What's new

Church of Scientology spied on father of Scientology leader David Miscavige

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Sorry Anonymary....but the Cult of Hubbard stole almost 30 years of my life.....

That is how I feel about it.

I'm glad she is out.....but for Christ's sake......give it up girl....Spill the beans....and stop with the beating around the bush....

I've never read her book....so don't know anything about her.

And kudos for her Ex-Cult- Kids site.....

But I feel this way......The Cult is ....or a secret group "inside" the cult ....that is running things is bonkers....are doing horrible spiritual damage...IMO

IMO, it is much worse than murdering someone....what they are doing. THey are actively causing INSANITY.....IMO.

Ghee, Leland, take a deep breath and drink a big glass of warm milk mixed with a teaspoon of wild-flower-honey, your stomach will be thankful.

Then take another deep breath and read what's been really said.

USA's first family are currently the Obamas, if I'm not mistaken, and, in the same sense of the word, Scientology's first family are currently the Miscaviges.

If I'm wrong with my interpretation, then please someone correct me, but until then, that's how I see it. :coolwink:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

I'm glad she is out.....but for Christ's sake......give it up girl....Spill the beans....and stop with the beating around the bush....
I think that Jenna is right to put family first. She's respecting her Grandfather's right to privacy and his right to tell what he wants to tell, when he wants to tell it. I think she is doing the right thing.

Scientologists, on the other hand, have no compunction about throwing a family member under the bus for the "greater good".

If you ever needed proof that she's successfully shucked the scientology mindset, there it is! :)

Leland

Crusader
I think that Jenna is right to put family first. She's respecting her Grandfather's right to privacy and his right to tell what he wants to tell, when he wants to tell it. I think she is doing the right thing.

Scientologists, on the other hand, have no compunction about throwing a family member under the bus for the "greater good".

If you ever needed proof that she's successfully shucked the scientology mindset, there it is! :)

I'm a "pull the band aid off all at once" kind of guy.....

If there is something to tell.....why wait years to do it?

And if you decide to wait....why tease others....about knowing something....but not talking about it?

:smoking:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
"Never fear to hurt another in a just cause." ~ L Ron Hubbard :confused2:

"I have to let my grandpa decide when and if he's going to tell his story," ~ Jenna :thumbsup:

Did Dwayne Powell sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) with Terry Roffler & Asociates?
Or did Dwayne Powell sign an NDA with the unknown law firm who hired Terry Roffler's company?

I guess we'll all find out the answer if or when either Terry Roffler or Unknown Law Firm sues him for breaching the terms of his NDA.

Remember when scientology sued Debbie Cook for breaking her NDA? Yep, that went well. :hysterical:

Mr. Powell's probable defense, of course, is that he didn't break the NDA - it was the West Allis PD and the LA Times.

Perhaps Mr. Powell has provided a simple way to get information out into the world without, strictly speaking, breaking an NDA:

(1) Get arrested;
(2) tell the police everything and ensure they record every word;
(3) and then, tip-off the media so they can obtain copies of the police reports/recordings and publish/broadcast everything.

JB
Wait, wait, wait, wait. Look on page 4 of 11 paragraph 6 where he asks the cop to turn the recorder off. Isn't it a well known concept the cops can and do lie during interrogation of suspects? This guy's a PI and doesn't know this?

No.

Don't tell me David's being set up?

This is smelling more like rotten fish - why did he yack it up about the "heart attack" with the cops? "Oh, by the way, David said to 'let him die if he's going to?' " That seems a little too, how shall I say it? On point? Like a bad screen play??

I guess we'll know if the fix is in if they collect a fat check and fade away.

Note to self:
1) go on line and sign up for "PI made easy" TED Talk & CD lecture set.
2) go on line and get the Sequoia University Professional PI certificate.
3) do a Start up funding of my new company Fair Game Investigations. inc
4) buy some guns, spy cams, sun glasses, head cams, and an encrypted I pad
5) M9 "The Sting", The Usual suspects etc. and do that shit in clay
6) stalk Moxim and hand him my new business card
7) get that text ( cue Mission Impossible music )
8) break out the vacation brochures as the dough ray me pours in.

Ka Schwinggggg

Mimsey

08273ff3c0ce8ff1506c91e237c05d7f.jpeg

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
Ghee, Leland, take a deep breath and drink a big glass of warm milk mixed with a teaspoon of wild-flower-honey, your stomach will be thankful.

Then take another deep breath and read what's been really said.

USA's first family are currently the Obamas, if I'm not mistaken, and, in the same sense of the word, Scientology's first family are currently the Miscaviges.

If I'm wrong with my interpretation, then please someone correct me, but until then, that's how I see it. :coolwink:

I got into the Cult in the very early 70's

I'm sure those that got into the Cult in the 50's or 60's or 80's or 90's or grew up in the Cult have a different view on things...

It seems to me that there were different takes on the Cult...and its running...and operating...over the years... (some what)

Anyway.....It seems to me, on so many levels to compare the Miscavige family....to the First Family.....as very inappropriate....

It is like some say now....Miscavige wants to be known as the "Pope" of Scientology...

DON'T WORDS HOLD ANY MEANING ANYMORE???????

WORDS MEAN SOMETHING.

The Cult, in my opinion, WANT to confuse meanings....They strive to be cloaked in Christian terms and concepts...

You all know about the Cult's "Positioning" policy in the "marketing series.....that is in play also.....

Hubbard HATED the US Government......and now, 20 years later.....some KID and his family....that fell into running the Cult of Hubbard...is referred to as the "First Family."

It is stupid.

David Miscavige's wife hasn't been seen publicly for 7 YEARS........

As far as I know.....David Miscavige doesn't have any children....so he has no family.....of his own....

If you are referring to Ron Miscavige Sr.......that doesn't make any sense either......it is claimed he was a trumpet player in a band....(a long way from running a cult....)

The whole use of the term "First Family" in reference to any Miscavige ....is idiotic.

I have to admit.....the first Cult Event.. in which the Cult trotted out Ronnie Miscavige onto the stage of the Shrine, in LA.....my first though was NEPOTISM.....my second thought was embarrassment for the guy....he was so.....shy........and obviously embarrassed at being there.....

There is that aspect of the Miscavige family......running the cult....I suppose....

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
"Never fear to hurt another in a just cause." ~ L Ron Hubbard :confused2:

"I have to let my grandpa decide when and if he's going to tell his story," ~ Jenna :thumbsup:

I think some of these stories are so dark....so evil....so fucked up......very few have the guts to talk about em......

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Meet the elusive Dwayne Scott Powell, son Daniel (when he was in the Army) and Danny's mother Kelly Olivia Calhoun Buffington, whom Dwayne married in 1990 & divorced several years later.

394293_3635862024159_1754515780_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/kelly.calhoun4

Daniel Powell goes by Daniel Smith on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/daniel.smith.3910

Name: Dwayne Scott Powell (Orange County Marriage Records)
Name: Kelly Olivia Calhoun
Date: 30 Oct 1990

Name: Dwayne Scott Powell (Lake County Marriage Records)
Name: Nicole Leigh Reynolds
Date: 2 Sep 1994

..then Laura A. Dahler (Powell) (Pettrey) (Radcliffe)

http://www.instantcheckmate.com/people/florida/orlando/32832/dwayne-powell/001871641401

https://www.facebook.com/laura.pettreyradcliffe

Leland

Crusader
Wait, wait, wait, wait. Look on page 4 of 11 paragraph 6 where he asks the cop to turn the recorder off. Isn't it a well known concept the cops can and do lie during interrogation of suspects? This guy's a PI and doesn't know this?

No.

Don't tell me David's being set up?

This is smelling more like rotten fish - why did he yack it up about the "heart attack" with the cops? "Oh, by the way, David said to 'let him die if he's going to?' " That seems a little too, how shall I say it? On point? Like a bad screen play??

I guess we'll know if the fix is in if they collect a fat check and fade away.

Note to self:
1) go on line and sign up for "PI made easy" TED Talk & CD lecture set.
2) go on line and get the Sequoia University Professional PI certificate.
3) do a Start up funding of my new company Fair Game Investigations. inc
4) buy some guns, spy cams, sun glasses, head cams, and an encrypted I pad
5) M9 "The Sting", The Usual suspects etc. and do that shit in clay
6) stalk Moxim and hand him my new business card
7) get that text ( cue Mission Impossible music )
8) break out the vacation brochures as the dough ray me pours in.

Ka Schwinggggg

Mimsey

08273ff3c0ce8ff1506c91e237c05d7f.jpeg

I agree.....this PI spilled his guts.........there could be a reason?

I said above several times...something is fishy about all this.....

But is could just be that the guy Powell....wanted out? He for sure is out now....he'll never work for the Cult again...

Of course...that in and of itself could be a ruse....

Anyway...Mimsey....LOL....Get PAID.....

Leland

Crusader
The authors didn't say they were quoting Jenna when THEY used that term.

Only the USA has a "first family"?

Don't know if the writer said that or Jenna....I doubt that Jenna did....

Anyway....I wouldn't have had a problem if the article had said the cut throat Dictator...and his jack booted minions....or something like that.....

But the "First Family...?"....... that's a screwed up analogy.....

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I agree.....this PI spilled his guts.........there could be a reason? I said above several times...something is fishy about all this. But is could just be that the guy Powell....wanted out? He for sure is out now....he'll never work for the Cult again... Of course...that in and of itself could be a ruse.

I don't believe so. He was detained by police in a different state than his own & found to have several guns, alot of ammo & other things which aroused the suspicions o cops. He may have even felt some camaraderie with the cops because he used to be a corrections officer.

Note he asked them to turn off the recorder before he told them who he worked for. A bigger question is who spilled the beans of his arrest in the first place. Obviously, he's not happy about it being very elusive. I know for a fact that all PIs hired by the cult sign strict confidentiality agreements. Powell even told the cops he was concerned that their knowledge of his employer could get him sued.

Given the last 2 PIs that spoke out & eventually settled with a NDA attached, I would expect cult attorneys to approach Powell & offer him $$$ to keep his mouth shut.

Leland

Crusader
I don't believe so. He was detained by police in a different state than his own & found to have several guns, alot of ammo & other things which aroused the suspicions o cops. He may have even felt some camaraderie with the cops because he used to be a corrections officer.

Note he asked them to turn off the recorder before he told them who he worked for. A bigger question is who spilled the beans of his arrest in the first place. Obviously, he's not happy about it being very elusive. I know for a fact that all PIs hired by the cult sign strict confidentiality agreements. Powell even told the cops he was concerned that their knowledge of his employer could get him sued.

Given the last 2 PIs that spoke out & eventually settled with a NDA attached, I would expect cult attorneys to approach Powell & offer him $$$ to keep his mouth shut.

Yes, He did put up quite a fight at first.....about being detained at all....or questioned.

9 years working as a PI for the Cult........he must know lots of secrets they would like to keep under wraps.......

Edited: Though I do find it hard to believe...that anyone would "forget" that they had what, 7 or 9 guns in their car.....2232 rounds of ammunition...and various other things....like a loaded Glock, next to the drivers seat...and a stun gun in the front door well...or a bottle of gasoline there too.... and 7 other auto license plates in the car....and and and.....

Last edited:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
For me, one of the most interesting parts of the police report is this:

"They advised that Ronald's son, David Miscavige, the leader of the Church of Scientology, is obviously having them watched because they left the church 2 years ago and David is afraid that Ronald will speak with the media about the negative inner workings of the church and David's abuse of the members of the church."

Say what? These are the parents of the leader of a tax-exempt "religion" talking about the "negative inner workings of the church" and their son's abuse of its members.:omg:

Phew. I hope the media pick up on this.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
For me, one of the most interesting parts of the police report is this:

"They advised that Ronald's son, David Miscavige, the leader of the Church of Scientology, is obviously having them watched because they left the church 2 years ago and David is afraid that Ronald will speak with the media about the negative inner workings of the church and David's abuse of the members of the church."

Say what? These are the parents of the leader of a tax-exempt "religion" talking about the "negative inner workings of the church" and their son's abuse of its members.:omg:

Phew. I hope the media pick up on this.

Right now somewhere, there's a Scientology family packing up the household possessions, preparing to move, because their house has been foreclosed by the bank for mortgage default.

There they are, sadly putting their PDC lectures and OEC green volumes into boxes, having lost their home. But then a theta notion flashes through their Scientological minds, cheering them up considerably. They realize that even though they are now homeless due to borrowing a fortune for IAS and IDEAL ORG donations they could not possibly afford, they have truly done the "Greatest Good" for the planet.

And they would feel proud and defiant and dauntless (and other things the cult promo told them they would be) when they realized that they had sacrificed everything so that standard tech could be used by all of mankind! They would know in their heart that Ron and COB were proud of them, because their selfless donations would help others apply Ron's tech--like getting their O/Ws off and ridding themselves of reactive charge so they could be free!

WHAT THEY WOULDN'T BE THINKING ABOUT: How their $350,000 in donations actually is right this moment paying for unscrupulous wog PIs to stalk, harass and intimidate former Scientologists (like COB's father) who might get off COB's O/Ws in a media interview or tell-all book.