What's new

Candy Swanson about Hubbard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

purple haze

Patron with Honors
Arguably not enough. The noble example of Alcestis is lost upon a modern and dissolute generation.

O tempore! O more!

Mark A. Baker :melodramatic:

So very nice to see you and feel your touch last Friday, Mark. Too bad it was under such sad circumstances!

I love your history buff, you hunk!

aloha nui loa,
purple haze

purple haze

Patron with Honors
It's like having dinner really. You can call your mashed potato "custard" and the actual custard could be eaten on the same plate as the main course, and who says language should restrict that to being eaten or used as a piano stool?
This very post would make an interesting line with which to talk to girls. So no need to pay for lunch.

AWESOME POST, DB!

purple haze

Patron with Honors
You make some good points! I was just saying that she advanced more than the other 3 whom you named. Admittedly, that isn't saying much but at least she didn't run away but stood up and took the heat. The way DM and his regime treated her is absolutely disgusting. Just knowing that one piece of data should be sufficient grounds to cause one to leave C of S.
Lakey

VERY WELL POSTED, LAKEY!

purple haze

Patron with Honors
By the way, as I head out of town today, my thoughts and prayers are with the parents and families of the deceased when early this morning a crazy man shot at 71 people attending a movie opening in a theater in Aurora, Colorodo.
Aloha and namaste,
purple haze

AND THE TRUTH WILL OUT

Maria Cuervo

Gold Meritorious Patron
By the way, as I head out of town today, my thoughts and prayers are with the parents and families of the deceased when early this morning a crazy man shot at 71 people attending a movie opening in a theater in Aurora, Colorodo.
Aloha and namaste,
purple haze

AND THE TRUTH WILL OUT

Namaste was the big greeting in the LOST TV series.

Hm. Those folks who went to the Island (shot in Hawaii) with thoughts of building a utopia.

It's one of my favorite shows of ALL time. Thank you for reminding me Candy!

purple haze

Patron with Honors
Namaste was the big greeting in the LOST TV series.

Hm. Those folks who went to the Island (shot in Hawaii) with thoughts of building a utopia.

It's one of my favorite shows of ALL time. Thank you for reminding me Candy!

Hi Maria,
LOST was filmed mostly on the North Shore of Oahu, where I'm from. I loved watching it just for the scenery!
Aloha,
Purple Haze

JustSheila

Crusader
When Candy first arrived, I misunderstood and misjudged her. I am ashamed to say that I did not give her the nice greeting she deserved, but instead refused to believe her and posted questions and doubts on her story and character. Definitely not one of my finer moments, to say the least.

It was a terrible mistake in judgement on my part. Later, others corrected the misinformation I had, as well as my misconceptions.

For the last few days I've been struggling to find the right way to express my regrets, apologize to Candy and present a more accurate picture of her. This is going to take more than one post, it's never going to be good enough (to make up for misjudging someone so kind-hearted, years later. What an ass I've been), but it is a start. Candy, if there is anything the least bit inaccurate in this information, please correct it, k? I am sorry. Really sorry for misjudging you and never really giving you a chance, for distrusting you, for my unfounded doubts, and for having the idiocy to think in the first place that I could or should ever judge anybody. :sorry:

First, to dispel some unverified rumors that were around - Candy never had a 2D with Lakey. Tatiana that videos her is not the Tatiana who was involved with that big mess where she took it upon herself to spy on COS. Tatiana in Candy's video is Tatiana B, a different person with nothing like that in her background.

A Summary of Facts Regarding Candy Swanson from Other Sources that may not be Clear on this Thread or in her Videos

Candy does, indeed have an MSW and her specialty is marriage counseling and she has years of successful experience. She is well-liked in the Indie/Ex/FZ community and has many friends. She was also trained to Class VIII.

History in Scientology:

Candy Swanson was active in scientology from 1966 until 1973, when she left. She was introduced to scientology by Ira Chaleff, in NYC when she was 18 but wasn't interested until she ran into him again in SF and took the comm course and liked it. She and Ira were married for a few years or so and both continued on in scn for some years.

Alan Walter knew Candy well and for a while they had a relationship, which she talks about on one of her vids (while they were both on the Apollo). They were close friends, and Candy was a loyal friend to Alan and Alan acknowledges this and spoke well of Candy.

Roger B, "It was Alan who spoke highly of her and revealed she (without naming her at first) saved his (Alan's) rear end by revealing to him LRH and MSH plot to steal his missions and falsely report him to the IRS on "owed taxes."

