What's new

Candy Swanson about Hubbard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A drugged out man in his 50s taking teenagers and young adults less than half his age on the high seas in a decrepit ship and treating them as if they were in his military

Does anyone else find this extremely creepy?

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Very interesting stories.

If you have any more that grabs your attention, please post them.

The stories of those that had been in the early days of Scientology are usually interesting (at least to me).

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
Too long to watch for me but I was trying to see if she thought he was a good guy or a nut job or both. I was only able to watch 4 minutes she sounded like she thought he was wonderful. Or does she get into the depravity and the punishment later? Just curious.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Hmm.. Sharone.. Did you attend Candy's school?

FWIW, I think Candy must have been VERY good with the kids. That's just an impression I get from listening to all these videos...

And I just love that little romantic story about her and Alan Walter.

:yes:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Thanks for posting this one, Sharone. I should not have judged by the first one, which was kind of rambling as others have posted. This one about Alan Walters and her affair on the ship ( along with her admission to creating stats use in Scn, the MSH letter to the IRS) is very good.

You are right when you say
"I think Candy speaks very eloquently,the videos are very insightful and give a rare glmpse iinto Hubbards World on the Apollo. "

:thumbsup: Candy :)

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thanks for posting this one, Sharone. I should not have judged by the first one, which was kind of rambling as others have posted. This one about Alan Walters and her affair on the ship ( along with her admission to creating stats use in Scn, the MSH letter to the IRS) is very good.

You are right when you say
"I think Candy speaks very eloquently,the videos are very insightful and give a rare glmpse iinto Hubbards World on the Apollo. "

:thumbsup: Candy :)

AnonyMary,

Some may think these videos are rambling, but if you had been on the Apollo, like I was, then you would find snippets of detail in amongst all the videos that sheds a lot of light of life on the ship of fools.

I originally watched some of the videos of Candy with Aida Thomas, something niggled me the whole time and I just got annoyed, then stopped watching them.I now know what was niggling me, so Might give them another go.

For anyone interested in researching life on the Apollo and an insight into Hubbards mind and technology,then these videos are a must see.

I'll see what else I can come up with.

SchwimmlePuckle,

I don't remember Candy. If she was the tutor, when I went on board, then I must have been in her class. However, I only attended about three times, the first time I went, Quentin Hubbard was present.

I wonder if there was another tutor at some time, as I had an e-mail from someone, sometime ago now claiming to have been my tutor on the Apollo.

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
I think Candy is the typical examle of an 'old timer' who has used her past in $cn to her own personal and financial advantage. The fact that she was on the Appollo worked with Hubbard and was the 'first person to do expanded OT3' and all these matters is a fabulous CV when 'in' the cult.
Notice she is very good at name dropping.
This is how $cn works.
You get yourself up to the OT levels, then use this to make money and a comfortable lifestyle for yourself, and it is good for business to have rubbed shoulders with the people she mentions.
So, infact she made it into this 'Elite' group and started up her own thing with the celebrities, as she clearly describes.
That's how it works, as you then start making money off these people that look up to you with your wonderful past and obvious OT abilities, which are sort of proven, as you have made it and are making money etc.

The anecdotes and stories then become like the tales Hubbard would tell his slaves on the ship.
She has obvioulsy told these stories before, and of course it's not fitting that she recognised Hubbarad to be abusive or mean, no that wouldn't look so good for her would it.
So, as it is with old tales, you just remember the good bits.

I'm sure she is a lovely person, bubbly and does not look her age at all.
But in a way it is people like her that commit the crime of not telling of the bad things they saw and the adverse effects of the 'tech'.
There are quite a few of this type about, who just choose to remember the good old days.:yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.