, people are being shot and tortured. Without understanding more details, it's difficult to understand.

However, the Culkin story, with him paying $350,000 in a year for his therapy/religious education/ability booster designed by this science fiction writer -- THAT is attention grabbing to a member of the public. You think, "Wow, it costs that much!" I mean I wouldn't pay $50 for a class in this cuckoo, but people are paying $350,000? And they picked him up for the airport and squeezed money out of him, phoning in a credit card donation before he got to the Crazy Hotel?

Then there's the tax situation, where if Brian were to hit the mainstream media, talking about how they are supposed to give your money back -- "Hubbard said so" -- and then he is offered $25,000 after being squeezed out of $350,000.

16. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Yep. Being in the vicinity of the dublicious cult is like being in a house of mirrors and the house of terror at the circus all at the same time. The cult is soo manipulative that is strong arms one into fighting/taking action against oneself and in this case apparently sprouting harm against oneself, one's beliefs and even true friends.

This is one of the aspects of scientology that demonstrates its evil. I am only guessing, but I believe the cult preyed on Brian's inate ability to trust, and that is a common denominator in all its actions. I would say this is very typical of scientology in its identity of an archetype of the Devil. Capture the angels and turn them against all that is good.

The cult's constant betrayal instigates and breeds more betrayal by all that it touches. Following in the [STRIKE]old man's[/STRIKE] lost tormented soul's footsteps of L ron the CON hubbard. Never a good path.

I am so glad that so glad that more and more are stepping of this path, and probably even more are warned away from ever trodding it.

17. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Lol, Duplicity.. yes courts love duplicity. Cult lawyers might want to leave their bar memberships protected in the Trementina vault before going into court with Babbit.

18. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

DOX PLOX.

I thought Marty had stopped calling himself an "Independent Scientologist" but remains quite happy with the label "Scientologist". He's certainly offering to provide Scientology services, if his latest post is anything to go by. There's even a bunch of success stories, although he's not calling them "success stories" as such.

19. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

^^^^
    Marty stopped calling himself a Scientologist a while ago. It was noted somewhere on his blog but also reported at the end of the recent Channel 4 UK report by the narrator.

20. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

Infinite, I'm sending you to cramming.

From now on every day you must read Marty's blog and all new comments three times through, Method One star-rated, with clay demos. Post your daily compliance reports to this thread.

And do try to keep up.

:hysterical:

TG1