What's new

Commodore's Messenger tells all

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
Well I don't know about those late '60's proceedings. I personally don't trust the IRS and I doubt they were in possession of proof.

Those "suitcases stuffed with cash" SFAIK are undocumented rumor
Look it up.

The CofS had tax exempt status up until sometime in the late sixties/early seventies. It was revoked by the IRS because they determined that Hubbard was illegally profiting from the enterprise.

This incident is what led to Scientology's "war" against the IRS, which finally culminated in 1993.

Your last statement essentially accuses Hubbard's former messengers of lying about all the suitcases full of cash they delivered to him over the years. Many of them have publicly attested to this.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Los Angeles Times ~~
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1987-04-16-me-764-story.html

Ron Hubbard, the Scientology founder and author who died last year, left more than $26 million in assets, excluding trust funds, according to documents filed by the executor of his estate.
Total assets listed in the inventory amount to $26,305,706. They include "$25 million even" in copyright and trademark materials and $1,305,706 in oil, gas and business investments, said

attorney Charles Ogle of Morro Bay.

Reactions: Gib

Gib

Crusader
Los Angeles Times ~~
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1987-04-16-me-764-story.html

Ron Hubbard, the Scientology founder and author who died last year, left more than $26 million in assets, excluding trust funds, according to documents filed by the executor of his estate.
Total assets listed in the inventory amount to $26,305,706. They include "$25 million even" in copyright and trademark materials and $1,305,706 in oil, gas and business investments, said

attorney Charles Ogle of Morro Bay.
yep, key word there is author, in other words a writer, and that is what Hubbard claimed hisself to be.

He used to be paid for a penny a word writing for the pulp fictions and John Campbell, but Hubbard figured out how to create a crowd known as first a dianeticist, and then later a scientologists. That's the ticket, a captive audience.

"Books make Booms" is the motto in marketing and PR series, why Jefferson Hawkins made the book dianetics boom again.

But earlier, unknown to some, is that when Mike Goldstein was first leaving, he and John Galusha created a dianetics boom.

Hubbard got paid handsomely for writing words, which is hard to nail as inurement. But that's how hubbard got paid.

Here is Mike Goldstein's story found on the freezone, I'm not advocating the freezone, just posting the story as found here:

http://www.freezoneplanet.org/1t.html

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
Look it up.

The CofS had tax exempt status up until sometime in the late sixties/early seventies. It was revoked by the IRS because they determined that Hubbard was illegally profiting from the enterprise.

This incident is what led to Scientology's "war" against the IRS, which finally culminated in 1993.

Your last statement essentially accuses Hubbard's former messengers of lying about all the suitcases full of cash they delivered to him over the years. Many of them have publicly attested to this.
"In July 1966, the IRS sent the CSC a letter stating that the IRS proposed to revoke the tax exemption on the grounds that the CSC's income was inuring to the benefit of Scientology practitioners, that CSC was engaged in commercial activities, and that CSC was serving the private interests of L. Ron Hubbard. On July 18, 1967, the IRS officially revoked the CSC's tax exemption with retroactive effect.[11] "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_s...d_States#Initial_tax_exemption_and_revocation

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
O quit being a cranky old grump Stratsie...

You thoroughly misrepresent what I've been saying. I have never regarded or presented Elron Elray as any Messiah nor even as some sort of "Mr Wonderful". I do think of him as of a classic example of the pas de deux between genius and madness archetype.

And why shouldn't I be here?

It isn't obvious if you are unable to converse with someone with different views than your own you are acting like no one so much as...

a Scientologist?
I'm a professional cranky old grump CP, and a gnashnab and snoutband to boot.

You are forever reminding us all of the huge contribution Hubbard has made to humanity and you can't deny it.

I just can't see what pleasure you get from having to constantly fend off refutations of your 'proof' that scientology and dianetics work. 99% of us here are sure that it doesn't.

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Quote by Clay:

Here's another:
Hubbard went to sea fleeing prosecution from the Inland Revenue Service.
Hogwash. The Sea Org was in planning and preparation for years before Ron debarked. Flight to avoid prosecution is done in haste. It is true that Hubbard wanted to gain the liberty of being outside of any national jurisdiction but there was no prosecution being leveled against him.
Only huge black lies
Well, he was convicted in absentia for fraud in France. Where was he? Sailing around with his Navy.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Well, he was convicted in absentia for fraud in France. Where was he? Sailing around with his Navy.
He was busy working to save this sector of the universe from trillions of years of pain and suffering.

You wouldn't expect that he would pay attention to the yapping dogs barking at his tires while he's driving the fire truck on the way to handle the situation, would you? :unsure:

EDIT: Just kidding. :D

He's probably been convicted of fraud on Target Two as well. :whistling:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm a professional cranky old grump CP, and a gnashnab and snoutband to boot.

You are forever reminding us all of the huge contribution Hubbard has made to humanity and you can't deny it.

I just can't see what pleasure you get from having to constantly fend off refutations of your 'proof' that scientology and dianetics work. 99% of us here are sure that it doesn't.

You are cranky old curmudgeon Stratsie; may your days many enough to gain your promotion to crazy old coot.

No.

I can't deny it and all of you are entirely welcome to do so

:carryon:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
"In July 1966, the IRS sent the CSC a letter stating that the IRS proposed to revoke the tax exemption on the grounds that the CSC's income was inuring to the benefit of Scientology practitioners, that CSC was engaged in commercial activities, and that CSC was serving the private interests of L. Ron Hubbard. On July 18, 1967, the IRS officially revoked the CSC's tax exemption with retroactive effect.[11] "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_s...d_States#Initial_tax_exemption_and_revocation

This is lacking in specifics.

