What's new

Critics Memorial

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here's an idea :idea: ... how about a RIP CRITICS OF THE "CHURCH" OF SCIENTOLOGY <spit>?

I was just watching a video of John Sweeney and his interview with Shawn Lonsdale. I started thinking that Shawn may have had a record and some questionable sexual activities but he was a human being and he was standing up against a Nazi style militaristic psuedo science cult, sometimes, maybe many times, all by himself. This man deserves a memoriam, for his efforts. :yes:

I am sure there are many, many more who also deserve this recognition, even if it's in the backwaters of a message board: internet search engines WILL find it. :confused2:

Whaddya all think? :confused2:

I like it. :yes:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
ida-camburn-1941-speaker.jpg

Ida Camburn in 1941

When she was working at a defense plant everyone was given a battery of IQ tests, she was called into the presidents office, she was scared, thinking she was in trouble or was going to fired..., then she was amazed after the President of the company said she had the highest test scores in the whole plant, the highest he had ever seen on that test and offered to send her to college... she said no...I'm happy doing what I am doing and when the war is over I want to go back to be a housewife...

Ida Camburn
Ida Camburn was involved from the start of the Citizens Freedom Foundation which turned into The Cult awareness Network., Ida Camburn picketed gold base. Her last husband had a heart attack shortly after a staged accident where a guy pulled out in front of them from a driveway. Her home was picketed.

Congress of the United states
House of Representatives
December 10, 1976

Dear Ida Camburn,

Thank you for your very detailed letter regarding
$cientology. We haven't yet found a way to attack
these jackals who feed on children and young adults
who are too emotionally weak to stand by themselves
when they reach the age of consent.

It's too bad there isn't a 20th Century Charles
Dickens to write about the terrible destruction of
these 20th Century fagins who make themselves rich
while they destroy the psyche of so many.

At the present time, I can only encourage you
to do more of what you have been doing.

Sincerely yours
Leo J Ryan
Member of Congress

Ida Camburn was one of my mentors. I miss you Ida, she used to use the nickname wasmom on IRC Chat because she lost her son John Watson to scientology's disconnection policies in 1976. A sign on her refrigerator in 2010 said "Never give up"

Scientology tried to get Ida Camburn in trouble for making a "cake bomb" I wrote a ditty about that when it happened
titled "Keep off mom's front porch"

================

Joe Harrington

Joe was on the Apollo at one point.
Joe Harrington loved the sea, and was in the Coast Guard.after the 1977 RAID by the FBI and IRS on Scientology in LA, He lost his job in the USCG because he was suspected of being a scientology infiltrator (which he never was, he just loved the sea )

His death bed admission was "I am Scamizdat" < who had Anonymously posted the OT levels ,NOTs, NEDS all kinds of stuff through chained anonymous remailers to usenet, Scamizdat was sought by scientology, even prompted the raids on Johan Helsingus AnonPenit.fi remailer, but they never found out it was my pal Joe, my old friend, Joe Harrington was one of the first Anonymous, he also lived with me at my home for almost a year before mving Sweden with his new wife Brigitta.

southpark-volcano.jpg

Joe is the one who sent me the Fishman OT Levels affidavit in 1995, that resulted in RTC vs Lerma after I scanned them, ocr'd em and posted them to usenet, the source for the stuff that backed up the South Park episode ten years later.. he was a friend when I in scientology at 17 at FCDC

IN the summer of 1999 Joe and I got down on our knees together and took the oath, written by Thomas Jefferson in a letter about the conduct of the Anglican Church, and was later chosen to be chiseled into the stone in 24" high letters around the inside of the dome of the Jefferson memorial. Do you think the builders thought that quote might be important to us in the future?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny imposed upon the mind of man"

