What's new

David Mayo - Non-Metered Auditing

JBTrendy

Patron with Honors
News about David Mayo

Thanks Anonkat for posting this video that I enjoyed very much. What a nice and knowledgeable guy!

Does anyone have recent news about David Mayo. from another thread I saw that he got involved with the Church of new civilisation and some other group and than in 94 and 95 got under great harrassement and heavy attacks from the CofS. How is he doing now? Does anyone know?

AnonKat

Crusader
Thanks Anonkat for posting this video that I enjoyed very much. What a nice and knowledgeable guy!

Does anyone have recent news about David Mayo. from another thread I saw that he got involved with the Church of new civilisation and some other group and than in 94 and 95 got under great harrassement and heavy attacks from the CofS. How is he doing now? Does anyone know?

You are welcome, The last communication of David Mayo I could find is this one.

http://www.freezone.org/reports/e_mayo02.htm

Subject:
UN-FAIR GAME
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 1996 08:02:04 +0200

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
That's an interesting link.

Considering this:

"In June 1994, Monique Yingling, William Drescher, (Scientology lawyers), Michael Rinder (head of OSA),and Merril Emerick (Gerbode's lawyer), paid a surprise visit to Mayo/CNC lawyer, Jerold Fagelbaum. They announced that they had made a secret deal with Gerbode in which Gerbode had been persuaded to break his contract with Mayo, CNC and their lawyers. (Gerbode was, at that time, the main contributor to the Mayo/CNC legal defense fund.) RTC/Scientology tried to persuade Fagelbaum, to not continue trying to collect the 2.9 million dollar court awarded sanction Scientology(tm) was supposed to pay and not to pursue our counter claims against Scientology(tm).

In late July 1994, I received phone calls from Mike Rinder, head of OSA. He wanted to me to fly to Miami and meet with OSA on my own, without my lawyer present, to discuss the above and a possible settlement offer. I repeatedly declined to meet him alone and I told him that if he had a settlement proposal to send it to my lawyer. He refused and ended the last phone call with a threatening, "Wait and see what happens next!" I found out about a week later."

...I wonder if anyone on Marty Rathbun's site might feel like asking Marty and Mike what they know about it.

Zinj

AnonKat

Crusader
That's an interesting link.

Considering this:

"In June 1994, Monique Yingling, William Drescher, (Scientology lawyers), Michael Rinder (head of OSA),and Merril Emerick (Gerbode's lawyer), paid a surprise visit to Mayo/CNC lawyer, Jerold Fagelbaum. They announced that they had made a secret deal with Gerbode in which Gerbode had been persuaded to break his contract with Mayo, CNC and their lawyers. (Gerbode was, at that time, the main contributor to the Mayo/CNC legal defense fund.) RTC/Scientology tried to persuade Fagelbaum, to not continue trying to collect the 2.9 million dollar court awarded sanction Scientology(tm) was supposed to pay and not to pursue our counter claims against Scientology(tm).

In late July 1994, I received phone calls from Mike Rinder, head of OSA. He wanted to me to fly to Miami and meet with OSA on my own, without my lawyer present, to discuss the above and a possible settlement offer. I repeatedly declined to meet him alone and I told him that if he had a settlement proposal to send it to my lawyer. He refused and ended the last phone call with a threatening, "Wait and see what happens next!" I found out about a week later."

...I wonder if anyone on Marty Rathbun's site might feel like asking Marty and Mike what they know about it.

Zinj

I sugest Emailing one or the other.

Zinjifar

If Scientology would have resembled his mind-set there would be no reason to protest I think.

I'm afraid I can't see granting David Mayo some kind of 'free pass' on the abuse committed within the Scientology Organization. He was there; he supported it; he *must* have been aware of most of it. He only rejected it when it was turned on *him*. He does seem to have rehumanized himself to at least some degree since he left the 'Church' proper, but, he was and is no 'innocent'.

Zinj

AnonKat

Crusader
I'm afraid I can't see granting David Mayo some kind of 'free pass' on the abuse committed within the Scientology Organization. He was there; he supported it; he *must* have been aware of most of it. He only rejected it when it was turned on *him*. He does seem to have rehumanized himself to at least some degree since he left the 'Church' proper, but, he was and is no 'innocent'.

Zinj

That is a pretty big assumption to make. The supporting bit.

Zinjifar

That is a pretty big assumption to make. The supporting bit.

When was it that David Mayo left the 'Church'? 1982 or '83? Is it much of an assumption to consider his elevated status within the 'Church' until then as 'support'? I'd say it would be ludicrous to contend that David Mayo was unaware of the abuses of the 'Church' and Ron Himself until then.