If they revoked the tax exemption totally on Ron's substantial income from book sales then it was a rotten, unjust, oppressive and UNCONSTITUTIONAL action.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've come to the conclusion that Hubbard didn't create any of the fundamental aspects of Scientology theory or training. Especially the workable parts on the lower Bridge.

He 'borrowed' the essential ingredients of the tech from researchers and innovators who came before him, then added his own personal touch to make it his own. He even publicly acknowledged the contributions of others in the early days of the movement. By the mid sixties, he was "Source", the sole architect of the Bridge to Total Freedom.

What an utter crock of shit.

"A bad poet borrows. A good poet steals"

You think he was a bad poet

I think he was a good poet

Not long before all Hell broke loose in my home and family back in 1980 I was sitting in my barcalounger Kathie asked a challenging but apparently straight up question about limited circumstances and I gave intelligent response. She, venom dripping from her words said "You always have an answer, don't you"

I suspect at times I make some of you feel what she felt then

:neener:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
yep, key word there is author, in other words a writer, and that is what Hubbard claimed hisself to be.

He used to be paid for a penny a word writing for the pulp fictions and John Campbell, but Hubbard figured out how to create a crowd known as first a dianeticist, and then later a scientologists. That's the ticket, a captive audience.

"Books make Booms" is the motto in marketing and PR series, why Jefferson Hawkins made the book dianetics boom again.

But earlier, unknown to some, is that when Mike Goldstein was first leaving, he and John Galusha created a dianetics boom.

Hubbard got paid handsomely for writing words, which is hard to nail as inurement. But that's how hubbard got paid.

Here is Mike Goldstein's story found on the freezone, I'm not advocating the freezone, just posting the story as found here:

http://www.freezoneplanet.org/1t.html
Thank you for the link. It cleared up a few holes in my understanding of what had been going on in the early 80's.

Gib

Crusader
Thank you for the link. It cleared up a few holes in my understanding of what had been going on in the early 80's.
you're welcome there bud. I have you might say done a chronological history of Hubbard and his brainchild AKA Dianetics and Scientology, and trying to piece together the dots from various sources from Heinlein/Campbell/Hubbard personal letters pre 1950 to accounts by exmembers and others after 1950 to present time.

There is one time period I have not been able to put my finger on. and that is the time period from 1952 or so when Hubbard introduced Scientology and the sublime concept of OT, for which he thus created a religion, and then went to St Hill, 1959, I believe.

Janis story and other stories of the Apollo era are after when Hubbard went to St Hill and then created the Sea Org.

But what happened between 1952 or so and when he went to St Hill to fully develop scientology and the Sea Org? This is a mystery to me and I haven't found anything filling in that gap.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
It was Hubbard's fear he might be extradited to France that led to his hiding out in Queens in late '72/73. (See "Barefaced Messiah," end of chapter 18 / chapter 19.)

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
"A bad poet borrows. A good poet steals"

You think he was a bad poet

I think he was a good poet

Not long before all Hell broke loose in my home and family back in 1980 I was sitting in my barcalounger Kathie asked a challenging but apparently straight up question about limited circumstances and I gave intelligent response. She, venom dripping from her words said "You always have an answer, don't you"

I suspect at times I make some of you feel what she felt then

:neener:
Bless your heart...

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
But what happened between 1952 or so and when he went to St Hill to fully develop scientology and the Sea Org? This is a mystery to me and I haven't found anything filling in that gap.
Check out this short thread and the links at the bottom of the first post.
You may have to dig through a bunch of issues of The Compleat Aberree.
Probably a ton of history there written by ordinary people who were involved
during that era.

Also this thread. If it interests you, the full article can be found here.
Used to be on the Lermanet website, but as you probably know it's gone.

[ Edit: Here is the full article intact in the WayBack Machine. ]

Don't know if this is what you're looking for exactly, but you may enjoy these
links.

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Dianetics hasn't failed my friend, SOS (despite it's hideous passage about the venezuela dictator and the lepers) is still, by far, [bcolor=#ffff00]the single finest handbook of human psychology ever written.[/bcolor]
You know what mate, it's all very well arguing the toss about the good and bad in scientology, but when I read that I have to seriously start questioning your sanity.

phenomanon

Canyon
you're welcome there bud. I have you might say done a chronological history of Hubbard and his brainchild AKA Dianetics and Scientology, and trying to piece together the dots from various sources from Heinlein/Campbell/Hubbard personal letters pre 1950 to accounts by exmembers and others after 1950 to present time.

There is one time period I have not been able to put my finger on. and that is the time period from 1952 or so when Hubbard introduced Scientology and the sublime concept of OT, for which he thus created a religion, and then went to St Hill, 1959, I believe.

Janis story and other stories of the Apollo era are after when Hubbard went to St Hill and then created the Sea Org.

O please!

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
You know what mate, it's all very well arguing the toss about the good and bad in scientology, but when I read that I have to seriously start questioning your sanity.

If you get a chance to question my sanity would you please send it back to me when you're done?

I miss it dreadfully...

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Look it up.

I'm not accusing anyone of lying. If I do I will specify the name of the accused.

Suitcases of cash may have been sighted on the Apollo but this in itself is not evidence of skimming. As undisputed El Primo Maximo it was within Ron's parvenue to direct and dispatch church assets from whence and to where he chose.

Al Capone was convicted of income tax evasion because his reported income could not account for his Florida Mansion.

No one has ever produced a paper trail to show personal expenditure by Hubbard outside his known income.