------------------------------

scottmayer-onboard-the-excalibur.jpg

(Center)
Captain Scott Mayer: Lived with me for year, earlier he had testified at the 1982 Clearwater Hearings that he was asked to kill for scientology.
http://www.lermanet2.com/82cwcommission/4-158-225.txt
http://www.lermanet2.com/82cwcommission/4-226-300.txt

mayer5.jpg

He Published a $10,000 Liiterati award winner about scientology
and rode shotgun for me at the 2nd clearwater picket in 1997, and successfully warned me when the cult tried to do to me, what they succesfully did to Gabe Cazares re hitting someone ( a clam dressed as a homeless man but wearing shoulder pads..under his raincoat ran up to my blind side to be hit by the picket truck while I took a left turn onto Ft Harrison Ave in front of Scientology) Scottie was a brilliant man, he died of a heart attack a few years later.

picketruck.jpg

More here
-----------------------------

And the 2 oldest of all

Harry and Henrietta Crampton, Activists, Founded the CFF Citizens Freedom Foundation, they were targeted by scientology. They were picketed Both died of stomach cancer. The odds of this occurring naturally is 1 in 5000 x 1 in 5000 or one in 2.5 million. However if some tasteless and odorless white asbestos powder were added to their table salt, it would be quite probable, and Scientologist Attorney Earle C Cooley would have known this, as he defended Mandville Asbestos corporation before he worked for the dwarf.

Ted Patrick - Deprogrammer, A black man who learned about scams as a child, He stuttered, and his mother would bring him to faith healers, and he learned how scammers worked, and became a Deprogrammer. He wrote a book "Let our children go" which needs to be on the net if it is not already. When convicted of something related to deprogramming someone, (if you don't successfully deprogram the person they will sign affidavits that you did all kinds of things to them) and while he was in prison, he got every single inmate to sign his petition for a new trial. In 1994 he was still being sued in bankruptcy court by Scientologist Attorney Kendrick Moxon.

Last edited:

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Shawn Lonsdale

Shawn Lonsdale1969 - February 16, 2008
Died of an apparent suicide.

picture.php

from Wikipedia (link below):
Shawn Lonsdale was a videographer and prominent critic of the Church of Scientology. He resided in Clearwater, Florida, and regularly videotaped members of Scientology coming and going from church activities in Clearwater. Lonsdale had initially intended to do a photography project on homeless people in Clearwater, but after an experience at a City Council meeting, he began to research Scientology. Lonsdale got into an argument with a Scientologist at the City Council meeting, and the Scientologist followed him home and the next day Lonsdale observed a van waiting for two hours outside his home. After researching the Church of Scientology on critical websites, he decided to expose information about the organization. He established a website, and filmed video footage of Scientologists going about activities in Clearwater, and aired edited footage on a local cable station. After getting into a physical altercation with a Scientologist while filming, the Scientologist was arrested and charged with misdemeanor battery, but was later released and the charges were dropped. <snip>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Lonsdale

Some Anon's RIP Tribute vid on UT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuDusFT2IRo

Another Anon's R.I.P. Tribute vid on UT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jJNcCGXf8s&feature=related

Google Video by Shawn (CultWatch):
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3438266590550229650#

Shawn,

They can't hurt you now. You did what you did and it made a dent. What you did to expose this evil mind controlling cult will not be forgotten. :no:

R.I.P.

Find Peace.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Robert Minton

bobsign.jpg

wow... I will let my freind Bob Minton speak for himself:

Scientology's Attack on Free Speech

and it was specifically Bob MInton's written version of the fishman affidavit's Xenu story that was used, at it contains the same slight error of content as the South Park Episode.. LINK
Also see Southpark errata page: LINK

Bob Minton saved my life. He saved a lot of people's lives.

He saved Lawrence Wollersheim's case, and saved FACTNet's case, - without his help we would have been 'ruined utterly, without sorrow' He financed the Lisa McPherson case to the tune of 2.5 million dollars.

The man kept some of the old war horses alive.

And he was attacked.

And he did more time on the stand and being deposed than anyone else in the history of this war- it was debilitating.

He was physically attacked by Scientology:
offmanhitsbob.jpg

His Harassment timeline is incredible you can read it here: LINK

there is so much to this story.. let me share a story of things that really happenned:

Arnie Lerma: Bob Minton was no traitor.

