What's new

Creepy Scientology song.. by Junai Meijer, Amsterdam..

JustSheila

Crusader
Veda's made me feel uncomfortable about this, Smurf. Imagine that she checks in and sees this thread. That last video is going to look like a personal attack - like she's being mocked personally, as opposed to just for her cultic beliefs.

I'm not even sure about my own contribution, but it has to stand now..

CS, I think somebody better start telling her she can't sing and has no talent before she goes on national television. The emperor has no clothes. A thread on a forum where she doesn't know anyone isn't nearly as hurtful as having your entire neighbourhood snickering and laughing behind your back. She should pull the vids and pursue some other career avenue while she's still young and come out of the Scientology delusion while she can still get a proper education at something worthwhile.

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
CS, I think somebody better start telling her she can't sing and has no talent before she goes on national television. The emperor has no clothes. A thread on a forum where she doesn't know anyone isn't nearly as hurtful as having your entire neighbourhood snickering and laughing behind your back. She should pull the vids and pursue some other career avenue while she's still young and come out of the Scientology delusion while she can still get a proper education at something worthwhile.

Imagine Simon Cowell. It's easy if you try.:bong:

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron

Simon Cowell would shred her. She's got no "body" to her voice, it's too weak.

To be fair to her, she's got quite an affecting tone and hits notes passably well; it's the sort of thing that probably goes down well amongst her friends and family, but not amongst the neutral public.

I still find her presentatiion "creepy," too.

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader

But Junai's a Scientologist. She'll be one of those mouthing off back at him. After all, it's in her reality she's a superstar and he's an SP, right?

[video=youtube;eJX071iimdY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJX071iimdY[/video]

Cat Daddy

Silver Meritorious Patron
My fave !

This guy has more talent:

[video=youtube;NXup6Lf0e4o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXup6Lf0e4o[/video]

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Well, this should brighten your day, then. :biggrin:

[video=youtube;9TX-9ArUgIQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TX-9ArUgIQ[/video]

:omg: In seconds I was screaming.....

make-it-stop.jpg

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Well, this should brighten your day, then. :biggrin:

..and another one from Junai.

[video=youtube;7Y8-UPPJSec]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y8-UPPJSec[/video]

There's hope... she's into other practices...

buddha.jpg

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
<snip>
..and another one from Junai.

[video=youtube;7Y8-UPPJSec]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y8-UPPJSec[/video]

Well... I've heard quite a number of youtube singers who are worse than that - but then, I've heard quite a few better ones as well.

She's clearly never had (enough) professional training. Overall pitch rose about 1/2 tone or so, during the song and she has some serious speed/beat issues.

Any music/vocal school worth their salt or even joining a decent church choir should be able to fix that and if not, I can recommend a good, qualified and certified professional music teacher and vocal coach. I haven't met him in quite a while, so I don't know his current price range. Although he's probably not cheap, he's definitely worth it. Several bands, choirs and solo musicians I personally know are quite happy with him.

Anyway, for a person home alone just wanting to sing a little and record it, it was almost OK. Almost.

And no, I won't discuss the lyrics, especially not those from the 1st Song Smurf posted. :coolwink:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I didn't find it really creepy or scary. It was just soooooooooo baaaaaaaaaaaad.:bong:

That is exactly the type of video that I can let play for about 5 seconds just to get a taste, and then I HAVE to stop it! The "wincing factor" just becomes too overwhelming! :omg:

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
True, but the question IMO is one of context. By posting it here on an ex-scns forum, we change that context from the one she intended.

WTF?! The "context she intended" is to disseminate Scientology. Some people here care to point out that this is not a good thing, and also that her "art" is shit. And when people start to bring shit with confidence... usually that's just either because nobody has told them it's shit (and as I pointed out in my own thread, some people stick on to it even after that because they're insane), but in this case it's fair to assume that her cult has brainwashed her into too much self confidence (a "win" which is terribly instable too, by the way). Or maybe she just made - and uploaded - that stuff while still affected by the hypnotic "buzz" from last auditing. It wouldn't be exactly the same situation, but still Scientology is at the root of the problem. A sane person, cultist or not, who puts up a terrible Youtube video of themselves singing and/or dancing, might stop to do so after enough people make negative comments and downvote their videos, and they get the message and care for more professional training or dump that hobby (or at last, the habit to put up videos of it). For the Scientologist, all the criticism might accomplish even more - they might start to reconsider whether the cult has really improved their talents so much. Even if it is only a little moment of cognitive dissonance, all of them count, as numerous statements of ex-Scientologists are showing, for whom such moments have built up a momentum over years until the doubt became overwhelming.

