Children working in "the pit"

T

TheSneakster

not important

Last edited by a moderator:

everfree

Patron Meritorious
This is very incorrect.

Very incorrect? Diatoms are sea creatures with shells. The fossilized shells are ground into a powder... it was an offhand, flippant remark, man - let it go. No need to get minutely technical about non-toxic means of disposal of cockroaches, it's all good.

T

TheSneakster

not important

Last edited by a moderator:

everfree

Patron Meritorious
I am not one to tolerate grossly inaccurate statements with regards to basic science without providing correction.

Yes, I stand corrected: it is not ground up seashells. it is ground up algae shells. You are quite right. I will endeavor, as always, to be more accurate even in my offhand remarks. Thank you.

Last edited:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Just to be clear:

Kids worked on cleaning rats alley. But so did adults. It wasn't specifically assigned to children to clean.

It just so happened that a lot of children ended up being out ethics, going to the RPF and having to clean it.

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just to be clear:

Kids worked on cleaning rats alley. But so did adults. It wasn't specifically assigned to children to clean.

It just so happened that a lot of children ended up being out ethics, going to the RPF and having to clean it.

I got that. Thanks for the clarification for those that didn't.

On my :dieslaughing: above, I just thought the off-topicness was funny, not the thread or the subject.

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron
Wow did this thread get off track or what?!?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
In a Galaxy, far,far away and a long time ago people would battle with light sabres. :dizzy: :buttkick: :sparky:

Then they evolved and used clubs.:omg: :boxing:

Then they evolved even further and beat each other up with their ser facs.:thewinner:

NO ONE :melodramatic:

Lemuria

Patron with Honors
I was there

I know what you are talking about. I was one of the kids who were assigned to clean the Pitt down it Rat's Alley when this happened. I was in there and I remember it. That girl's eye turned real red and it was like that for a few weeks. I wonder who wrote that story? whomever it was probably knew me too then.

Wirestripper

Patron with Honors
I am racking my brain trying to think where the pit is. I dont know that place. I know about rats alley, which is what it sounds like they are talking about. Because to access it you have to go in a hole that is on the upper part of the wall in the basement of the main building. I spent many months there.

Rats Alley and the Pit were two very different areas. The Pit was down in the tunnels under LRH way. My memory is kind of fuzzy on how to get down there, but it was basically the lowest point in those tunnels. you opened a small door in the wall and there was a room sunken about a foot below the height of the tunnel. There was some machinery in there that was so corroded and covered in gunk that I had NO idea what it was for.

Basically, the idea was (for punishment) to just go in there and clean the room. (which was impossible) I just ended up dipping my toothbrush in the gunk and then pacing back and forth for the rest of the time

Lemuria

Patron with Honors
Well, I remember cleaning out a pit too. I actually dipped my face into the dirty ol water. I remember my team mates were telling were telling me I did a good job and were considering giving me a commendation. I told my in charge that I was gonna go wash up, and I took an hour. Later on, one of my team mates told me the incharge would not be giving me a commendation because, supposedly I took too long, getting a shower. Bummer, that would have been the only commendation that I would have recieved at all, If I had gotten it!

Wirestripper

Patron with Honors
Ooooh speaking of which did you guys know that the steam tunnels down there were used to film Friday the 13th????

Creeeepy!

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I dont know about the Friday the 13th story, but I do know that the incinerator that was used when the place was a hospital, still had bones in it that had to be removed.

The RPF C/S office was in the room where that incinerator was. I used to freak out being there by myself. I never said anything, but I would not stay when everyone else was gone... I would find a reason to get out and come back when someone was there. I was a C/S for the RPF at that time.:nervous: I was afraid of thetans!!!:omg:

Then the OT III materials tell me that they are all over you?!?!?!?! OMG!!!! Its like that feeling when you think bugs are all over you!!!! and you GOTTA shake them off... freaky!!!

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ye gads. I thought Catholic school was bad. Mea culpa to all the mistreated children in the world.

free1996

Patron with Honors
13 years old, rat's alley

The reason one would get "excited" is because you have raised your confront level so high that nothing bothers you, smell, shit, roaches, rats. Anyone could do anything to you and you could confront it without a sweat. You were healed. Almost like people in the military, you didn't want to put your crew at risk by getting upset because somone spit on you. No reaction.

I had to scrap the feces and sewage off the pipes and roll around on top of a dollie with only one entrance with a big fan blowing. We couldn't feel it though as we were all the way in the back. Rats would run along the pipes, roaches would be in your hair and body.

But this was the adult RPF,( maybe the youngest person) you didn't whistle why you worked. So it was very lonely and hot. I also had to clean a room that processed orange juice "Alligator alley" we had to scrub pulp off the walls. And there is a place where the big generators are-down in a basement, I spent so many hours chipping paint off the pipes that my hands were so sore.

When they made the HGB, I was part of the construction crew, we were putting in windows and I almost jumped out one just to end my life right there on Hollywood Blvd. I really don't know what stopped me. Maybe I feared that I would still be alive, but with broken legs to not be able to run away.One day I'll tell my story, and I promise heaven and hell will part ways to what I know and experienced.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
When they made the HGB, I was part of the construction crew, we were putting in windows and I almost jumped out one just to end my life right there on Hollywood Blvd. I really don't know what stopped me. Maybe I feared that I would still be alive, but with broken legs to not be able to run away.One day I'll tell my story, and I promise heaven and hell will part ways to what I know and experienced.

Free, every time I see a story like this it breaks my heart. :bigcry: It also makes me glad that the children who experienced it now feel safe enough to start to tell the stories. They need to be known, widely known. It happened. It was and is Scientology.
:bighug:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Then the OT III materials tell me that they are all over you?!?!?!?! OMG!!!! Its like that feeling when you think bugs are all over you!!!! and you GOTTA shake them off... freaky!!!

I last got that feeling when I first read Hulda Clark's books about worms munching away in your brain and so forth. It's not as easy to brush them off your organs as it is your skin. I felt so relieved when I first got to use that zapper. :)

Not a joke. I used to have heart palpitations--the pulse would suddenly shoot up from 72 to 200 for maybe half an hour, then instantly drop back to 72 again, no gradient either way. This would happen maybe once a week, often triggered by coffee or Coke (cola variety). I haven't had ONE instance of palpitations since I started zapping in 1995.

Paul