ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Concerning the Ethiers and Blackmail

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Tanstaafl, Apr 8, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. TheSneakster

TheSneakster Guest

:thumbsup: :clap: :yes:

2. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

Leave your disagreement with Aida out of it, BB. You stupidly initiated that conflict and you have yet to accept responsibility.

Mark A. Baker

3. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

By "out to get you" I mean get you involved in their lives. In any capacity, good or ill. To slot you into one of their dynamics. To make you interested in them. To have you react. To have you in their orbit.

Oh - one other thing - does this photo remind you of anyone? A certain inhabitant of Hemet?

[​IMG]

4. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

:thumbsup:

5. CarmeloOrchards

CarmeloOrchards Crusader

I liked LR. She was her own person.

(one of the last people she was mean to was Mrs. Pierre)

6. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

Especially the 'and others'. It could be expected that Pierre MIGHT wish to defend his wife's actions with some convoluted story which requires continual back-pedalling. What is remarkable is the length that 'others' have chosen to go in stretching the truth in order to defend Pierre from what is in any circumstance an unconscionable attempt by his wife to commit an act of extortion.

Here we disagree. :no:

The culprit is not the 'FZ', it is SELECT INDIVIDUALS within the FZ. The problem is that, as in the case of BB & Pierre, for many these individuals are to some extent the 'face of the freezone'. At the present the face that is offered is a very ugly mug, indeed.

The reality is that the freezone consists of many private individuals. Most of these individuals don't spend their time in unceasing efforts of internet self-promotion for themselves & their friends. This causes confusion among others considering the organizational structure of the freezone, or as to what the freezone constitutes, and who is a freezoner.

The bulk of freezoners live their lives not on scientology boards but in their communities. They don't conduct fierce long distance feuds online in attempts to destroy their enemies and achieve bragging rights for having the purest 'standard tech'.

The reality is Pierre is an auditor & c/s. He has at various times claimed to be a part of the freezone and also denied that he was, mostly in scathing attacks on other freezoners. I don't happen to know what his current stance is vis a vis the freezone. TP considers him to be a friend, and TP often rushes in where wiser heads pause to reflect.

Many auditors, both freezoners & not, don't necessarily see 'eye to eye' with each other. Sometimes this has resorted in disputes and rivalries. Sometimes these disputes have erupted into open warfare leading to personal vendetta.

Personally I see the above as an residual by-product of the accumulated by-passed charge from all the countless betrayals which these individuals experienced while active participants in the church of scientology. It's almost as if they are still acting out the battles they lost in the church, or the conflicts they WISH they had fought but had instead acquiesced to something with which they did not fully agree. Moreover, I see exactly the same patterns of behavior to be common among the scientology critic community also,

In fact the pattern is common in all human social contexts, although those with a background in the church of scientology do seem to bring a certain vivid passion to their feuds not seen since the glory days of the Italian Renascence which, perhaps not coincidentally, also took place in the shadow of yet another repressive church. The more things change the more they apparently stay the same? Or, perhaps this seeming 'coincidence' arises from more than coincidence? :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker

7. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

You are quite right, Mark. But I do think the back pedaling and excuses being given do reflect badly on the FZ, even though individuals are doing it. Do you know what I mean?

8. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

And I thought we Brits were the masters of the understatement! :whistling:

Ax

9. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

The thought had occurred to me.

I studied at the feet of the Masters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPnJM3zWfUo

Mark A. Baker

10. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Let's face it. No one takes anyone seriously who calls himself a Freezoner except another Freezoner, and no one takes anyone seriously who call himself a Scientologist except another Scientologist. Look at the origin of the words. Free Zone came from a guy who called himself Astar Paramegjian and received telepathic instructions from Hubbard (Elron Elray) residing in a doll body of the mother ship; Scientology came from a guy who was a court recognized paranoid schizophrenic and pathological liar.

11. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

:hattip: Good call. :hattip:

12. FrankBooth

FrankBooth Patron with Honors

And you want to be my latex salesman...

13. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

Well actually Terril, Dexter put me on moderation again (after you lifted it when he did it the first time).

Also I said Dexter is a crappy moderator (which he is) not a crappy auditor because I wouldn't know what type of auditor he is (although I could guess).

As far as being vanquished, he placed 3 people on moderated status because they dared to question whether there might be any validity to the email I got from Catherine Ethier. You call that good moderation?

I said in my thread that if you know everything about Hubbard & Scientology including the extremely BAD PR Scientology has gotten recently, AND you still call yourself a Scientologist then you are stupid. I still believe that. But it's quite different to how a few butt hurt FZers interpreted it.

Thanks for that Terril.

Did you report the post?

By you - yes. But not by your "staff".

I spoke with Dexter a few times. He gave me his crack pot theory & I listened and said I'd think on it. I agreed with him that Karen#1 was here on a mission but I'm not sure we agreed on the exact mission. I don't see too much evil in Karen being here. Building bridges is not normally seen as evil.

As you your question you think I avoided. I didn't see it. There was sooo many posts by your resident fruitloops that I missed it. So I'll answer it here.

This was your question you emailed me:

I'm not sure exactly what your asking me here but I'll take a guess.

Marty Rathbun......hmmmmm.....It's hard to say what I think of Marty because my opinion changes a bit (or a lot) nearly every day. Originally I thought "YAY Mark Rathbun is out! Wooo Hoooo!" Then Marty posted on ESMB and I thought "What a complete wanker". Then as Marty started posting on his blog I fluctuated between "Oh cool, Marty is really gunna do some damage here" to "God dammit, when is he gunna stop blaming DM and take some responsibility himself?" to "Shit - he just doesn't get it. He's a dedicated Hubbardite who'll never see the truth".

As to his motives - my opinion on that has changed too. Originally I thought he was just gunna be an ex who can tell some good stories, do some damage to DM and live a fairly normal life. Then I saw him cultivating his "people" and trying to pass himself off as a techspert. The attack on Jeff Hawkins really changed my viewpoint of Marty. Then more recently the attack on Mayo has just about ruined any chance he had with me of being credible.

Now I'm inclined to think he's on a mission, not from DM, but from somewhere else - or even just his own doing through a messiah complex. I really wish I could still believe that he just wants a quiet field practice where he makes a comfortable living & nothing more. But I don't think that now.

I'd be a fool if I said I knew his motivations. I, like everyone else, can only guess. l don't think he's ever made that clear, and that alone is suspicious to me.

14. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

I can't believe we're discussing a Yahoo Group.

Ladies and gentlemen, the year is 2011 AD. Yahoo Groups dates back to 1998, or 2000 if you count from when the then cash-rich Yahoo acquired eGroups. And then everything stagnated.

Sure, Yahoo Groups is free. So what? I mean, you'd think that the last, best hope for "saving" mankind would be worth a few hundred quid a year for commercial hosting. Especially in a community of ex-clams who are used to forking over their cash "for the greater good."

But apparently not. Operating through Yahoo Groups is like being a small business with a Hotmail address. It reeks of cheapness and a lack of professionalism or standards. It's sooo... last century, darlings! Also, it means they're constantly under the threat of accounts being hacked and spammed to death, and they have crappy awful moderating tools. New members are unlikely to join, preferring a site with better integration to Web 2.0 features, or at least the ability to post images in your messages.

So... flunk. It may once have been significant in some way, but a Yahoo Groups community is deader than LRH.

15. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

So is Scientology, its adherents unwilling to progress. :)

Paul

16. paradox

paradox ab intra silentio vera

LOL!

But, s-h-h-h; let the fleazone or whatever die gracefully and with dignity ... well, at least in peace and obscurity ...

[​IMG]

17. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

I wonder what is so precious about all these beingnesses (or, identities) that these beingnesses are trying to protect.

Step aside the beingness one is trying to protect and all enturbulation will go away.

This is the least an spiritually aware person can do.

18. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

Any C/S is just a dependence (other-determinism). As long as people are dependent on auditors and c/ses, they will never fully handle their case.

19. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

You're the first one who has pretty much summed up my feelings about the guy.

Exactly.

20. Cherished

Cherished Silver Meritorious Patron

That's funny.

So, Pierre's argument is that, in order to get the Victorian Police off her case, Emma got Pierre's wife to try to blackmail Emma's husband. Then Emma got her husband to not play ball, but to expose Pierre's wife's attempted blackmail.

Or does Pierre think his wife did a dumb thing on her own. But OSA is willing to drop a criminal case against the admin of one of the biggest public message boards for ex-scientologists IF ONLY she will ruin the tiny FZ business he has?

Man, if OSA had that power over Emma, my hunch is they'd have a bigger target than Pierre, whose profile is so big that I can't even recall his surname without scrolling up. Which I can't be bothered doing.