What's new

Cant leave...

Random guy

Patron with Honors
Hallo Lorna.

Numerous people read this board, not only Xes. Be sure not to give out too much information that can help them track you down.

I don't believe they will be able to recover you any longer. What you have read will remain with you. They may make life uncomfortable for you though, and make you pay just to get out of your hair. Do not fall for that trap. They never erase anyone from the folds. If they have discovered you can be squeezed or guilt tripped for money, they will be back for more.

Your idea of getting out and about is good. Don't wallow at home. It time you may find it advisable to change to a new phone number.

Good luck!

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey, sorry for never responding or updating! I'm totally new to message boards so I only check the messages here once in a while or I just read.
But I'm doing okay. I still haven't been back to the Org but people are calling and e-mailing me all the time now. It's making me a little nervous but knew this was going to happen, I've heard from you all and as I left so suddenly this is what you can expect, but I'm still trying to pay attention to other things for now. And I like that a lot. I'm still doing everything on my own but oh well... I'm alright :)
Here is an idea you might use to handle all the calls. Tell them that you have this great business that you are starting. It's what is taking all your time and money right now but, boy, once it takes off, you'll have lots of money and then you'll get in touch for sure.

Modify as you want. The bottom line is that this is why you can't take the time right now and why money is short - "sorry, I've got to go"

When they ask you well, what is it? You say, I'm sorry, that's confidential right now, I can't risk the idea leaking out, but it's a fantastic idea.

All of that is actually true. The new business is the business of not doing Scientology. It is certainly confidential. All your time and money is going to this new venture. As this business takes off, you'll have a lot more money (that isn't going to Scientology).

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Yep.Bill's right

Just stonewall them with whatever story you go with. Keep in mind, you are dealing with true believers who cannot imagine why anyone would leave. Just fob them off with a story, stick to it, and give them the "gotta go, I was just on my way out" line when the calls are too lengthy.

You may have seen my earlier suggestion, weeks ago, about possibly finishing tbe course then slipping away. I want to explain: I never thought that was the only option. I said all along that leaving at this point also was just as possible an option. So that's good, the way you handled it.

Some people did mention the fact that the cult does a hard sell for the next service when one is graduating a course; however, before almost all of those comments were posted, I'd also mentioned that factor and how one might approach it.

Thing is, there are lots of ways to leave CofS. And-get this- Lorna, you've already left Scientology. You're out!!! You're now just fielding calls. You can hang up. You can screen your calls. You can stonewall them. You can threaten to get a restraining order. You can do something else you might come up with. Point is, you do not owe these people anything. They can't send you to ethics. You don't need to ever see them again.

You are free and in charge of your own life.

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
But I'm doing okay. I still haven't been back to the Org but people are calling and e-mailing me all the time now. It's making me a little nervous but knew this was going to happen, I've heard from you all and as I left so suddenly this is what you can expect, but I'm still trying to pay attention to other things for now. And I like that a lot. I'm still doing everything on my own but oh well... I'm alright :)

Hang in there Lorna - you won't regret it :wink2:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Hey Lorna, nice to hear from you!

Hey, sorry for never responding or updating! I'm totally new to message boards so I only check the messages here once in a while or I just read.

Don't worry too much about that. Some ESMBers may become a little worried when we don't hear from you for a longer period of time and some of us can be a bit impatient at times as well. I guess that's just because many of us do care. :)

But: The only contract you've signed when you joined this board basically merely says that you will abide by the rules set up by the board owner, admins and mods. This contract says nothing about having to make a certain minimum number of mandatory posts per month. Therefore, whether you want to read, post, or stay away from here is completely up to you.

But there's another but: Since many people here really do care, I'd say it'd be nice if you let us know how you're doing every once in a while. :wink2:

So far so good. :thumbsup:

About the part I made bold: Please don't let your inner self and/or your home become your prison. Even if you enjoy doing things on your own, please don't encapsulate yourself and don't become "Lorna at home, alone." At least every once in a while, go out, meet new people, communicate and make some new friends. Build your own network of nice, reliable non-cultish people.

There are so many lovely and helpful people in this world, so why not go out and meet them? You may meet the occasional asshole too, but so what? Just shrug them off and move on to nicer folks.

:cheers:, MrN :)