And regarding the counter-productive effect of criticism that is too rude: it is extremely unlikely that she looks here which is why I don't care about the contents here. I'm not going to write a Youtube comment, if she hasn't disabled them altogether, but if I would, I would certainly care to bring the criticism in a way which makes it difficult to her to discard it as "natter from SPs".

I think it's permissible to do that when the subject is her actual views concerning Scn., but to do the same thing with a video of her home crosses a line into personal mockery.

WTF?! She also sings in the second video. I couldn't bother to listen more than a few seconds, nor could I understand her well, but I suppose that is a "Scientology song" as well. And as someone else here said, some anonymous comment on the internet is better than the whole neighborhood mocking her after she just volunteered for a casting show.

The cult she belongs to conditioned her to not care about what's embarrassing, or untalented, just like numerous other confused, sorry, "eccentric", and spoiled, people, whether they are or aren't in a cult. Just like Will Smith's kids, and all the Scientologists making spaced-out comments on Facebook, as documented in Black Rob's (extensive!) thread.

And the more the believers, and the groupies of the believers, demand "respect" for their goofy beliefs and the goofy (like in this case) and often enough callous behavior that comes from these beliefs, the more I'm going to show DISRESPECT - to show these people in their cozy bubble that not the whole world thinks they're hilarious, wise, and brave, in fact that there is a silent majority who thinks they're completely pathetic, nuts, and essentially taking the easy way and living with lies instead of bothering to face the truth.

There are already enough people embarrassing themselves on Youtube, Facebook, etc. Most don't do it because of being brainwashed into "absolute certainty" by a cult, but the lesser there is of that stuff the better. I don't get any joy from watching such mishaps and can't watch more than a few seconds, the same is true for talk shows and "reality TV"; I also mostly can't watch AGP's videos and the only thing I care about regarding him is the question of his effectivity.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
That is exactly the type of video that I can let play for about 5 seconds just to get a taste, and then I HAVE to stop it! The "wincing factor" just becomes too overwhelming! :omg:

Psst! No too loud.... Don't want to give Simon Cowell any ideas.

We might end up with a TV show called the Wince Factor.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Re: My fave !

This guy has more talent:

[video=youtube;NXup6Lf0e4o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXup6Lf0e4o[/video]

This one's better, though the person who uploaded it is incorrect.. this never appeared on 'American Idol'... it was made in his parent's backyard with some old Christmas lights according to his brother Blake.

[video=youtube;p47AfTMLTRc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p47AfTMLTRc[/video]

Austin didn't like all the negative media attention. He quit his musical (?) career & now goes by 'Austin Tracy' (he even as a SP has a Facebook friend). :biggrin:

https://www.facebook.com/austindirect

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
WTF?! The "context she intended" is to disseminate Scientology. Some people here care to point out that this is not a good thing, and also that her "art" is shit. And when people start to bring shit with confidence... usually that's just either because nobody has told them it's shit (and as I pointed out in my own thread, some people stick on to it even after that because they're insane), but in this case it's fair to assume that her cult has brainwashed her into too much self confidence (a "win" which is terribly instable too, by the way). Or maybe she just made - and uploaded - that stuff while still affected by the hypnotic "buzz" from last auditing. It wouldn't be exactly the same situation, but still Scientology is at the root of the problem. A sane person, cultist or not, who puts up a terrible Youtube video of themselves singing and/or dancing, might stop to do so after enough people make negative comments and downvote their videos, and they get the message and care for more professional training or dump that hobby (or at last, the habit to put up videos of it). For the Scientologist, all the criticism might accomplish even more - they might start to reconsider whether the cult has really improved their talents so much. Even if it is only a little moment of cognitive dissonance, all of them count, as numerous statements of ex-Scientologists are showing, for whom such moments have built up a momentum over years until the doubt became overwhelming.

