ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Bugs in the Brain

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Dulloldfart, Jan 20, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Without seeming to support the pseudo-science inherent in the concept <g> the point of the 'zapper' seems to be to generate a 'frequency' or pulsed voltage, which, in the case of 'tapping' is just the most primiitve method.

Since we're just talking 9 volts, all you need to make a better one yourself is a variable resistor, a capacitor and some wire.

Here's an example:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/Electronic/relaxo.html#c2

Go to the library and look for any circuit diagram for a 'blinker' circuit. You should be able to vary the frequency with the variable resistor. Naturally, if you want some *specific* frequency, things get more complicated :)

Zinj

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

She gives a complete circuit diagram in the book I referenced, along with Radio Shack part numbers.

She is adamant about things that do and don't work with regard to zapper circuits: some work and others might make the bugs stronger. :)

Just any old make-and-break circuit doesn't work. Since we don't really know the mechanism behind its workability, it's kinda hard to improve on it without doing a bunch of empirical research.

If its "workability" is in doubt, that's fine, I'm not particularly trying to convince anyone.

Paul

3. Tanstaafl

Tanstaafl Crusader

And after all I've done for you! :melodramatic:

That does it. When I've finished my time machine I'm inviting everyone to give it a spin except you. :yes:

4. Zinjifar

Well, I'm just saying that *any* basic blinker circuit would be superior to 'tapping' for creating a pulsed voltage, from once every few seconds to hundreds of times a second, but, I'm not even qualified to recommend variations in OCD rituals, much less anti-parasite frequencies :)

Zinj

5. George Glass

George Glass Patron

6. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

actually Paul I like you too much to go picking on you every time you say embrace something I consider ridiculous. Part of my New Years Resolutions was to live and let live.

I will not promise not to laugh though.

7. Dulloldfart

But I like you picking on what I say, Mick, both you and Zinj. Because just as you think some of what I say is twaddle, I think some of what you say is twaddle.

It's real dull here if there aren't contrary views on things.

Especially dumb ones. :)

Paul

8. Zinjifar

Here's hoping that my twaddle includes actual 'workable' suggestions for rube-goldbergianizing the unicorn in the closet; even if I don't believe in unicorns :)

I do try (sometimes) to take paradigms at their own measure and work with them. In fact, it's one of the more interesting things to do with Hubbardism, since it isn't even *internally* consistent.

Zinj

9. Dulloldfart

The twaddle is twaddle. But a lot of the rest is useful. :)

Paul

10. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

LOL!!

11. Romuva

Romuva Patron Meritorious

Still I admire Paul's cost-effective alternatives.

Free Scientology=Not worth spending any money on.

12. Zinjifar

Free Food?....

Show Me The Calories!!! :)

Zinj

13. Div6

Div6 Crusader

These dudes

http://www.quantafoods.com/

appear to be doing some interesting work re: super nutrition and handling the bodies "needs". I just got one of their products today.....

14. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

But the trouble is, Paul, that arguing back and forth where neither party is there to learn, is worthless. I enjoy a good fight - probably too much. I have realized that if I get into an argument where I am merely trying to beat down the opposing view, I am not arguing, just bullying.

I respect you too much to just go off on every idea you post about. Even if I disagree with almost everything you post about. Plus - I don't have that much time. :)

15. Dulloldfart

As you wish, Mick. :)

Paul