ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Critics Memorial

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by The Great Zorg, Mar 15, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. The Great Zorg

The Great Zorg Gold Meritorious Patron

Here's an idea :idea: ... how about a RIP CRITICS OF THE "CHURCH" OF SCIENTOLOGY <spit>?

I was just watching a video of John Sweeney and his interview with Shawn Lonsdale. I started thinking that Shawn may have had a record and some questionable sexual activities but he was a human being and he was standing up against a Nazi style militaristic psuedo science cult, sometimes, maybe many times, all by himself. This man deserves a memoriam, for his efforts. :yes:

I am sure there are many, many more who also deserve this recognition, even if it's in the backwaters of a message board: internet search engines WILL find it. :confused2:

Whaddya all think? :confused2:

I like it. :yes:

2. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Yep - brilliant idea.

3. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Gold Meritorious Patron

[​IMG]
    Ida Camburn in 1941

When she was working at a defense plant everyone was given a battery of IQ tests, she was called into the presidents office, she was scared, thinking she was in trouble or was going to fired..., then she was amazed after the President of the company said she had the highest test scores in the whole plant, the highest he had ever seen on that test and offered to send her to college... she said no...I'm happy doing what I am doing and when the war is over I want to go back to be a housewife...

Ida Camburn
    Ida Camburn was involved from the start of the Citizens Freedom Foundation which turned into The Cult awareness Network., Ida Camburn picketed gold base. Her last husband had a heart attack shortly after a staged accident where a guy pulled out in front of them from a driveway. Her home was picketed.

Congress of the United states
    House of Representatives
    December 10, 1976

Dear Ida Camburn,

Thank you for your very detailed letter regarding
    $cientology. We haven't yet found a way to attack
    these jackals who feed on children and young adults
    who are too emotionally weak to stand by themselves
    when they reach the age of consent.

It's too bad there isn't a 20th Century Charles
    Dickens to write about the terrible destruction of
    these 20th Century fagins who make themselves rich
    while they destroy the psyche of so many.

At the present time, I can only encourage you
    to do more of what you have been doing.

Sincerely yours
    Leo J Ryan
    Member of Congress

Ida Camburn was one of my mentors. I miss you Ida, she used to use the nickname wasmom on IRC Chat because she lost her son John Watson to scientology's disconnection policies in 1976. A sign on her refrigerator in 2010 said "Never give up"

Scientology tried to get Ida Camburn in trouble for making a "cake bomb" I wrote a ditty about that when it happened
    titled "Keep off mom's front porch"

================

[​IMG]
    Joe Harrington

Joe was on the Apollo at one point.
    Joe Harrington loved the sea, and was in the Coast Guard.after the 1977 RAID by the FBI and IRS on Scientology in LA, He lost his job in the USCG because he was suspected of being a scientology infiltrator (which he never was, he just loved the sea )

His death bed admission was "I am Scamizdat" < who had Anonymously posted the OT levels ,NOTs, NEDS all kinds of stuff through chained anonymous remailers to usenet, Scamizdat was sought by scientology, even prompted the raids on Johan Helsingus AnonPenit.fi remailer, but they never found out it was my pal Joe, my old friend, Joe Harrington was one of the first Anonymous, he also lived with me at my home for almost a year before mving Sweden with his new wife Brigitta.

[​IMG]

Joe is the one who sent me the Fishman OT Levels affidavit in 1995, that resulted in RTC vs Lerma after I scanned them, ocr'd em and posted them to usenet, the source for the stuff that backed up the South Park episode ten years later.. he was a friend when I in scientology at 17 at FCDC

IN the summer of 1999 Joe and I got down on our knees together and took the oath, written by Thomas Jefferson in a letter about the conduct of the Anglican Church, and was later chosen to be chiseled into the stone in 24" high letters around the inside of the dome of the Jefferson memorial. Do you think the builders thought that quote might be important to us in the future?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny imposed upon the mind of man"

------------------------------

[​IMG]
    (Center)
    Captain Scott Mayer: Lived with me for year, earlier he had testified at the 1982 Clearwater Hearings that he was asked to kill for scientology.
    http://www.lermanet2.com/82cwcommission/4-158-225.txt
    http://www.lermanet2.com/82cwcommission/4-226-300.txt

[​IMG]

He Published a $10,000 Liiterati award winner about scientology
    and rode shotgun for me at the 2nd clearwater picket in 1997, and successfully warned me when the cult tried to do to me, what they succesfully did to Gabe Cazares re hitting someone ( a clam dressed as a homeless man but wearing shoulder pads..under his raincoat ran up to my blind side to be hit by the picket truck while I took a left turn onto Ft Harrison Ave in front of Scientology) Scottie was a brilliant man, he died of a heart attack a few years later.