And regarding the counter-productive effect of criticism that is too rude: it is extremely unlikely that she looks here which is why I don't care about the contents here. I'm not going to write a Youtube comment, if she hasn't disabled them altogether, but if I would, I would certainly care to bring the criticism in a way which makes it difficult to her to discard it as "natter from SPs".

WTF?! She also sings in the second video. I couldn't bother to listen more than a few seconds, nor could I understand her well, but I suppose that is a "Scientology song" as well. And as someone else here said, some anonymous comment on the internet is better than the whole neighborhood mocking her after she just volunteered for a casting show.

The cult she belongs to conditioned her to not care about what's embarrassing, or untalented, just like numerous other confused, sorry, "eccentric", and spoiled, people, whether they are or aren't in a cult. Just like Will Smith's kids, and all the Scientologists making spaced-out comments on Facebook, as documented in Black Rob's (extensive!) thread.

And the more the believers, and the groupies of the believers, demand "respect" for their goofy beliefs and the goofy (like in this case) and often enough callous behavior that comes from these beliefs, the more I'm going to show DISRESPECT - to show these people in their cozy bubble that not the whole world thinks they're hilarious, wise, and brave, in fact that there is a silent majority who thinks they're completely pathetic, nuts, and essentially taking the easy way and living with lies instead of bothering to face the truth.

There are already enough people embarrassing themselves on Youtube, Facebook, etc. Most don't do it because of being brainwashed into "absolute certainty" by a cult, but the lesser there is of that stuff the better. I don't get any joy from watching such mishaps and can't watch more than a few seconds, the same is true for talk shows and "reality TV"; I also mostly can't watch AGP's videos and the only thing I care about regarding him is the question of his effectivity.

Bravo! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Poor Austin Fullmer, the Scientologist from Clearwater (see vid), who humiliated himself on national television because no Scientologist would tell him his act was shit before he got there. Well, he's only young. He can leave now, laugh it off and go into another career and in 5-10 years, few people will even remember that show. I'll bet Tom Cruise's couch-jumping and other weirdnesses influenced him, too.

I'm tired of a dishonest society made of people who say what others want to hear. There is a difference between honest criticism and attacking. The truth isn't always nice, but it is, after all, the truth. We should try to be tactful, but never pretend that shit isn't shit and bullshit another into believing lies just to make them feel good. It always comes back. Tactful beats dishonesty any day.

JustSheila

Crusader

This one's better, though the person who uploaded it is incorrect.. this never appeared on 'American Idol'... it was made in his parent's backyard with some old Christmas lights according to his brother Blake.

Austin didn't like all the negative media attention. He quit his musical (?) career & now goes by 'Austin Tracy' (he even as a SP has a Facebook friend). :biggrin:

Yes, it's much better. His voice isn't bad at all. It's his moves that are too sharp and sudden. He can sing a bit, but he can't dance. That's okay. I can dance, but I can't sing. :biggrin:

Most people are poor dancers and singers. Few can do both well. Same with musicians. When I hung out with the local bands as a kid, the musicians couldn't dance, so we girls would come along to get the crowds going. Eventually the musicians took lessons and learned to move a bit less stiffly, but they still couldn't dance - but one still always believed he could. lol!

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
Western school vs. Chinese school

I'm tired of a dishonest society made of people who say what others want to hear. There is a difference between honest criticism and attacking. The truth isn't always nice, but it is, after all, the truth. We should try to be tactful, but never pretend that shit isn't shit and bullshit another into believing lies just to make them feel good. It always comes back. Tactful beats dishonesty any day.

