What's new

Can You Be a Christian Scientologist? (Juliette Lewis Says YES in New Interview)

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Well, won't it be funny if she is still a lower level PC and one day routes onto ot3 to find what she has poopooed as sci fi is the real deal she has been after......and she was exposed to all along by, OMG, 'wogs'?

Will she wonder why now after that Vanity interview all her auditors are ot3 or above.... will she even notice?

When she finds out will she wonder if that person who interviewed her afterwards just freewheeled off and died? LOL !

Sindy

Crusader
That's unfair Synthia! Requiring Scientology Spokesclams to *know* that they're lying would put them at a disadvantage.

Zinj

LOL. Well, let's just look at this from a different vantage point.

Later on, when Julliette knows the truth, will she be glad she made these statements to the press or will she feel used?

If the celebs were coached to say, "You know, I really don't know the answer to your question regarding Xenu because, I haven't done that level yet", then later the celeb would demand to know the truth because he/she would feel stupid for feeling off guard and "not knowing" in which case, they would feel a bit of disaffection towards the church and that would be their eventual undoing.

But, if you coach them to have an exact answer that works everytime, even though it goes uninspected by the celeb, then the celeb gets through the interview and moves on with life without any nagging questions. I used to work for the CC network. Believe me, these people are coached. It's not a matter of them saying what they believe or don't believe. It's about saying what they are supposed to.

Don't get my wrong, I like her. I don't think she is purposefully trying to harm. She's a dupe like everybody else in there and like we were.

Last edited:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
still, I'm willing to grant ignorance as an excuse. Including ignorance about 'what's a christian?'

Is she willing to lie? Well, sure. Is she willing to remain ignorant beyond what would usually qualify as depraved indifference? You betcha.

Can I think she actually *believes* what she says despite its ignorant and even nonsensical content? Yeah, I'm afraid I can.

Mark, on the other hand, is not ignorant :)

Zinj

Free Being Me

Crusader
LOL. Well, let's just look at this from a different vantage point.

Later on, when Julliette knows the truth, will she be glad she made these statements to the press or will she feel used?

If the celebs were coached to say, "You know, I really don't know the answer to your question regarding Xenu because, I haven't done that level yet", then later the celeb would demand to know the truth because he/she would feel stupid for feeling off guard and "not knowing" in which case, they would feel a bit of disaffection towards the church and that would be their eventual undoing.

But, if you coach them to have an exact answer that works everytime, even though it goes uninspected by the celeb, then the celeb get through the interview and moves on with life without any nagging questions. I use to work for the CC network. Believe me, these people are coached. It's not a matter of them saying what they believe or don't believe. It's about saying what they are supposed to.

Don't get my wrong, I like her. I don't think she is purposefully trying to harm. She's a dupe like everybody else in there and like we were.

:goodposting:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
What you ought to ask yourself is: why does that matter to you?

I don't know why it matters to Synthia but I'll tell you why it matters to me: here we have a celebrity, a role model if you like, endorsing an evil cult by telling lies.

Sindy

Crusader
<snip>

What you ought to ask yourself is: why does that matter to you?

Mark A. Baker

Because it would get pretty boring on this message board if I always responded that I didn't care. Ya know, being an opinion board and all....Otherwise, in real life, it's not on the top of my list of mental priorities :D

Mark, on the other hand, is not ignorant :)

Zinj

True, however unlike yourself, Z, I'm gracious enough to allow that the blandishments that come out of the mouth of anyone who styles himself a "christian" of any sort is most likely heartfelt. I believe that Ms. Lewis herself believes what she is saying, hence from that perspective she is not lying. And none of the people challenging her expression of faith have either accurate information which contradicts Ms. Lewis' profession of faith, nor more importantly any right to so challenge her expressions of personal faith.

Mark A. Baker

Sindy

Crusader
I don't know why it matters to Synthia but I'll tell you why it matters to me: here we have a celebrity, a role model if you like, endorsing an evil cult by telling lies.

Yes, could be. At this point, the church is making the celebs look stupid, IMO.

Sindy

Crusader
True, however unlike yourself, Z, I'm gracious enough to allow that the blandishments that come out of the mouth of anyone who styles himself a "christian" of any sort is most likely heartfelt. I believe that Ms. Lewis herself believes what she is saying, hence from that perspective she is not lying. And none of the people challenging her expression of faith have either accurate information which contradicts Ms. Lewis' profession of faith, nor more importantly any right to so challenge her expressions of personal faith.

Mark A. Baker

Mark, do you think that once a person gets on to the OT levels and finds out what LRH really thought of Jesus Christ, that it's still compatible with Christianity? I ask this in all sincerity.

Veda

Sponsor
Jump ahead to 3:55 in this interview of Scientology Celebrity, and Scientologist her entire life, Kate Caberano (born 1966), and her husband. The subject of Christmas didn't come up, but there was a question about "aliens." Compare the answer to JL's answer. This is pat PR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KTTirB9ZFo

Perhaps someone can assemble a collection of clips of Scientology Celebrities lying about Scientology, especially about "aliens," "OT 3," and "Xenu." I know there is video out there.

Lying (about Scientology) is a Scientology sacrament.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Lol, Veda, I was just searching for this exact video.
Here we see 2 "OTs" lying to protect the Xenu/alien "secret".
It's the same lie (shore story) but these two KNOW it's a lie.

