ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Can You Be a Christian Scientologist? (Juliette Lewis Says YES in New Interview)

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Type4_PTS, Dec 11, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

Re: Can You Be a Christian Scientologist? (Juliette Lewis Says YES in New Interview

If the Hubturd is correct, and Christianity comes about as the result of 'implants' that were electronically forced into the souls of murdered space-aliens, abducted to Earth and killed by exploding volcanoes...

Why would you give the ghost of a murdered space-alien an implant that would have no relevance for 75+ million years? It's only in the last 2,000 years (approximately) that Christianity has been relevant to those 'thetans'. The rest of the time, those 'implants' meant nothing. What kind of evil plot is that? A retarded one.

Just one more reason why Scientology's backstory is ludicrous... if any were needed.

Can you still be a Christian Scientologist? Only if you prefix it with 'deluded', I would think.

2. PtolemyGlenn

PtolemyGlenn Patron

Re: Can You Be a Christian Scientologist? (Juliette Lewis Says YES in New Interview

Very amusing, what thoughts came from someone lkke Hubbard who was friends with Satanists.

He had to deny Heaven as where he is, is much warmet.

Maybe instead of inveti.g his own false history he should have studied more. There is more histkrical fact Jesus existed than Julius Ceasar, and nk one doubts Ceasars existence.

3. Re: Can You Be a Christian Scientologist? (Juliette Lewis Says YES in New Interview

yes, yes, yes, yes, yes S&L, i know all about the wild and wacky world of elron

and...

i also know the simple basic principles of auditing

i make good use of the latter and am unperturbed by the former

after all, as d'nazz informs us; "if it does not appear foolish it is not the true wisdom"

4. Claire Swazey

Claire Swazey Spokeshole, fence sitter

I don't think he meant that Jesus didn't exist. I think he meant no Christ. Not the same thing.

If he really said "The man on the cross, there is no Christ" he was not denying that a guy named Jesus was crucified. He's saying Jesus was not the Christ. The Christos was "the anointed".

In any event, safe to say, Hubbard was not Christian and did not like Christianity and later adopted a cross as a logo of Scn and said it was pandenominational. Doesn't look too honest, does it.

5. Re: Can You Be a Christian Scientologist? (Juliette Lewis Says YES in New Interview

hoo boy!

as it happens, i know some very decent people who practice psychiatry including christians

however i don't think frying my father's brain with ECT was very christian

nor was the "treatment" i received when subjected to coerced drugging, brainwashing, beating, rape and other wonderful things which have made my life so interesting

6. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

And my position is that a Christian will only become a "Christian Scientologist" when s/he is deceived up front about the true incompatibilities between Christianity and Scientology.

I disagree.

The study and practice of auditing is designed to lead a person to realize that Christianity is the result of implanted beliefs from aliens earlier on our whole track.

Did you not read the red on white Technical Bulletins that Hubbard wrote?

That stuff was written for auditors, case supervisors, etc. And it's not presented as opinion, it's presented as fact based upon scientific research.

Scientology is designed in such a way as to convert Christians into only Scientologists, to make them realize that Christianity is complete and utter BS.

Read this again Bird, and then maybe do a clay demo. :whistling:

7. Type4_PTS

Yep, people can believe whatever they want to believe. I take no issue with that, as long as they aren't harming others.

But when people fraudulently misrepresent scientology as being compatible with Christianity with the intent of recruiting them into scientology, it IS harming others. And I do have a big problem with that.

8. Re: Can You Be a Christian Scientologist? (Juliette Lewis Says YES in New Interview

i can read it and understand it

and it doesn't seem to hve had the intended effect on me

pitsy, i continue to use skills i developed inside CoS for the wellbeing of others

OK, it is so...

no...

one cannot be both a christian and a scientologist within the cited parameters

they expect christians and jews etc to "cognite" on scn as the ultimate truth

well...

it went the other way with me...

i didn't know how much of a christian i was back then. i am, among other things, a scientist and had mny rational doubts. and eventually it was nohig so much as sientology that made me realize how chritian i am

9. Type4_PTS

Yes, he really did say it. Here's an audio clip for anyone who doubts it:

10. Type4_PTS

Merry Christmas to all the "Christian Scientologists" out there! :coolwink::)

(all 3 of you) :biggrin:

Click on picture to make larger:
    SantaMarleyBob_zps2f29f4e9.jpg