ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Charges against Eastgate dropped: Gee that sucks!

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by HelluvaHoax!, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I have no more hard info than anyone else here. But you can bet the farm on the assumption that the CofS has not been sitting back twiddling their thumbs hoping it would all come out all right (for them) in the end.

Here is a link to that excellent article, Scientology's foolproof method of judge tampering. Anyone near to the CofS in a legal arena needs to know the info in that article. It is not only applicable to a judge.

Again, I have no idea of exactly what happened leading up to the decision to drop (some or all of) the charges.

Paul

2. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Charges have been dropped for whatever reason but has that changed public opinion of either the cult or Jan Eastgate?:no:

Will there be a large proportion of people who believe Jan is innocent of the charges?:no:

Will this somehow exonerate the cult for its many, varied and now very well-known atrocities?:no:

I'm sure that sighs of relief have been heard at Int and Hemet as well as CLO in Sydney, but this is just another battle that the cult has managed to stop from being totally annihilated in. They have a lot more they are fighting and not winning at, even if they manage to buy off the attack at the last minute.:yes:

The real victories are the number of individuals who walk out of the cult and never go back.

And on that front, the cult IS being annihilated.

3. anondelmundial

anondelmundial Patron with Honors

4. Emma

Emma Con te partirò Administrator

Not happy. :angry:

5. LA SCN

LA SCN NOT drinking the kool-aid

Me too. :angry:

Once again the Cult of Greed slips through the noose. :angry:

6. Cherished

Cherished Silver Meritorious Patron

Details on Lateline tonight. Like, in a few minutes.

No settlement. No, Carmen did not withdraw her testimony.

7. Cherished

Cherished Silver Meritorious Patron

Excellent post, Scoots. That's how I feel too.

8. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

In addition to Nick Xenophon, A Current Affair. Would they still be interested in this business?

I would agree with Emma as well. I would have assumed it would be in the public interest to know why charges of this degree of seriousness are dropped without an appropriate public statement.

The DPP should have been aware of a public interest in this.

But the Australian legal system is an entity unto itself. Many things happen here without any rhyme or reason. Our laws can be quite different to the US sometimes.

9. Feral

Feral Rogue male

On the bolded; Nah.

One could jump to a conclusion like that, but the truth is far, far stranger. When LateLine airs in a few minutes more shall be made clear.

This is reminiscent of the failings in the Headley wage matter, the initial French case and the Fairwork Ombudsman's case against the cult.

It's enough to make you chew your damn leg off.

10. GoNuclear

GoNuclear Gold Meritorious Patron

I posted this link before, but here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOQzmtU1SjM&feature=player_embedded

What is the point? The govt. puppets for the real powers that be compromise themselves. This is part of the deal so they are controllable. In return, they get all sorts of kewl perks. At some point, they might even enjoy the activities that they have to partake in to be properly compromised. Nobody gets to rat out the rest of the elite vermin, should any of them get an attack of concience. Perhaps not all the evidence is as tightly controlled as they would like it to be, and, if some of the evidence of the compromising activity fell into the hands of certain bottom feeders such as the PI's that work for the Cof$, the Cof$ could get a free ride. Or, perhaps the Cof$ sets up certain key targets with child prostitutes and then goes to work with a camera. I don't put it past them.

Pete

11. Zhent

Zhent Leakus Maximus

12. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent Silver Meritorious Patron

Excellent report by Lateline. There is no way Jan Eastgage "looks" innocent of this.
    She "won" on a technicality and the press makes that quite clear. It is a huge PR fail. We all know the church will spin this into "another legal win" of might over right, nauseating as it is. It is no better than the Lisa McPherson outcome. A legal "win" but oh, so, so messy.

It is grossly disappointing to us here on the board. But their luck will not hold out forever. The law is the law and it is there to "protect" everyone to the extent that it can be upheld, cleverly manipulated or interpreted to one's advantage. That's just how the game is played. But one day....we will indeed see handcuffs. Cheer up, it will happen!

13. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

Mud sticks.

Charged with a crime that didn't exist at the time of the offense means you don't go to jail... but that doesn't mean you're innocent.

Jan Eastgate and the Church of Scientology will be tainted by complicity in child sexual abuse for years to come. It hasn't been disproved, and it won't now have a chance to be disproved.

This is a great advert for Scientology, and for how its 'tech' can help keep families together. Oh yeah. Sure. Well done, CofS... still managing to look creepy as hell... and still making the news. And it's never a 'good roads, good weather' story, is it?

Another nail in the Scientology cult's coffin, today.

Come back Jan: [STRIKE]all is forgiven[/STRIKE] we miss our favourite chew toy.

14. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks for the video, Zhent.

It's the most disgusting thing I've heard in at least a decade. I'm really sick of the protective attitude Australia has toward its pedophiles and their accomplices at the expense of children, particularly those that suffered the sexual abuse.

15. Idle Morgue

Idle Morgue Gold Meritorious Patron

What is SAD :bigcry:is that Jan Eastgate will now be Miss Cabbage's TARGET:angry:...he needs target's desparately because Scientology is DEAD and no one is coming into their Idle Morgues!:yes:

Jan may be here soon! I hope she does not get a "handling" - you know, the auditing SEC CHECK like Nancy Many received! I just listened to her videos..and read her story! Wow, those fuckers! Who was her auditor and has she died yet..because she truly is an evil, evil, evil person! How could someone do that to someone else and call that HELP...really????

Nancy Many needs to be revived here...I am out in the past year and had not known about her. This story is a "need to know" for anyone lurking out there. Know what could happen to you - "science of knowing how to know"! :omg:

16. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

What an absolutely GREAT Lateline news report.

That news report made it absolutely crystal clear to all viewers: THOSE SCIENTOLOGY CREEPS PERVERTED JUSTICE AND COVERED UP THE SEXUAL ABUSE OF A CHILD. EVERYONE WHO'S EVER HEARD OF YOU KNOWS YOU DID IT. YOU JUST GOT OFF ON A TECHNICALITY THIS TIME, YOU TEMPORARILY LUCKY S.O.B.s. YOU WILL GET WHAT'S DUE YOU, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

Or as Tory so simply and consistently says: Tick tock, tick tock!

TG1

P.S. Carmen, stay strong. You absolutely did the right thing by going public on this and refusing to remain silent about these crimes. Thank you.

17. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent Silver Meritorious Patron

How convenient that the original documents from when the crime was first reported could not be found.
    Lucky I guess.

18. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

A powerful statement from Bryan Seymour here:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/today-tonight/blogs/article/-/13512011/scientology-leader-escapes-trial/

The Telegraph today:
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...d-in-church-case/story-e6freuzi-1226337017187

Village Voice:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/04/scientology_jan_eastgate_charges_dropped.php (just a snippet from the article, click to read the rest.)

19. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

As usual Village Voice has some great comments.
    http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/04/scientology_jan_eastgate_charges_dropped.php

20. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

Scientology can't change. A similar 'handling' will be delivered to another child victim. It may be being done right now. That's the sad thing about all this.

Scientology is vile, and it brutalises many people. While we're thinking about Jan 'got off on a technicality, but not innocent' Eastgate, let's not forget the other children who have been abused in various ways, by Scientology.

Starting with a secret audio recording of Wally Hanks doing his thing at Mace Kingsley ranch...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o94E3N9SURc
    This is Scientology in action.