It was Alan that reveal he had a relationship with the girl in the Comm Center . . . which she subsequently revealed was true as she was "the girl."

It is all on Alan's thread "Opening Pan. ora's Box"
Alan’s Pandora’s Box
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...S-BOX-Part-One
. . . and also: Crimes and deceit by Hubbard . . . Alan’s Been Kidnapped:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...artial-story!)

Edit: added info . . . for anyone really wanting facts, get hold of Ira . . . he is alive and well operating a consulting business here in the US . . .he's on Linkedin, etc . . . . indeed, I posted on him here on ESMB . . . do a search trick on his name."

Candy Swanson (continued)

Although Candy does not mention the abuses of scn on her vids, she brings up numerous abuses many times on this thread. She also stated (on this thread) that one of the reasons she didn't bring up the abuses on her vids was because the two people with her making them liked scientology so she thought she'd keep it light and upbeat (not exact words, but that's basically what she said.)

People recover from the abuses of scn in their own, individual ways and in their own time. Also, not everyone is comfortable on camera. Candy's full personality didn't come through on camera for me. I misunderstood her, I misjudged her. I was so wrong about her I could kick myself.

Candy Swanson trained through Class VIII. She earned a Masters Degree in Social Work. That takes quite a bit of intelligence and perseverance. She has been counseling many years with that degree and Social Work is a hard, hard area to stay in. From my experience, those who go into social work do it for only one reason - because they have big, huge hearts and want to reach out and help those at the very bottom of society who need it the most. It's sure not for the money or prestige, cause there isn't much of that. They work with their hands tied behind their backs, basically, because there are so many rules and regulations. She survived that and in fact, did exceedingly well, for years.

I will write a more comprehensive summary of her background in scn later in the week, but just had to get this one off without any more delay.

Candy, I am so sorry I misjudged you. Of course you don't have to forgive me, but please don't hate me and don't stay away from ESMB because of me. I hope this helps in some small way, and I hope that anyone else who may have misunderstood you can understand you a bit more clearly now.

(Thanks to Terril and Roger B for correcting me, too)

Love to ya, Candy. I'm glad you're out. You're a nice woman and a good person.

Sheila

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Tatiana that videos her is not the Tatiana who was involved with that big mess where she took it upon herself to spy on COS.

Are you referring to the "tampon-cam" lady? If so, her name is nothing like Tatiana, although she is Russian. I could give her real name, but it's not that important.

Paul

JustSheila

Crusader
Are you referring to the "tampon-cam" lady? If so, her name is nothing like Tatiana, although she is Russian. I could give her real name, but it's not that important.

Paul

Yes, I mean her. Tatiana was a fake name she gave early on.

Thanks, I don't want to know her real name. I could find it easily anyway, but Karen De La Carriere has forgiven her, so incident forgotten, as far as I'm concerned.

(I've learned my lesson. :blush:)

ethercat

Cat in flight
For the last few days I've been struggling to find the right way to express my regrets, apologize to Candy and present a more accurate picture of her. This is going to take more than one post, it's never going to be good enough (to make up for misjudging someone so kind-hearted, years later. What an ass I've been), but it is a start. Candy, if there is anything the least bit inaccurate in this information, please correct it, k?

...snip...

I will write a more comprehensive summary of her background in scn later in the week, but just had to get this one off without any more delay.

Sheila, it isn't up to you to tell this person's story, she will tell it if she can and wants to.

I wish I could understand why you feel the need to make posts containing such copious amounts of information about other people, what is essentially a dossier on someone else. Can you explain that to me?

JustSheila

Crusader
Ethercat, have I not made clear on my post that nearly all I said was already stated on this same thread by Candy, by her own posts and vids, from the Class VIII to her husband to her MSW?

Did I not give Roger's direct quote which confirms Candy's story?

I don't see how you can misunderstand my post the way you did, I really can't. Your interpretation is wrong. I cleared up two minor items, which I felt was my responsibility. People add info to threads all the time to give background info. Beyond the (complimentary) background info that merely supports Candy's story, there is nothing new here that Candy has not already personally stated. I don't understand at all what you think you're reading, but these are the things Candy stated on this thread and in her vids and it is all accurate and complimentary, as well as information she personally chose and chooses to be publicly known. There is no violation of privacy or integrity going on. I chose to apologize for a misconception, don't make more out of this than it is. I did nothing wrong and you are misunderstanding. The others here may know her and her story better, because they did not misunderstand my post in the way you have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.