Veda

Sponsor
Lol, Veda, I was just searching for this exact video.
Here we see 2 "OTs" lying to protect the Xenu/alien "secret".
It's the same lie (shore story) but these two KNOW it's a lie.

So does JL, the woman is 37 years old. Do you think she's been a "stalled Dianetic Clear" for the last 10 or 15 years? Why do you assume she hasn't done OT 3? Perhaps someone can check that out too. How likely is it that JL would respond like a trained PR, and yet be "stalled" on her "Bridge"?

Perhaps someone can unearth that mystery too. Where is JL on the "Bridge"?

If she, with her mean$, and being surrounded by Scientology her entire life, hasn't done OT 3, then I'd be surprised.

Are we also supposed to assume that she's never seen a copy of 'History of Man', and its "cold blooded and factual account of your sixty trillion years"?

I imagine she's having a good laugh over having played the "I'm a Christian 'angle'" on a "wog" reporter.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
So does JL, the woman is 37 years old. Do you think she's been a "stalled Dianetic Clear" for the last 10 or 15 years? Why do you assume she hasn't done OT 3? Perhaps someone can check that out too. How likely is it that JL would respond like a trained PR, and yet be "stalled" on her "Bridge"?

Perhaps someone can unearth that mystery too. Where is JL on the "Bridge"?

If she, with her mean$, and being surrounded by Scientology her entire life, hasn't done OT 3, then I'd be surprised.

Are we also supposed to assume that she's never seen a copy of 'History of Man', and its "cold blooded and factual account of your sixty trillion years"?

I imagine she's having a good laugh over having played the "I'm a Christian 'angle'" on a "wog" reporter.
I don't assume any such thing. I have asked the question 2 or 3 times on this thread, "Is she ignorant of the facts or is she knowingly lying?" Noone has answered the question I asked but the assumption that she's knowingly lying is possibly a reasonable assumption.

Last edited:
Mark, do you think that once a person gets on to the OT levels and finds out what LRH really thought of Jesus Christ, that it's still compatible with Christianity? I ask this in all sincerity.

NOTHING in the Code of a Scientologist, the Creed, or the tech dictionary definition of a scientologist require conformity with the beliefs or views of L. Ron Hubbard. Arguably the most suppressive aspect of church practices has been the perpetuation that such is required.

I never agreed to LRH as ultimate arbiter. I do not see a need to accept LRH's opinions in order to personally benefit from gains in auditing at ANY level of the scientology bridge. Ergo, I see no reason to suggest that anyone else MUST conform their own views to coincide with Hubbard's in all things.

If a person wants to be a christian scientologist it matters nought to me if he is on Grade 0 or a completion on OT VIII. It's his right to work out for himself what he believes and what he professes. Any other attitude would constitute an implicit violation of the Code, Creed, and failure to recognize each individual's fundamental responsibility as a spiritual entity.

Those individuals who are not members of the Co$ and who do not accord an individual of the right to his own beliefs are acting in exactly the same fashion as those SO members within the Co$ who seek to enforce universally "command intention" as a requisite belief system for all who would wish to use scientology practices to better their own lives. It is simply another way of enforcing one's own beliefs onto another, not so different from that which they claim to have left behind.

What Ms. Lewis chooses to believe is for her to decide.

Mark A. Baker

Wisened One

Crusader

Same here. I wish to know in all sincerity, as well. Oh and I wish to add to Synthia's question to also encompass what lrh said of Heaven, Hell, the Helatrobus Implant, and the like, etc...how one could still sincerely believe in and practice Christianity (or any other mainstream religion for that matter) with that supposed knowledge as a scn....

I don't assume any such thing. I have asked the question 2 or 3 times on this thread, "Is she ignorant of the facts or is she knowingly lying?" Noone has answered the question I asked but the asumption that she's knowingly lying is possibly a reasonable assumption.

Most likely no one on the board has the information available to answer the question accurately and truthfully. All that has been offered against Ms. Lewis profession so far has been a lot of hot-headed opinions spoken apparently out of a misdirected anger.

Mark A. Baker

Veda

Sponsor
I don't assume any such thing. I have asked the question 2 or 3 times on this thread, "Is she ignorant of the facts or is she knowingly lying?" Noone has answered the question I asked but the asumption that she's knowingly lying is possibly a reasonable assumption.

Fine. I was going by your last post. And haven't read all your posts on this thread. Perhaps I shouldn't have responded to your post, since you're in grudge mode. I'd rather not have any part of your grudge mentality at this time. Let's try to avoid each other. OK?

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
Most likely no one on the board has the information available to answer the question accurately and truthfully. All that has been offered against Ms. Lewis profession so far has been a lot of hot-headed opinions spoken apparently out of a misdirected anger.

Mark A. Baker

That's because we're a bunch of haters, Baker. By-passed charge cases.

Can you help us be like you, and become Scientologists again?

Please help us.

Big Farmer

Patron with Honors
NOTHING in the Code of a Scientologist, the Creed, or the tech dictionary definition of a scientologist require conformity with the beliefs or views of L. Ron Hubbard.

Lurking mostly recently, but this statement caught my attention.

Is this the *if it's true for you* thing ?:confused2: