What's new

Debbie Cook strikes back

TG1

Angelic Poster
Isn't tomorrow the big day at the Bexar County Courthouse (the real hearing re Debbie's and Wayne's TRO)?

Anybody here from Texas going? Anonymous? Indies? Churchies?

If this was Australia, all the courthouse pews would be filled, and others would be standing twelve-deep outside.

TG1

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
Isn't tomorrow the big day at the Bexar County Courthouse (the real hearing re Debbie's and Wayne's TRO)?

Anybody here from Texas going? Anonymous? Indies? Churchies?

If this was Australia, all the courthouse pews would be filled, and others would be standing twelve-deep outside.

TG1

I could be wrong, but I thought it was Thursday, not tomorrow.

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
Wait, don't disconnect yet. . .

As much as I enjoyed the brilliant repartee between Helluva and Gadfly that preceded this last post, I must object to HH inserting himself into the mix as Rons' messenger. This post is absolutely being held from underneath by Marty as you all well know. Furthermore, these counterfeit messages from Ron beyond the pale at target 2 are just so much, well, you know. I actually believe Ron is back in the flesh and among us at ESMB working up material for the new Platinum Age of Tech PTS / SP Course which all Scientologists will have to do.

I'm pretty sure of this and I think he goes by the name of %^_@%(&
!@_ OH DAMN, I spilled coffee on my keyboard...
:biggrin:

MY first shoop. Debbie of arc.

As you can see I am still learning, I will pray for guidance. :)

shoop.png

Debbie of arc.

Before You Know What Kindness Really Is
--by Naomi Shihab Nye (Apr 19, 2011)

Before you know what kindness really is
you must lose things,
feel the future dissolve in a moment
like salt in a weakened broth.
What you held in your hand,
what you counted and carefully saved,
all this must go so you know
how desolate the landscape can be
between the regions of kindness.
How you ride and ride
thinking the bus will never stop,
the passengers eating maize and chicken
will stare out the window forever.

Before you learn the tender gravity of kindness,
you must travel where the Indian in a white poncho lies dead by the side of the road.
You must see how this could be you, how he too was someone
who journeyed through the night with plans
and the simple breath that kept him alive.

Before you know kindness as the deepest thing inside,
you must know sorrow as the other deepest thing.
You must wake up with sorrow.
You must speak to it till your voice
catches the thread of all sorrows
and you see the size of the cloth.

Then it is only kindness that makes sense anymore,
only kindness that ties your shoes
and sends you out into the day to mail letters and purchase bread,
only kindness that raises its head
from the crowd of the world to say
it is I you have been looking for,
and then goes with you every where
like a shadow or a friend.

--Naomi Shihab Nye, from The Words Under the Words

NonScio

Patron Meritorious
Re: MY first shoop. Debbie of arc.

As you can see I am still learning, I will pray for guidance. :)

shoop.png

Debbie of arc.

Yes but who does she plan to Annoint after she has stormed the bastions and
slain the Usurper? Who will wear Davey's Crown (or is it Tiara)?

And a moment of objective reflection suggests that whomever a group chooses to have as their principles executives is not, nor need not be, subject to the approval of non-members. What is important is whether that group conducts its affairs while abiding by the laws of the land and recognizing the civil rights of all beings, members & non-members alike.

If you actually want a say in who is chosen to lead the church then your participation in the church would appear to be a reasonable expectation & prerequisite.

For my part I don't care who's name is on the chairman's desk. The only thing that matters is stopping the abuses and holding the leadership accountable for their actions.

Mark A. Baker

And a moment of objective reflection suggests that whomever a group chooses to have as their principles executives is not, nor need not be, subject to the approval of non-members. What is important is whether that group conducts its affairs while abiding by the laws of the land and recognizing the civil rights of all beings, members & non-members alike.

If you actually want a say in who is chosen to lead the church then your participation in the church would appear to be a reasonable expectation & prerequisite.

For my part I don't care who's name is on the chairman's desk. The only thing that matters is stopping the abuses and holding the leadership accountable for their actions.

Mark A. Baker

There's your answer, Nonscio. God has spoken.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Mark A. Baker

There's nothing objective about that statement.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron

There's nothing objective about that statement.

I think Mr Baker knows that and just did not make it redundantly definitive to others that the last paragraph is subjective.

I think he does that a lot. I could be wrong.

Mark, do you do that a lot? a little? hardly at all?

Maybe now is a good time for a Gahan Wilson cartoon?

Rd00

Man de la Mancha

Patron with Honors
Can DC use Karin Prouw's statement to the press that DC never held any senior management position as proof that she was not a super-insider.?

They might bring it in as an "admission", but I think it would be easy to discredit as a mere PR blurb. The whole "missing term" theory stated above is tenuous at best and would require more research.

I think Mr Baker knows that and just did not make it redundantly definitive to others that the last paragraph is subjective. ... I think he does that a lot. I could be wrong.

Mark, do you do that a lot? a little? hardly at all? ...

What was ambiguous about 'For my part ...'?

Yes, like many others on the board I often express my views, opinions, perspectives, etc.; all of which are inherently subjective by nature. When I do so, as in the above cited example, typically the language chosen makes that point unambiguously. What I find curious is how often such simple remarks nonetheless are misunderstood and misrepresented by others, as if they had read different words which existed only in their own minds.

...Maybe now is a good time for a Gahan Wilson cartoon?

Rd00

It's always a good time for a Gahan Wilson cartoon. :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker

Scientology showdown reveals claims of torture, abuse of dissenting members

http://sacurrent.com/news/scientolo...torture-abuse-of-dissenting-members-1.1271897

"....Debbie Cook had already spent seven weeks confined in a facility known ominously as “The Hole” inside a small room with barred windows where she says she was forced to sleep on a bug-infested floor and served only bowls of inedible “slop.” There, Cook claims she endured mental and physical torture at the hands of leaders within the Church of Scientology. When she fled, church officials tracked her down, warning they'd shun and excommunicate her and her husband — or declare them “suppressive persons,” in Scientology speak — cutting them off from family, friends, everyone they held dear.

In the fall of 2007, leaders dragged Cook and her husband back to Clearwater, Fla., Scientology's spiritual mecca, where she spent three more weeks in confinement, in and out of forced confessions ..............."