[​IMG]

More here
    -----------------------------

And the 2 oldest of all

Harry and Henrietta Crampton, Activists, Founded the CFF Citizens Freedom Foundation, they were targeted by scientology. They were picketed Both died of stomach cancer. The odds of this occurring naturally is 1 in 5000 x 1 in 5000 or one in 2.5 million. However if some tasteless and odorless white asbestos powder were added to their table salt, it would be quite probable, and Scientologist Attorney Earle C Cooley would have known this, as he defended Mandville Asbestos corporation before he worked for the dwarf.

Ted Patrick - Deprogrammer, A black man who learned about scams as a child, He stuttered, and his mother would bring him to faith healers, and he learned how scammers worked, and became a Deprogrammer. He wrote a book "Let our children go" which needs to be on the net if it is not already. When convicted of something related to deprogramming someone, (if you don't successfully deprogram the person they will sign affidavits that you did all kinds of things to them) and while he was in prison, he got every single inmate to sign his petition for a new trial. In 1994 he was still being sued in bankruptcy court by Scientologist Attorney Kendrick Moxon.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  4. The Great Zorg

Shawn Lonsdale

Shawn Lonsdale1969 - February 16, 2008
    Died of an apparent suicide.

[​IMG]

from Wikipedia (link below):
    Shawn Lonsdale was a videographer and prominent critic of the Church of Scientology. He resided in Clearwater, Florida, and regularly videotaped members of Scientology coming and going from church activities in Clearwater. Lonsdale had initially intended to do a photography project on homeless people in Clearwater, but after an experience at a City Council meeting, he began to research Scientology. Lonsdale got into an argument with a Scientologist at the City Council meeting, and the Scientologist followed him home and the next day Lonsdale observed a van waiting for two hours outside his home. After researching the Church of Scientology on critical websites, he decided to expose information about the organization. He established a website, and filmed video footage of Scientologists going about activities in Clearwater, and aired edited footage on a local cable station. After getting into a physical altercation with a Scientologist while filming, the Scientologist was arrested and charged with misdemeanor battery, but was later released and the charges were dropped. <snip>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Lonsdale

Some Anon's RIP Tribute vid on UT:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuDusFT2IRo

Another Anon's R.I.P. Tribute vid on UT:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jJNcCGXf8s&feature=related

Google Video by Shawn (CultWatch):
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3438266590550229650#

Shawn,

They can't hurt you now. You did what you did and it made a dent. What you did to expose this evil mind controlling cult will not be forgotten. :no:

R.I.P.

Find Peace.

5. Lermanet_com

Robert Minton

[​IMG]

wow... I will let my freind Bob Minton speak for himself:

Scientology's Attack on Free Speech

and it was specifically Bob MInton's written version of the fishman affidavit's Xenu story that was used, at it contains the same slight error of content as the South Park Episode.. LINK
    Also see Southpark errata page: LINK

Bob Minton saved my life. He saved a lot of people's lives.

He saved Lawrence Wollersheim's case, and saved FACTNet's case, - without his help we would have been 'ruined utterly, without sorrow' He financed the Lisa McPherson case to the tune of 2.5 million dollars.

The man kept some of the old war horses alive.

And he was attacked.

And he did more time on the stand and being deposed than anyone else in the history of this war- it was debilitating.

He was physically attacked by Scientology:
    [​IMG]

His Harassment timeline is incredible you can read it here: LINK

there is so much to this story.. let me share a story of things that really happenned:

6. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

Great information, Arnie. Thanks for posting it. :thumbsup:

And nice to see you surfacing from time to time.

7. olska

olska Silver Meritorious Patron

Robert Vaughn Young

Robert Vaughn Young (April 23, 1938 - June 15, 2003) commonly known by his initials RVY, was a whistleblower against the Church of Scientology after working high inside their organization for over twenty years.

In Scientology

Of his years with the Church, RVY said:
    “I have held nearly every type of position at every echelon. I have worked at the local, the regional, the national and the international levels. I have been a Scientology representative and spokesman before governmental bodies, the media and the courts. I have trained others on how to handle the media and governmental agencies. I have been the most senior public relations executive for Scientology world wide. I worked for years at the echelon that handles critics, "enemies," the media, judges, the courts and the government. I have been privy to documents and tactics of the most secret nature, including illegalities committed by Scientology executives and the means of cover-up.”

He was a national spokesman for the church.

RVY edited L. Ron Hubbard's ten-volume Mission Earth series. Young said that Hubbard had written the main text of the series, but that he had ghostwritten the introduction of each volume, as well as other writings in Hubbard's name.

After leaving

After leaving the Church of Scientology in 1989, Young became prominent as an expert in court cases regarding Scientology such as CSI v. Fishman and Geertz, BPI v. FACTNet, the Lisa McPherson civil trial, cited by the press, and as an Internet-based critic of the organization. His ex-wife, Stacy Brooks, was a member of the Lisa McPherson Trust. This frequently resulted in tension with his former organization.
    Young was diagnosed with prostate cancer on November 23, 1999 and turned his energies to Phoenix5, a non-profit organization that runs a website on the disease. He died on June 15, 2003.

--------------
    The information above comes from Wikipedia.

8. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

Richard Platek was a contributor to alt.clearing.technology. Not exactly a Free Zoner. Just a gentle man interested in many things. Posting nick was Lion. He died a few years ago. I miss him.

Jim Beebe was a sweet helpful man. A critic who posted mainly on alt.religion.scientology.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1F2vKp9PUE

Ida Camburn was already mentioned here. A very brave lady.

9. GreyWolf

GreyWolf Gold Meritorious Patron

Great post and great responses.

10. skollie

skollie Silver Meritorious Patron

This is a wonderful idea, Zorg.
    Tim Skog
    http://forum.exscn.net/member.php?u=4375

11. Realitywilltell

Realitywilltell Patron with Honors

An oldie of mine from when he left us!

[​IMG]

12. Magoo

Magoo Gold Meritorious Patron

http://www.youtube.com/ToryMagoo44#p/search/0/0YXwoL9JyWg

May Shawn, and ALL the people I know who were either "in"
    C of $ and died while "in", or the many who took their own lives :bigcry::bigcry: as well as the critics who have died
    in this fight, may they ALL never be forgotten.

PEACE. :rose:

Tory/Magoo
    PS: That was a video I made for Shawn, way back when he passed away.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  13. The Great Zorg

http://www.youtube.com/ToryMagoo44#p/search/0/0YXwoL9JyWg

I watched your video Tory.... :bigcry:

:bighug:

:hug:

:grouphug:

Fucking scientology.

14. The Great Zorg

Back on track. :thumbsup:

Cool. :yes:

15. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

R.I.P. Eldon Braun

:)

I would like to add about the late Eldon Braun, who passed away on Feb 19th 2010, at 11:20 a.m in France.

Eldon Braun is Dead posted by friend & Scientology critic, Roger Gonnel

Eldon Braun RIP, website with shots of saturday cremation's and ashes day.

[​IMG]
    Eldons French friends: Xavier, Jeff and Franz-Vict​or, ex scientolog​ists or anti scientolog​y like Jeff whose friend committed suicide because of Hubbards sect

ELDON M. BRAUN, Wichita 28 mai 1943-Paris 19 février 2010 Photos
    http://picasaweb.google.com/AliceAliceB75019/ELDONMBRAUNWichita28Mai1943Paris19Fevrier2010#

RIP ELDON BRAUN
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=16500

I said it then and I'll say it again:
    Reading about this on ARS was heartbreaking for me. Eldon was one of my favorite critics of scientology, someone I loved and admired. He was a good man and I will truely miss him.

R.I.P. Eldon Braun

16. Voltaire's Child

There've been some great people in the critic's scene who've passed away. Alan Walters, for example.

I also remember, on alt.religion.scientology, a couple of older people who used to post there and talk to me. They dropped out of sight. Years have passed. Some of them may no longer be living. If that's the case, well, I do think of them fondly.

17. Voltaire's Child

Beyond Horizons used to post here and on OCMB. His death was tragic.

18. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

There were so many over the years who boldly stood up, often alone, and did battle with the deep pockets and dirty tricks of the C o $ to provide us with the truth.

And for me, and so many others, a piece here and a piece there led to one day our walking out to our own freedom.

What a deep debt I owe to all those people and there are those now who are continuing to do the good work of putting light on the misdeeds of the cult.

Bless 'em all !

19. Good twin

Good twin Floater

Yes he was planning on meeting Kathy and I at Alan's ranch before he died. I am very grateful that we were able to meet and spend a little time with Alan. He was very helpful to me as I pulled myself out of the rabbit hole.

RIP brave souls......

20. Lermanet_com

A few quotes by Euripides - 400BC, that describes my opinion of Bob Minton:

And this one speaks of my friends:
    The company of just and righteous men is better than wealth and a rich estate.

And this to my enemies:
    Cowards do not count in battle; they are there, but not in it. Meleager Frag. 523BC

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011