On the day before he decided to do his recant affidavit, Bob called me.
He had just been in court, all day, in a CRIMINAL proceeding, with Moxon acting as prosecutor, trying to convict him for CRIMINAL perjury.
Yes, Bob was tricked into lying, "Bringing sufficient pressure to bear uppon a matter of no consequence, until the target thinks they have to lie, then move for perjury" is right out of the Titchbourn Eval on Gerry Armstrong's site. Scientology brought an action in US Federal Court in Boston, that was remanded to the local court in Pinellas because all the documents were there.

Moxon conducted a good prosecution, before Judge Shaeffer and then rested his case.

Jonas, Bob's lawyer in that case, did not say a word during Moxon's lengthy presentation. When Moxon rested his case, Jonas stood up and addressed Judge Shaeffer, asking if Moxon had rested his case. Judge shaeffer said yes. Jonas then moved for dismissal on a legal technicality, you see under the Florida law for a conviction for Criminal Perjury (A felony, that would cause Bob to not be able to be an investment banker any longer or ever again) there is a statutory requirement that an Affidvait be filed in the instant case, Moxon forgot or did not know to do this, - he filed just the evidence of each of bob mintons perjuries... Judge shaeffer looked at Jonas and said something like, "You got me" paused and said "Case Dismissed"

This was the moment Bob "saw god"

The Florida law also stated that IF a person files a recant affidavit and rights all his lies, before the end of a court case, he CANNOT be convicted of Criminal Perjury.

This was also around the time (weeks) that his wife got that phone call.... that stated "Bob and Stacy made love in your bed last night" after which she moved everything (millions) out of their joint account in the US.

The night after the court case above, Bob Minton called me, I had not talked to Bob in a long time, and described these things, and said he was going to have to do a recant and that it would screw up the lisa case... He asked for my blessing to do his recant... I gave it. I told my freind, Bob minton, that I would stand by him no matter what, as long as he told the whole truth, and told him that by telling the whole of the truth he might walk safely through the valley in the shadow of evil...

Then the personal attacks came to a head, Bob SOLD OUT, etc etc, as if trying to drive him to suicide... few stood by him.. but I did. I could not tell all these details then. But I can tell them now.

And yes there is more, and what Mr Rinder has characterized above is truth,
Mike, thank you for having the guts to state it.. finally.

I was also around this time that Brian Haney settled with Zwan, Brian had promised Bob that he would help finance the LMT.... Brian got a load of dough from Swan and Digital Lightwave... but Scientology included a list of names to whom he could not give any financial assistance... those names included Bob Minton, the LMT, Arnie Lerma and a few others. Shortly hereafter Bob announced that he was closing the LMT.

The other thing scientology wanted was a promissory note, between me and Bob, so that Scientology could brankrupt me by forcing collection on it. This is the same thing that was done to Ursula Caberta over some funds lent to her by an indvividual in germany. Bob bailed her out, when scientology moved to collect 50,000.

Arnie Lerma: Here is what the nigerian Junk Bond buyback was all about.(The african Business deals)
This was where Bob Minton made his big bucks, AKA Minton bucks.

Nigeria had issued a boatload of government bonds... that is borrowed a pile of money. Their bonds were considered "junk" after the price of oil collapsed. They were trading for 22 cents on the dollar. Thats a JUNK Bond.

The Nigerians contacted Solomon Brothers, asking how much they would want to structure a covert (No publicity) buy back of all their outstanding bonds, quietly, without driving up the price. Solomon Bros wanted 4 percent... The total amount was billions, I dont recall how many... Bob's partner got wind of the deal as he was doing business in nigeria and Bob and his Partner (name omitted) offerred to do what the Nigerians wanted and take 2 percent. 2 percent of one billion is 20 million... Bob and His partner acting as investment bankers created structures that quietly started buying up all of Nigeria's outstanding debt. They Nigerians gave them the money to do it, they were there executers of the purchases through a series of corporations that they formed around the world. The subtrefuge was to hide the fact that the Nigerian Government was the ultimate buyer in order to get the bonds back as cheaply as possible.

