ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

David Miscavige Prophecy

Discussion in 'David Miscavige and Current Management' started by Brian Korn, Jan 20, 2019.

1. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Nah ... they are very, VERY similar characters (both are strong willed and a tiny, teeny, little bit dominant).

Oh ... and they both have hideous orange hair and a comb-over (whoops, I wasn't supposed to mention that ... Potus lotus will be cross with me now).

Sorry Sis! It just came out ... honestly it did (it was quite unintentional).

:oops:

2. Little David

Little David Gold Meritorious Patron

Lotus has a conscience, Potus doesn't.

3. I told you I was trouble

Did it hurt very much when you lost your sense of humour ?

4. Little David

I haven't lost it, I just think Potus is a bad joke.

5. I told you I was trouble

Oh. I hadn't realised that, I thought you were a Trump admirer.

6. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

To quote an old English comedian form the 70s:

Oh you ARE awful. But I like you!

7. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

Miscavige is a psychopath. He is too hooked on personal power and the abuse of it to ever change, unless he suddenly loses it all.

If he did change then, it would be for an ulterior motive, such as to gain sympathy and leverage to rise again. In this case it would not be a genuine conversion, c'est n'est pas?

8. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

I didn't infer that there was any meaning to the coincidence.
    My attention wandered onto the cookies, and I noticed the spelling.
    You are a Moon beam.
    He is slime.

Little David and The_Fixer like this.
  9. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

10. lotus

Actually I must admit we have similarities...
    But noting in the hair... neither in baggies pants...nor in the bank account...

But, I too grab them all by the pu..y ba..s :D
    :flirting::handcuffs:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    The_Fixer likes this.
  11. Little David

Bad cookie:
    [​IMG]

Good cookie:
    [​IMG]

12. lotus

I won't tell wich are my fav cookies:D
    But I like those sweat 'n sour, plain cookies, classy that are to be enjoyed for the afternoon tea...They are comfy cookies... which goes along well with pearl clutching about gross things...

13. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

FIFY. :) @lotus

14. To me, True Freedom involves letting every person blossom and reach his/her full potential, regardless of religion. EDIT: I suspect that would absolutely be the philosophy of my conservative namesake, Alex P. Keaton.

First, I want to see everyone out of those roach-infested berthing areas that I always hear about (as a never-in).

Second, I want to see these people paid back the money the have donated, with interest, so they can get started on a decent life outside the cult. Clothing, housing, schooling, transportation and health care come to mind. After people leave and get established in their communities, they can find time for leisure pursuits like going to restaurants, concerts and sporting events, parks, museums -- all the things most of us take for granted.

Third, I'd like the cult to stop domineering its members with cult propaganda and "urgent Hill 10" and "call-in" situations where they don't have time to think for themselves. Having a made-up sci-fi religion rammed down their throat 120 hours a week prevents people from making up their own minds. In time, some people will find other religious beliefs, others will never form any spiritual beliefs. But it should be up to them. Because of their experience with Scientology, I suggest very few ex-Scientologists will ever return to any high-control cult group.

Of course the cult is not just going to disband for the physical, mental, psychological and spiritual well being of its people.

To me, thinking that God will infiltrate this cult and bring it down from the inside (mentioned earlier in this thread), is just plain ludicrous. Our ever more-connected and online society shows people what life is like on the outside. Nobody is entering the cult, because everybody knows they have better options in the "wog world". Staff/Sea Org may have their TVs confiscated, forbid the Internet, practice disconnection and fill every waking hour with cult teachings (and invalidation) so they don't have time to think for themselves, but a few will think for themselves, and blow. But the ones still in have no money. Whales that have money to buy buildings and subsidize cult expenses will become disaffected, run out of money like the Feschbachs or die off (RIP Steve Brackett). Are the Whales or the IAS funds supposed to subsidize a money-losing operation forever?

TL;DR version: God won't bring down this cult. Vibrant society and opportunities for a better life have already choked off the cult's supply of raw meat, the cult will run out of money soon, so let's daydream about how people will face AND OVERCOME challenges (and reap rewards) upon setting up their wonderful post-cult life !

(And if you are curious, in my area, we have a thriving Islamic community, Amish and Mennonites, a Hermeticist, some Buddhists, Christians [like me], and we even have one of the area's foremost practitioners of Allestair Crowley's OTO! [he told me "it's not about wild sex parties"!])

15. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

Every x-mas my grandmother would bake a slew of German cookies and mail them out in tins - they were so wonderful. Mmmmm.

Here's a link:
    "10 German Christmas cookies you have to bake this winter
    Vanillekipferln (vanilla crescents) Photo: Astrid Kopp / Flickr. ...
    Springerle. Photo: Frank C. ...
    Pfeffernüsse (pepper nuts) Photo: Dan Phiffer / Wikimedia Commons. ...
    Lebkuchen. Photo: Silar / Wikimedia Commons. ...
    Berliner Brot (Berlin bread) ...
    Bethmännchen (little Bethman) ...
    Heidesand (heather sand) ...
    Zimtsterne (cinnamon stars)

https://www.thelocal.de/20161202/german-cookies-that-just-must-be-baked-or-bought-christmas-pastry

My other Grandmother made the yummiest almond macaroons ever. Forget coconut macaroons - these are just as chewy but soooo yummy.

Mimsey
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. I told you I was trouble

Note to self: Always politely refuse any biscuits offered by Lotus (they sound disgusting!).

:ill:

17. I told you I was trouble

Another note to self: Always accept any biscuits baked by Mimseys Granny ... they look divine (and not at all sweaty).

The_Fixer likes this.
  18. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

Thought I'd get my ass kicked if I said that, so I'm glad you did.

19. CaliMule

CaliMule Work Hard and Bray

Pity God didn't "do whatever He wants" with Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

(Note: When discussing The Living God it is customary to capitalize references to Him and not just the humans being refered to - fixed that for you.)

Does God want sacrifice and desire suffering? Perhaps a better answer is that God so prizes human free will in choosing to follow Him that immense human wrongdoing will be tolerated rather than seize control over humans. Angels, not humans, are the creatures He prefers to utterly dictate to, it seems.

Outside of the book of Daniel's King Nebuchadnezzar and a few references to "hardening the heart" of people like Pharoh and sending angles with messages at other times, Y*H*W*H seems to disdain treating humans as puppets. When did Jospeh and Mary's problem child ever show an instance of seizing control over any person and determing what they shall think and feel, even though He could FREE their minds from demons and change water into wine, if one credits the text.

Maybe devout Christians should just pray like Jesus said to, stuck record like as that seems, and not pray that they be recognized as better than The Author of Creation in choosing what that Mighty King should decide and do.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  20. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

I would like to think this kind of Lecture on Proper Christianity Belief isn't going to become a regular thing around here. It doesn't belong anywhere on ESMB in my opinion. Please go somewhere else.