*opens can of worns and cuts finger during opening, grouch*
Much about the Chinese (or general East Asian? I don't know...) way of rising children is quite cringe-worthy and what I would call cultic, referring to the astonishing degree of pressure (and subsequent love-bombing) they apply, but "Western" culture certainly can and should learn from them. Why? The generation that has behaved the most lenient and uncaring when bringing up their children, and that would be the hippies, has, more than any generation before them, produced a generation of ill-bred, lazy, chaotic, confused brats without manners. Either they teach the necessary manners to themselves in their twenties, or they stay that way - especially people who are anyways nearly retarded regarding their emotional intelligence, and/or are lacking abilities to read other's emotions, and/or who are otherwise mentally troubled. As studies have shown, to a large degree these problems aren't even genetic but are caused by wrong upbringing and especially a lack of early support and stimulation. It could be said there are three possible outcomes from bad upbringing: 1) A nonetheless balanced, cherful person with a good amount of self control who will find it no big task to educate themselves about what they still need to know about manners and patience. 2) Someone troubled who wouldn't have become troubled at all with another sort of upbringing and better early support. 3) A pathologic personality who would experience a quite over-average amount of difficulties anyways, but who could also have benefited significantly from the right kind of upbringing, by having inserted balancing factors into their picture of themselves and others, and into their perception of what is "normality" (hint: "proletarian swamp = normality" - bad idea), and being teached how to make the best use of the limited emotional intelligence they have.
In any case, a better, more considerate upbringing could have saved many troubled people from becoming a chronical burden for society, being at risk to join criminal gangs (where possible), tending to get into all sorts of difficulties and essentially lacking ambition.

Parents should be able to tell their children the following three things, when appropriate; possibly with adapted wording. I took these, although possibly not as exact quotes, from an article about a Chinese mother I've read a while ago.

Child gets fat:
Wrong reaction: "Never mind, you're a beautiful butterfly!"
Right reaction: "You should lose a few kilos, fatty!"

Child is naughty:
Wrong reaction: "Er,... please,... could you... er... stop it? Please..." (<-- fucking hippies!)
Right reaction (as I said, possibly with different wording): "You're garbage!"

Child fails:
Wrong reaction: "Never mind, you're doing fine!"
Right reaction: "You can do that! Exercise more, lazy ass!"

As I said, I don't agree to the maxim that children should have no childhood and child-like occupations at all, which is very much the case for children brought up the Chinese way, but I also see a catastrophe in the making when children basically are allowed to do what they want the whole day, in other words, to watch garbage on TV, and to behave like they wish, and basically to fail in school.

This being said, the curriculum and teaching methods, as they are, are truly cringe-worthy, so if we should conclude that European and American children should be encouraged and urged to be more attentive and diligent in school, I'd also wish for them to have some more interesting, not that unworldly and nonsensical contents to learn (history lessons based on kings and their exact period of rule, cringe, anyone?), and better ways to do it.

I'm not referring to going all "Waldorf", not at all. For example, I just hope someone has, or will, find a real alternative to that routine of "let's quickly scribble it all down with your own hand in ink on paper what he/she said". It's essentially idiotic. There are already books and scripts. It is a fucking waste of time (and paper). To me, that system of scribbling, scribbling, and scribbling is so 19-century-ish, even when it is considered (truthfully, certainly) a good method to memorize stuff. Personally I hate the scribbling-down-routine. There is no reason to go on with it after primary school. I just wish everybody could have good scripts/textbooks/presentations with the complete lection (which is consistent which what will be asked in the test) and be allowed (which isn't before college) to type down additional notes. The lectures, insofar as they are lectures and not interactive exercises, don't even have to be live - nor do they require physical presence. That is equally true for everything from primary school to college. Take the best teacher, the best professor, and record their lectures, point, and nobody has to waste hours per day in the bus anymore, only for the things that require physical presence or teamwork. What I desire are electronic presentations that can be stopped for questions or set for repetition, 3D-animations (not only snapshots of such) of geometry lections (and molecules... cringe!), mathematical formulas that change and change back, moving timelines and family trees with clickable contents, and whatever else technology can (already!) provide. Instead, in school, it's scribbling, scratching down notes, highlighting texts in overly extensive books that unfortunately have little to do with the lections given or with the contents of the test to come. And if you've not been there, then you can go hunting for good scripts, instead of just downloading the official thing - because there is no official thing. Children need to be around other children to socialize, sure - but they don't need others for a history lection or maths exercise, isn't it? During such things they're just at risk to disturb and distract each other - and yes, each has their own speed. These tasks, socializing and learning, can and should be separated, and if some children become bullies and harassers, or are retarded, they at last won't ruin or impede the learning experience for others.

Last edited:

Cat Daddy

Austin - Sex Machine

[video=youtube;O-uefmIz-g8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-uefmIz-g8[/video]

Cat Daddy

Thank you Smurf !!!