ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

"Christened" at Saint Hill

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by hollybush, Aug 6, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. hollybush

hollybush Patron

Many thanks for all that, Veda - appreciate it. Yes, I knew about Burroughs but hadn't seen the PDF, so thank you. I had seen those videos - kind of fascinating to watch. My reaction is a strange mixture of nostalgia and revulsion - heh heh.

So funny what Hubbard says about the busts ... I'm not being egotistical or anything, but adore my bronzed handsomeness!

2. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Either someone else started to write this about Ron and Hubbard added the bits in first person or he was very confused slipping in and out of identity, and bipolar. It makes ugly reading either way.

3. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Thanks ... what I wrote is the tip of the icebeg and all I could do at the time. One day I will fill in the gaps and continue but right now it would affect too many family members. It means a lot if it helps just one other person understand the depth of the mental manipulation and the effect on many lives.

Yes I may well have known your parents, though my memory gets a bit fuzzy these days. I hope the day comes soon we are both free to really find our voice.

Some of the more general issues that seem to be important to generationals are the ones to do with self esteem and being 'successful', not being free to show emotions, a constant feeling that there is 'something wrong' with you. It helps to write or talk it out and you begin to discover many 'values' that are just slightly twisted enough to have made life more difficult than it could have been. I'll send you a PM.

4. Gib

Gib Crusader

Sorry hollybush, I don't wish to derail your OP, but I don't know where else to post my discoveries until they come up.

So in view of that, I say to La La Lou Lou,

Are you kidding? Hubbard knew exactly what he was doing. Bipoloar, what the hell does that mean? And who cares. He was a lying PR con artist. He knew how to twist words his way.

Check this out,

Hubbard gets kicked out of Corfu, 1969, writes this PR piece:

"IMPORTANT!
    DUE TO UNFORESEEN
    FOREIGN EXCHANGE TROUBLE
    AND THE UNSTABLE MIDDLE
    EASTERN SITUATION
    WE ARE NOT OPENING
    THE NEW AO - SH IN
    GREECE
    BUT IN
    DENMARK
    THE WHOLE NEW ORGANIZATION
    IS ALL READY TRANSFERRED
    TO COPENHAGEN, DENMARK SO
    GO NOW DIRECT TO
    SCIENTOLOGY ORGANIZATION
    DENMARK HOVEDVAGTSGADE 6 1103 COPENHAGEN
    TELEX: 20515075"

from
    http://www.xenu.net/archive/books/tcatc/chapter5.htm

Check this out:

http://www.spectator.co.uk/features/8766181/going-overboard/

Furthermore, every post policy letter in the OEC's are written as pure PR pieces to get staff members thinking they can boom an org from any post. It's all a PR caper.

Same with the bulletins, lots of sizzle, but in the end, no beef.

5. Dave B.

Dave B. Maximus Ultimus Mostimus

Likewise. Barf-worthy.

Reminds me of his affirmations. .....everyone is his slave etc etc etc.

6. NonScio

NonScio Patron Meritorious

So, El Ron went and got himself "busted" circa 1963! Actually, it looks a bit scary; not the sort of thing to put in a
    child's bedroom lest horrible nightmares be invoked. Kind of resembles a Neanderthal, perhaps Piltdown Man, the famous
    1912 Scientific fraud. How about Benito Mussolini? Perhaps the sculptor knew a thing or two! Whatever, it in no way
    bears any hint of Christ delivering his Sermon on the Mount, or Buddha, or any recognizable spiritual leader.
    Surely, the living model would not be the sort ofmonster you want to meet in a dark alley! Perhaps the presence
    of these bronze monsters are the reason all the Org stats are crashing...going "bust" as it were. The busts are the "why"...
    DM, ditch the busts!

7. Gib

Gib Crusader

yah, like, have you been around the world a bit. Like you finally meet somebody in real life, although you heard about him and he really was like some super being, you thought,

and you finally meet him and talk to him,

and like you go to yourself,

well, he wasn't what I thought he was.

Meet LRH.

A blowhard.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=blowhard

8. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

True enough, but that wasn't my point. What I'm saying is that half the policy letter is talking about Ron as if it's another person and the other half as it's the writer, me, mine etc. Either he was being two different people or two different people wrote the policy. My guess is that he'd tell someone to write a policy letter and then add to it or scrub bits off. However the effect is that half the green volumes talk about Ron as if he is not the person who signed the bottom of it. As in the sentence bellow, half is in the first person singular and half in third person singular, I write, he writes.

I like to write policy letters about cheese Ron does it because he loves you all.

Ron was not therefore sole source.

But as you suggest, yes he was a lying bastard.