ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

"Clears"

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by renegade, Jun 28, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. renegade

renegade Silver Meritorious Patron

I knew a girl who was declared Clear for many years (since 1988). She was recently told she had actually not attained Clear. WTF? She "acted" Clear all these years. She now needs to do all her Grades. It was really degrading too. She would flaunt her Clear status before and act superior to us non Clears.

I also heard of "OTs" that were actually not even Clear to begin with but did their OT levels!! How does this work?

Did this happen in your area too?

I have always wondered how come a rich OT 8 in our field was such a whimp, and whiney bitch. She is always "on stage" taking credit of others production. Her husband paid for her Ot Levels and she never had to work,
    yet she is an airhead. Have you seen this in your area too or is it just here?

2. The single most obvious evidence that Scientology is bogus is the behavior of OTs. I too have see some incredible nasty OTs, airhead OTs, selfish and self-centered OTs, and dishonest OTs. And all the rest are no different than other people. In short--there is no difference.

The Anabaptist Jacques

3. renegade

"Clears & OTs"

You are right!

What a waste of money. (her husband told me he paid 50 grand a year to get her through).

There is no way in hell she ever was smarter or seemed less of an airhead after she finished the level. Deep down I think the field knew this too, and there was no rush for others to do the level. She was not a motivating factor and yet she seemed to relish her "status" as one of the few OT 8's in the world and said so. Anything good that happened she took credit for and attributed to her completing the level even her husbands production to pay for it.

Spoiled princess. She used to be pretty when she was younger. I don't think Scn status can compensate for a lack of self esteem. We shall see in the future.

She did get called on to by an SO member to produce. I feel she cannot skate forever and laid her own trap.

4. RolandRB

RolandRB Rest in Peace

She "acted" Clear but I'm guessing she was a Theetie Wheetie case. "Who me, enslaved a population? Why no" -- sure bitch -- pretend you've got no crimes on the Whole Track and that you haven't destroyed planets and enslaved whole poulations and lobotomised them as a whole track psyche.

I'm glad somebody gave her the R-factor to set her back on the right path.

As for the "OTs" who were not Clear then non-Clears can not benefit fully from OT levels and can never make the grade so this false attest will have to go Clear properly and do their OT levels ALL OVER AGAIN. And PAY again-- ha, ha, ha!!! :yes:

5. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

The people who I know who achieved "Clear" in the Church (or out) do seem to have a greater emotional control, or what Goleman would call "Emotional IQ". I can't say they are actually SMARTER, but they seem to have applied their intelligence to understanding themselves and their interactions with others.

I think OT, as delivered in Scientology, is completely bogus, though I agree with doing exercises to focus one's own intention, I don't think that scientology OT levels (old or new) actually deliver any uniform results, other than depletion of bank account.

6. Telepathetic

Telepathetic Gold Meritorious Patron

Seems like you've known the same bimbos...I mean OTs, that I've known.

I was never very impressed with any OTs that I met or personally knew either and if they were *able* individuals-- from my observation-- they were so before being Scilons.

TP

7. thefiredragon

thefiredragon Patron Meritorious

I agree.

deleted

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  8. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

Considering there are several definitions for Clear, they can take it away at any time.

They want money.

9. Telepathetic

Telepathetic Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome Russiangirl!:thumbsup:

What's your story?

TP

10. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Without getting into the validity of OT3, it makes sense that one would redo it every lifetime if following standard Scn doctrine. In the OT3 pack Hubbard says BTs stick to the thetan or the body. Maybe ones stuck to the thetan for a long time have gone, but ones stuck to the next body couldn't be assumed to be absent unless the level is redone. Again, that's per Scn dogma, not what I think is really happening.

Paul

11. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Well, we've got the whole 'between lives implants' and, by 'we' I mean *everybody*. We're *all* immortal thetans, even the freakin meatball ncg wogs. But, Scientology is supposed to give us our *immortality* (which it can't, since we're already immortal) so, what I have to assume they're offering is a trick/method to avoid those between life implants that make us *forget* who we were before. If Scientology can't do *that*, what's the point to all the Hubbub?

Zinj

12. nw2394

nw2394 Silver Meritorious Patron

I don't know what the story is with your friends.

However, it seems the CoS doesn't have a clue these days - they seem to regularly allow people to declare various states and then later go back on it - which has to mean either they were wrong then or they are wrong now. Others say that the motivation is primarily money - whatever - it isn't good business either way. Don't worry too much about it.

Nick

13. nexus100

nexus100 Gold Meritorious Patron

That really is the crux of it, to me. If you remember who cares about the rest of it?

14. renegade

I got discouraged seeing this in attested Clears and OTs. Like it was a game of status.

I really believed there WAS a state of Clear. I used to wish I could just feel like I used to as a child....I would never "think" in words, nor about the past (like ALWAYS having your trs in and being keyed out and picking up comm) and this to me was a state worth reaching again, which I felt being Clear is like, and why I got into Scn. I still wish it too.

Oh well.....