There was nothing shady or illegal done, it saved the nigerian government tens of billions of dollars... and Bob and his partner took 2 percent less expenses.. ( half what Solomon Bros had demanded for the identical service)

Nothing more to it. This is how the financial world works, with discretion.

Years after this deal, (and a year before the LMT closed) Scientology PI Lebow went to Nigeria with briefcases of cash and bribed the members of the Nigerian senate to sign a letter of possible (word that means bad financial conduct) on the part of Bob Minton. Of course this was bullshit, but that never slowed down scientology, did it?

Armed with this purchased fictitious letter Lebow went to geneva Switzerland and approached the ex head of the geneva bar association with a shore story (not mentioning scientology) and hired this lawyer in geneva to try to pressure the Swiss Fianancial Police into freezing Bob's accounts.

LeBow, also paid the Maitre'd of a swiss hotel where Bob's partner had his business office $50,000 USD to enter Bob's partner's offices and xerox every piece of paper in it. < this detail was told to Bob by Rinder - Bob had previously thought that his partners office had been burglarized by Scientology. Scientology went through the papers and created a dossier and sent the data to UK Inland Revenue....

The effort to get that ex-head of the geneva bar association to get the swiss Financial police to freeze his accounts was derailed after Bob called me in a panic, after he got a fone call from a banker at one of his banks advising him that somthing was up and the Swiss Financial police were asking questions And he was FREAKED, and he called me, asking me what could he do? But I wont be telling how it was derailed here, just that it was VERY effectively handled, some of what was found out was what became this posting.

Oh, and I think Bob said that the most the nigerian government had to pay was twenty eight cents on the dollar, to buy back the last of their government issued bonds, saving the people of Nigeria tens of billions of dollars.. and then the price of oil started going up again...as the Nigerians had expected, which is why they wanted to get it back cheap and screw their bondholders before their bonds went back up to parity.

PS: when the ex head of the geneva bar association found out who his new client really was, HE dropped him as a client.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great information, Arnie. Thanks for posting it. :thumbsup:

And nice to see you surfacing from time to time.

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
Robert Vaughn Young

Robert Vaughn Young (April 23, 1938 - June 15, 2003) commonly known by his initials RVY, was a whistleblower against the Church of Scientology after working high inside their organization for over twenty years.

In Scientology

Of his years with the Church, RVY said:
“I have held nearly every type of position at every echelon. I have worked at the local, the regional, the national and the international levels. I have been a Scientology representative and spokesman before governmental bodies, the media and the courts. I have trained others on how to handle the media and governmental agencies. I have been the most senior public relations executive for Scientology world wide. I worked for years at the echelon that handles critics, "enemies," the media, judges, the courts and the government. I have been privy to documents and tactics of the most secret nature, including illegalities committed by Scientology executives and the means of cover-up.”

He was a national spokesman for the church.

RVY edited L. Ron Hubbard's ten-volume Mission Earth series. Young said that Hubbard had written the main text of the series, but that he had ghostwritten the introduction of each volume, as well as other writings in Hubbard's name.

After leaving

After leaving the Church of Scientology in 1989, Young became prominent as an expert in court cases regarding Scientology such as CSI v. Fishman and Geertz, BPI v. FACTNet, the Lisa McPherson civil trial, cited by the press, and as an Internet-based critic of the organization. His ex-wife, Stacy Brooks, was a member of the Lisa McPherson Trust. This frequently resulted in tension with his former organization.
Young was diagnosed with prostate cancer on November 23, 1999 and turned his energies to Phoenix5, a non-profit organization that runs a website on the disease. He died on June 15, 2003.

--------------
The information above comes from Wikipedia.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Richard Platek was a contributor to alt.clearing.technology. Not exactly a Free Zoner. Just a gentle man interested in many things. Posting nick was Lion. He died a few years ago. I miss him.

Jim Beebe was a sweet helpful man. A critic who posted mainly on alt.religion.scientology.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1F2vKp9PUE

Ida Camburn was already mentioned here. A very brave lady.

skollie

Silver Meritorious Patron
Here's an idea :idea: ... how about a RIP CRITICS OF THE "CHURCH" OF SCIENTOLOGY <spit>?

