ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Dean Stokes

Discussion in 'In Memory Of...' started by RogerB, Jul 27, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

For those who knew Dean Stokes, who took over the Dallas Mission after Alan Walter got axed, the up to date news is that he has passed away.

This after a rather long scene of ill health.

He passed yesterday, I believe.

News in from Panama where spent lots of time seeking treatments.

2. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

Very sad day. I knew Dean and the team back at the FH on the 10th floor in 78, they were an awesome bunch - my first exposure to Texans en masse. Was great. Vicki turned out to be a bit of a turd but there is always one in every crowd.

RIP Dean you will be missed

vumba, JustSheila and phenomanon like this.
  3. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

Dean was a brash, loud, funny, and a dear friend.
    I was told that Dean had a heart attack and did not survive.
    He was at his home in Panama.

Mick Wenlock likes this.
  4. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

Damn it. I liked Dean. Mimsey

Mick Wenlock likes this.
  5. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Yes, it was the final heart attack of many. He had suffered from a congestive heart condition for quite some time, and had been hit with a number of earlier heart attack incidents.

R

6. Karen#1

Karen#1 Gold Meritorious Patron

Dean Stokes at the slaughterhouse "mission holder conference" getting verbally declared by Miscavige
    [​IMG]

Dean ~~ quite the cowboy back in the day.
    [​IMG]

Very recent photo of Dean Stokes and his son

[​IMG]

Fly high Dean. Happy trails

7. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

In the photo of dean "The Cowboy" is the guy sitting to his left the person who was the ED of the Dallas Mission?

vumba likes this.
  8. Stephanie Stokes

Stephanie Stokes New Member

http://www.mykeeper.com/profile/DeanStokes/

For those interested in contributing, We have created an online memorial to Dean for others to add to. I took the liberty of using the pictures already posted as we don't have many pictures of Dean. We are trying to create a timeline of his life to share at a small family memorial on his upcoming birthday and to help his grandsons know him when they get older. Please consider posting a few memories or pictures to help us compile Deans story. Thank you.

9. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Thank you, Stephanie. So sorry for your loss:sorrow:

I got to know Dean via his website, which I came across years ago while searching for something. Do hope that efforts are being made to preserve the site on the internet. Ensifer is an important part of the documented history on the internet. Hi articles share the times, and lives of those he met along the way since he was a young kid. People that not only influenced him, but who brought friendship amid the glee, craziness, and apparent benefits felt along the way. Stories of times with his mother, Alan Walter, etc, his time down in Dallas, his stories of his personal experiences are well worth reading. His book selling and TR articles are really good, too. The photos are a great plus. I really enjoyed our infrequent but engaging correspondence.

A real down to earth guy who will be missed by many. :sorrow:

Lurker5 and PirateAndBum like this.