Zinj

AnonKat

Crusader
When was it that David Mayo left the 'Church'? 1982 or '83? Is it much of an assumption to consider his elevated status within the 'Church' until then as 'support'? I'd say it would be ludicrous to contend that David Mayo was unaware of the abuses of the 'Church' and Ron Himself until then.

Zinj

Read this fom the same intresting link as you called it yourself:

http://www.freezone.org/reports/e_mayo02.htm

Mayo:

“Also during this time period of early to mid 1982, I became more and more outspoken on other than purely technical matters – I made my objections to high and rising prices of Scn services, to the rashes of incorrect and unjust ethics and justice actions and numerous other matters very well kown to WDC and other senior execs in an effort to get these points corrected.”

During a conversation with Pat Broeker and David Miscavige in about mid 1982, some relevant attitudes were revealed. Pat and Miscavige were discussing the fact that they would have the responsibility for the management of Scn from LRH’s death on until he returned in next life. (Pat & Annie Broeker and David Miscavige were to be the three trustees.) Their attitude was that they would have to exert more control and use more force to “keep Scientologists in hand”, “under control”; e.g., Pat said of Kerry Gleeson, “If he will dare to query my orders now, what will it be like when the old man isn’t around? He won’t take any notice of me!”

I tried to point out that confidence in management depended on competence and ARC, not control or force and brought up the “Essay on Management” – which was taken by Pat and Miscavige as “riding the enemy line”.

“During this period, the idea of prosecuting Scientologists (by RTC) – both staff members and public Scientologists- and the “policy” of “Excommunication” and debarrment from OT levels and from any auditing and training forever were also introduced. Much more could be said on such subjects and the events which occurred during the period from 29 Aug 82 when I was removed, to 14 February 1983 when I left, but these matters confirmed my conclusion that a) what was occurring in top management of Scientology was not Scientology, and b) that it was not possible for me to bring about a constructive change or reformation “from within” the organization and c) that I should no longer support or condone what was occurring by my continued presence at CMO INT or in the Sea Org, as to stay on under those circumstances would have been a betrayal of Scn and everything we stood for.”

Zinjifar

This may be an 'age related issue' :)

For me 1982 is not ancient history and David Mayo was quite active and supportive and aware of the abuses of Scientology since at least the mid '60s. Scientology abuse and criminality did *not* begin in 1982 or 1980 or even a decade before. And, David Mayo was *not* some starry-eyed lower echelon grunt who could not be expected to be aware of much of it.

Zinj

AnonKat

Crusader
This may be an 'age related issue' :)

For me 1982 is not ancient history and David Mayo was quite active and supportive and aware of the abuses of Scientology since at least the mid '60s. Scientology abuse and criminality did *not* begin in 1982 or 1980 or even a decade before. And, David Mayo was *not* some starry-eyed lower echelon grunt who could not be expected to be aware of much of it.

Zinj

Okay i am intrested in what abuses he has been involved in the 60ties

JBTrendy

Patron with Honors
A message to David Mayo

How are you doing?‏

Sent: Sat 06/03/10 18:59
To: [email protected]; Etoileprod France ([email protected])

Dear David,

I recently came across data about you in the ex-scientologist message board that were videos filmed in the 8O's or interviews about LRH and something you wrote about the attacks you've been facing while you were in Dominican republic in the 90's.

I want to tell you that you've got a lot of fans out there or just people who care about you and noone seem to have recent news so I thought I'ld give it a go and drop you a line.

To let you know about myself I am a French artist that have been in the CofS from 1987 to 2002 as an Honorary LRH PPRRO and in the SO and got very succesfull on PR Campaigns such as Mission Earth in France, Say no to drug in France and EU level and with the Jive Aces at FoloUK.

Through my years in Scientology I have been confronted more and more to the take-over of the new management and after OT3 in 2001 I started to challenge them with all the gross departures I felt were going on with what I got out from my study and understanding of the tech and policies from LRH. I felt Scientology wasn't doing well or going in the right direction and didn't want to be reasonable with it any longer.

It resulted in a very injust comm-ev and my kick out from CCParis. For 8 years I've been away in the nature and eventually got in the internet to try to clear things up in my universe. Now that a lot of the true stories behind the curtain shed a new light on the subject I fell like taking responsibility again.

Even while on lines I have heard about you and this didn't make sense to me that you could be the bad guy they would say you were having been the one working as senior C/S Int while LRH was still around and I'm sure lot of scientologists felt the same.

I don't know what your plans are now and even if you're still alive but wether or not you're willing to do anything about it, I'm sure that just getting some news from you would make a lot of people who think you are a greatly valuable person very happy.

All2U

jbtrendy