I was just watching a video of John Sweeney and his interview with Shawn Lonsdale. I started thinking that Shawn may have had a record and some questionable sexual activities but he was a human being and he was standing up against a Nazi style militaristic psuedo science cult, sometimes, maybe many times, all by himself. This man deserves a memoriam, for his efforts. :yes:

I am sure there are many, many more who also deserve this recognition, even if it's in the backwaters of a message board: internet search engines WILL find it. :confused2:

Whaddya all think? :confused2:
I like it. :yes:

This is a wonderful idea, Zorg.
Tim Skog
http://forum.exscn.net/member.php?u=4375

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
http://www.youtube.com/ToryMagoo44#p/search/0/0YXwoL9JyWg

May Shawn, and ALL the people I know who were either "in"
C of $ and died while "in", or the many who took their own lives :bigcry::bigcry: as well as the critics who have died
in this fight, may they ALL never be forgotten.

PEACE. :rose:

Tory/Magoo
PS: That was a video I made for Shawn, way back when he passed away.

Last edited:

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
May Shawn, and ALL the people I know who were either "in"
C of $ and died while "in", or the many who took their own lives :bigcry::bigcry: as well as the critics who have died
in this fight, may they ALL never be forgotten.
PEACE. :rose:
Tory/Magoo
PS: That was a video I made for Shawn, way back when he passed away.

I watched your video Tory.... :bigcry:

:bighug:

:hug:

:grouphug:

Fucking scientology.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
R.I.P. Eldon Braun

Back on track. :thumbsup:

Cool. :yes:

:)

I would like to add about the late Eldon Braun, who passed away on Feb 19th 2010, at 11:20 a.m in France.

Eldon Braun is Dead posted by friend & Scientology critic, Roger Gonnel

Eldon Braun RIP, website with shots of saturday cremation's and ashes day.

IMG_9651.JPG

Eldons French friends: Xavier, Jeff and Franz-Vict​or, ex scientolog​ists or anti scientolog​y like Jeff whose friend committed suicide because of Hubbards sect

ELDON M. BRAUN, Wichita 28 mai 1943-Paris 19 février 2010 Photos
http://picasaweb.google.com/AliceAliceB75019/ELDONMBRAUNWichita28Mai1943Paris19Fevrier2010#

RIP ELDON BRAUN
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=16500

I said it then and I'll say it again:
Reading about this on ARS was heartbreaking for me. Eldon was one of my favorite critics of scientology, someone I loved and admired. He was a good man and I will truely miss him.

R.I.P. Eldon Braun

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
There've been some great people in the critic's scene who've passed away. Alan Walters, for example.

I also remember, on alt.religion.scientology, a couple of older people who used to post there and talk to me. They dropped out of sight. Years have passed. Some of them may no longer be living. If that's the case, well, I do think of them fondly.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
There were so many over the years who boldly stood up, often alone, and did battle with the deep pockets and dirty tricks of the C o $ to provide us with the truth.

And for me, and so many others, a piece here and a piece there led to one day our walking out to our own freedom.

What a deep debt I owe to all those people and there are those now who are continuing to do the good work of putting light on the misdeeds of the cult.

Bless 'em all !

Good twin

Floater
Beyond Horizons used to post here and on OCMB. His death was tragic.

Yes he was planning on meeting Kathy and I at Alan's ranch before he died. I am very grateful that we were able to meet and spend a little time with Alan. He was very helpful to me as I pulled myself out of the rabbit hole.

RIP brave souls......

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
A few quotes by Euripides - 400BC, that describes my opinion of Bob Minton:

When good men die their goodness does not perish, But lives though they are gone. As for the bad, All that was theirs dies and is buried with them. Temenidæ Frag. 734

The man who melts with social sympathy, though not allied, is more worth than a thousand kinsmen. Orestes (408 BC)

And this one speaks of my friends:
The company of just and righteous men is better than wealth and a rich estate.

And this to my enemies:
Cowards do not count in battle; they are there, but not in it. Meleager Frag. 523BC

Last edited: